Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Does anyone use sweetfx or anything like it? This game is already so gorgeous that I'm wondering if it's worth it, and if so, does anyone know a good profile that doesn't drop the framerate too much? There are so many on the nexus and it's impossible to tell if they're any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Anyone use any of the SweetFX or Reshade presets that are on nexus? If so, know of any good ones that don't give too much of an FPS hit? This game is gorgeous by itself, I just want to see if I can make it look even better.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm replaying the whole trilogy, up to witcher 2 now. Does anyone have experience with Full Combat Rebalance? Heard it's good, but would be interested to hear.

Also when I get to 3, definitely gonna try an overhaul mod, what are people's faves? I hear good things about Ghost Mode, but I really want something that basically takes away all the MMO grindy stuff in terms of loot and leveling.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yeah that was kind of a dumb way to phrase it. What I mean is the system where the witcher gear is the only stuff worth using, and you'll get given relic swords as quest rewards that are way worse than a generic bandit sword, but you still get tons of basically junk gear that you'll never use. There's this mod collection that tries to fix a bunch of that stuff, but I don't think it's compatible with Ghost Mode. Also looking to basically have everything level-scaled, so you can do the quests in any order.

Your Brain on Hugs fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 8, 2019

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm gonna do a playthrough with muttonchops and elven rebel haircut and be the most rear end in a top hat Geralt I possibly can, make all the worst decisions. Question is, I've never done a Triss playthrough before, should I go all the way with her and get to see Yen get rejected, or do both at once and lose them and have Dandelion show up at the end of B&W? (obviously I'm doing the Bad Dad ending)

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Using this lockdown as a good excuse to do my 3rd playthrough, 2nd time with the DLCs, and I forgot how much I love this game. playing with most of the non-dumb mods from Total Immersion Modlist on nexus, makes for an overall better experience, especially the visual side of things.
First time with Ghost Mode and I like it, especially with enemy scaling and no quest levels, i started with Skellige and working backwards to Velen, it's been a nice change of pace.
My favourite thing I discovered is that Ansel has a watercolour filter, it's almost as much fun taking screenshots as it is playing the game. Can't wait until I get to Toussaint. Might make a zip with all of these for wallpapers when I'm done if anyone is interested.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I wish I'd gone for telling both I love them in my Bad Dad playthrough, rather than just going with triss because I'd never done that before. Then I would have had dandelion at corvo bianca rather than dumb ol triss. Would have made even more sense because dandelion had just rescued me from prison.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
If you want a different playthrough you can try a Bad Dad run, and just be the biggest rear end in a top hat possible at all times. It gets genuinely hard to go through with, it's a very tragic ending.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ShakeZula posted:

A modified version of this is absolutely my plan for my next-gen playthrough. Not full rear end in a top hat, but I'm going to screw up the romances and be a Bad Dad for sure.

I hosed up my run and went triss romance instead of doing them both and getting the two timing scene I still haven't seen. Even more galling because if I'd done that I would have had dandelion at corvo bianco which I really wanted to see because I went with his ending for blood and wine where he breaks you out of prison, and I wanted to see if they'd made any dialogue for that specific situation.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Does Nvidia Ansel still work and let you fly around? It already had the best photo mode of any game with that.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
My last playthrough I used the mod that takes away all the level scaling and it was much more enjoyable, can do any quest at any time, monsters are challenging because of their skillset not because they're higher level than you. Didn't miss the levels at all.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This game is definitely vastly improved by mods, luckily the writing and environments are so good, you can mod gameplay systems and UI stuff but you can't mod in a better story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Redkit is being released this year, much more powerful modding tools which would allow for new lands, quests etc. I wonder if any modders will have the steam to make anything big on a game this old. After having seen streams of Manor Lords, I'd almost prefer someone makes a Witcher mod for that instead.