Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What would you rather have: A game that looks great and runs well, or a game that looks amazing and runs like complete poo poo without a dual video card setup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Who cares? Play the game or don't. You are not entitled to know about every little decision or action in a game's development.

Edit:

HORMELCHILI posted:

Shut up you entitled babies your opinions are absolutely irrelevant. I know you feel like the video game industry owes you something because you've ruined your own life for it, but guess what, nobody owes you poo poo. You are either consuming a product or not consuming it, there is no discussion to be had there.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Can we go back to talking about the conspiracy about leaving out Geralt's dong? That discussion actually somehow features fewer dicks than this one.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

1stGear posted:

Inequality in terms of male-female genitalia, CDPR is hiding the glorious majesty of the phallus from us, clearly they are part of the kyriarchy.

They should be totally transparent about their use of genitalia.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Woah, no one is asking for Geralt to have a see through penis. Although that would be pretty wild.

Well, being a Witcher has some pretty severe side effects...

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The real question: Will REDTools allow us to mod in our own cocks? Or could we just stick a model of banana on Geralt's Ken doll crotch?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I'm so excited for this stupid game that I scheduled my tonsillectomy around it so I have three weeks off work to play the game while high on pain medicine!

Incidentally, I did the same thing for Witcher 2 back then, only instead of a tonsillectomy, it was a septoplasty. Since this is the last Witcher game, I guess I'm not having any more ENT surgeries.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What do you want, a big text wall from CDPR explaining how development works and how stuff gets changed all the time in development due to stability, etc? Do you want a bullet point list of every single change they had to make since development began about things that got dropped or ended up not 100% as planned? That's insane.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Someone want to summarize the last two Witcher novels so for me so I don't have to read two large books in three days? TIA

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I get to shadow at a vet clinic on Tuesday till mid afternoon. A day of dealing with adorable sick animals makes it easier waiting for the UPS man to drop off my giant special edition. Can't think of a better way to spend a Tuesday.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Drifter posted:

UPS man doesn't leave it your door.

I had it shipped to my parent's house for just such a reason. Every possible scenario has been played out. And if it doesn't show up for some bizarre reason, then I guess I'm buying a digital copy aswell!

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

What is the name of the final game save file for Witcher 2? The one associated with the endgame bitmap is just called '.sav' as apposed to all the others which are called variants of "Autosave_000.sav'. I assume this is the end game save?

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 18, 2015

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Archimago posted:

Your saves are 3-7mb? :stare:

Mine are all ~1.2MB or so. My final save is not any larger than the others. The end game save is AutoSave_####.sav with the .bmp linked above. It is likely the highest numbered one.

In all likelihood, when you go to import your save, it will only see these end game files and it will find it automatically in that save folder.

Yeah, so I just copied that folder off an old thumb drive and onto my PC. The folder which contains JUST autosaves? 4.46gigs.

Archimago posted:

Someone who bought a CE should post some awesome unboxing photos so we can all pretend we bought one too.

I'll try and take some lovely ones with my phone if I remember.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I'm so glad I'm insanely busy tonight and tomorrow morning or else the wait for the UPS guy would kill me.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Real quick, how much XP should I be earning for completing the Noonwraith contract in White Orchard? I'm getting 50 and that doesn't seem like very much...

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

I checked the rewards.xml and dispelling the noonwraith gets you exactly 50 XP.

Ok so is leveling just really slow then? I've been doing quests and stuff and I'm only about half way through level 1.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Just finished the game after 107 hours playtime. Really spectacular experience all around.

I think the game did a really great job exploring a character relationship you don't really see in games: the relationship between a hero and their adult child. The facial animation system totally killed it on that front as well. Really pulled at the heart strings.

Game ran super smooth, but did run into a few bugs (all quest related) after 1.07. Namely that a few completed quests never got "marked" as completed (The Nobleman Statuette, the other statuette one, and Novigrad, Closed City). When going into the final bit of the game, it also failed me on 'A Matter of State' even though the quest was already completed long before. Lastly, the quest 'A Long Time Ago Far, Far Away' is borked. When you go to the quest marker in Velen where you are supposed to find the second ship, there is nothing except endlessly spawning drowners. If you let them idle for a bit and shoot a crossbow bolt at them underwater, a swarm of like, eight of them comes at you at once. And they never stop. Great if you want to see how many floating drowner corpses you can have on screen.

I do have a question for those who finished the game and W2. Is there any mention of Saskia in the game, outside of the gwent card? I sided with Roche in my main W2 game. Just wondering if she showed up at all if you did the other path.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

alex314 posted:

Regarding Ciri taking Nilfgaard throne: remember it's fantasy feudal non-Europe, so your bloodline is very important. Rulers of noble blood will talk only with other rulers, and Vorhees' people may be rich and powerful but I imagine all those kingdoms have at least one family that can equal to them, for example old royal family that was taken one step down in the ladder when Emhyr took them over.

Now let's look at Ciri's family tree:

Elves, Skelligers, ruling families of most of Northern Kingdoms. Her grandmother is beloved Queen Calanthe 'Lioness of Cintra'. Add the connections Emhyr's family has and she's a perfect candidate even if noone knows she saved the world, or she has a hot temper.

Remember that bookwise, Ciri's creation was basically a carefully planned and controlled event. Mages played god, knit romances out of magic and potions, and manipulated the course of history to create Ciri and her elder blood

When Ciri asks Yen about whether she had a hand in it, Yen seems pained that although she didn't (I don't believe), she clearly knew it was occurring.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

They and the conclave basically played god for generations to breed the perfect elder blood child that they could use to their advantage.

So yeah, kinda evil.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

My favorite line was from the new expansion. "gently caress you, I do what I want" Clearly someone was having a lot of fun with that questline/dialog all around,

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Report from the Gwent closed beta:

It's Gwent.
It's Fun.
It has Rock Trolls.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Drifter posted:

How different is it from normal Witcher 3 Gwent?

Lots of cards have effects that effect other cards. Like playing a card that gives +4 strength to one friendly unit or a card that does -2 strength to one enemy unit. There are a ton that do various things. It's been very much reworked from W3 Gwent while keeping the main gameplay idea intact. You just can't steamroll everybody with a ton of spies and gold cards this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Megazver posted:

So, no one wants to create a Gwent thread, so I've decided to make my own. While I go look for blackjack and hookers, does anyone have any hilarious Gwent thread names?

Gwent: Use multiple weather cards, laugh at the rage quits.

Seriously. Running a monster deck that relies on using all weather cards and monsters immune to them. Nobody ever brings weather clearing cards (and if they do, just one), so you can just troll the poo poo out of people. It's great.