Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

mrfishstick posted:

I'm literally shaking over how sharp the grass is

I cut myself on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

mrfishstick posted:

I'm literally shaking over how sharp the grass is

I found that to be the most hilarious comment of the video. Yes. Glad you agree.

Maybe we can have tessellation by 2020 on the next console? That would be fantastic.

urea
Aug 18, 2013

How can you care so much about barely noticeable graphical differences, but not care at all about literally halving the framerate?

Has to be some kind of troll...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Arcsquad12 posted:

Art direction over fidelity. I'm also one of those scumbags who tweaks his settings to gain an acceptable tradeoff of quality for performance.

Low Shadows and AA to the lower settings crew. gently caress yeah.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

urea posted:

How can you care so much about barely noticeable graphical differences, but not care at all about literally halving the framerate?

Check his rap sheet. He's insane.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

urea posted:

Goddammit don't respond to it. Don't even look at it.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

urea posted:

he has spent the past 10 years posting on an EQ 1 forum in great detail about every mmo dev's career movements, daily life, and garbage contents to the point where even they though he was a giant creep.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Putting someone on ignore in a situation like this is pointless because people will just quote their posts, so you'll read them either way.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Putting someone on ignore in a situation like this is pointless because people will just quote their posts, so you'll read them either way.

also he's funny

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Daric posted:

Check his rap sheet. He's insane.

Totally insane. In fact, I got banned for this one when I called out a developer here on SA.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3482784&pagenumber=46&perpage=40#post413268810

Course, that was true as well.

Anything else?

I know SA is better than this now. But back then it was a haven for developers and virals to shout down anything they wanted to.

Stairs. You fucks aren't protected anymore.

The only defense? Look at all those probations. Well, click on ever single one of them. Just do me a favor and read them first.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 16, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
This is almost as bad as that time Crytek had to lower details in Crysis compared to its reveal because the game wouldn't run on any PC for 10 years

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Utnayan posted:

new thread title

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

CHECKMATE

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007
I've really enjoyed reading 4 pages of posts by a guy who seems to pride himself on speaking truth to marketing power taking a trailer made 2 years before the release of a game at face value and having a meltdown when he realizes that the final product doesn't look exactly the same.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

CHECKMATE

The loving NERVE of those guys

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Utnayan posted:

gently caress HE KNOWS THE SECRET CODE WORD ABORT ABORT

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Can I still manually switch between swords? Was there ever even a practical reason to do that in the previous games? I don't think I ever encountered a fight with both people and monsters at the same time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I wish I was a paid shill. :(

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

VarXX posted:

This is almost as bad as that time Crytek had to lower details in Crysis compared to its reveal because the game wouldn't run on any PC for 10 years

Yet, ran on an 8800 non ultra at 50 FPS.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can I still manually switch between swords? Was there ever even a practical reason to do that in the previous games? I don't think I ever encountered a fight with both humans and monsters at the same time.

There were a few encounters with both towards the end of Witcher 2. Dunno about Witcher 1

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Utnayan posted:

Yet, ran on an 8800 non ultra at 50 FPS.

Some crazy revisionist history going on here

On low settings maybe

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can I still manually switch between swords? Was there ever even a practical reason to do that in the previous games? I don't think I ever encountered a fight with both humans and monsters at the same time.

I believe it was mentioned that Geralt automatically draws whatever sword is appropriate to the enemy he's facing.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Dragon fire can't melt steel beams, Geralt

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

1stGear posted:

I believe it was mentioned that Geralt automatically draws whatever sword is appropriate to the enemy he's facing.
What if someone made a sword that was both silver AND steel? some kind of...alloy sword?

Roshnak
Jul 22, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Can I still manually switch between swords? Was there ever even a practical reason to do that in the previous games? I don't think I ever encountered a fight with both people and monsters at the same time.

The mines in the climax of Roche's Act 2 were full of mercenaries fighting rotfiends.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Roshnak posted:

I've really enjoyed reading 4 pages of posts by a guy who seems to pride himself on speaking truth to marketing power taking a trailer made 2 years before the release of a game at face value and having a meltdown when he realizes that the final product doesn't look exactly the same.

Obviously that's ethical when a company doesn't forewarn you otherwise when buying the product.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Utnayan posted:

I don't know how to respond.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Utnayan posted:

Obviously that's ethical when a company doesn't forewarn you otherwise when buying the product.

Do you own any Nvidia products?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't know how to respond.

That's how us real goons know you're a hired viral marketer.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

VarXX posted:

Some crazy revisionist history going on here

On low settings maybe

Here is the lowest spec, an 8800 GTS back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSUXpV3_xec

And that is with fraps hitting the frame rate.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Utnayan posted:

Here is the lowest spec of an 88000 GTS back then.

That stuttering is there even without fraps. I had the same video card. Performance only got worse once you left that tiny little beach too. Not to mention the first encounter with the aliens bringing the game to a slide show

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Utnayan posted:

Here is the lowest spec, an 8800 GTS back then.

This 480p video is amazing whoaaaaaa

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

What if someone made a sword that was both silver AND steel? some kind of...alloy sword?

Aren't the witcher silver swords 'silver coated' with a steel core? Or am I crazy? Pretty sure that's how they're made. I don't think a pure silver sword would be very practical.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

VarXX posted:

Do you own any Nvidia products?

I dunno. After your last post, do you? Or know any of the history behind them? Time to brush up.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

1stGear posted:

This 480p video is amazing whoaaaaaa

shill

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
You guys realize if you just ignore him he'll eventually get tired of yelling into the empty void of the internet and will go back to scrawling things on his wall in his own feces, right? Like, just talk about the game, it'll be ok we'll get through this.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I always just kind of figured that was more for lore reasons than pure gameplay, and I think it's kind of neat. It reinforces the whole preparation aspect of Witchers to show that they'd be willing to lug two big heavy swords around just for the sake of having a more appropriate weapon in a fight.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

VarXX posted:

That stuttering is there even without fraps. I had the same video card. Performance only got worse once you left that tiny little beach too. Not to mention the first encounter with the aliens bringing the game to a slide show

Low end series card running the highest settings in a PC engine setting the bar for graphic quality to push consoles, equals neutering a game which can run so much more today if allowed to for the lowest common denominator of development while not telling their customer base this, how?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

VDay posted:

You guys realize if you just ignore him he'll eventually get tired of yelling into the empty void of the internet and will go back to scrawling things on his wall in his own feces, right? Like, just talk about the game, it'll be ok we'll get through this.

I want to see how far I can get his conspiracy theory hole dug and also I want him to really commit to the idea of the game not looking good so that when it comes out and everyone is like "Whoa, this game is really pretty" he's forced to shout "NO NO YOU PLEBIAN FUCKS IT DOESN"T HAVE UBERSAMPLING ITS LITERALLY RAPING MY EYES"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

1stGear posted:

I want to see how far I can get his conspiracy theory hole dug and also I want him to really commit to the idea of the game not looking good so that when it comes out and everyone is like "Whoa, this game is really pretty" he's forced to shout "NO NO YOU PLEBIAN FUCKS IT DOESN"T HAVE UBERSAMPLING ITS LITERALLY RAPING MY EYES"

I am sorry but can you explain this conspiracy theory when two developers of the game already admitted as such?