Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder what happens in the PC version if you import a save and then answer the opposite of what you did during the part that allows you to choose your past.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Witcher 3: Now on Ouya!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Broose posted:

Comte, I've been running through W2 and just removed the curse from the medallion that was Newboy's. I gotta know if Anezka is in W3. She is a pretty rad witch/sorceress.

I really, really doubt it. She's such a minor character.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know if Dice Poker is returning in Witcher 3?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How short is Chapter 3 of the Witcher 2? The city seems quite small compared to the previous chapters and there don't seem to be many side-quests either. Though this isn't a bad thing as I wanted to complete it by Tuesday.

Also geez the game really just throws the best armor and weapons at you in this chapter huh.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Signs look like they're gonna be a lot stronger in this game than previous.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Roshnak posted:

Signs were already pretty brutal in the previous games.

On Easy and Normal sure but they lose a lot of effectiveness on higher difficulties.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope armor doesn't apply to traps in the Witcher 3. It was really weird in Witcher 2 since stuff like bear traps become completely harmless like halfway through chapter 1.

Orv posted:

Let's get loving nerdy for two seconds;

The books state she's born 1251, the first game takes place in 1273. You may now math.

Only problem with this is that time flows differently in the other worlds. From the look of her I'm guessing she's gotta be at least 18.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I mean enemy traps.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Someone post the picture of Roche again with the crayon pants and headless guys in the background.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Archimago posted:

The key is to balance autistic sidequesting with mainquesting.

Good luck with that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drifter posted:

Also, in Roche's path, Ves tells her story about the king and Dethmold, and Geralt tells Roche that he doesn't trust her. What is that about?

Iirc Geralt thought it was strange Ves wasn't harmed at all but it turns out she was just not telling the whole story because she got raped.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Broose posted:

Also invisible horse Vesimer. Witcher 3 can't escape the cruse of open-world games, lots of weird bugs.

Yeah the Witcher series has always been buggy. When I was doing the meeting of the rulers in Witcher 2 Radovid was invisible.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Something I never knew until I read it in the wiki: The name Roche gives to the guard in Flotsam is the name of the Nilfgaard emperor. Which makes the guards confusion make a lot more sense.

Vernon Roche best spy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does the PS4 version unlock at 6 EST or is that just the PC version?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drifter posted:

What happens if you Kill Loredo? is it the same thing?

Flotsam gets a new mayor/governor who likes to fish.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there any way to respec in this game? I think I'm gonna go the Signs route instead and I'd prefer not to restart if I don't have to.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Verranicus posted:

So I get why peasants hate the Empire, they see them as invaders, but why does Geralt always have such an attitude when he's dealing with people from Nilfgaard? I just spoke with the commander in White Orchard and the dude was straight up doing everything he could to help the villagers out and Geralt still gave him poo poo. It's like the game is giving me mix messages when we're supposed to hate the Empire but everyone we meet from there is friendlier than people from the North.

Geralt is rude.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know where you get regular feathers?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Heliosicle posted:

See those chickens and geese in towns? :black101:

That doesn't aggro guards or piss off the villagers?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sign build rules, everything is on fire. Also a pleasant surprise is that you don't lose the regular version of a sign when you equip the alt version. You just hold the button to do the alt.

EDIT: I've heard there are fire elementals though, those will be...fun with this build.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:58 on May 20, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know if Decoctions are one-use or do they refill when you meditate?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there anyway to permanently increase the strength of your crossbow bolts(besides getting a better crossbow)? I thought the craftable ones would infinite like the default bolts but nope it only gave me 20.

Also alt Igni seems kinda bad, at least at low levels. I'll see if it gets better as I level up. Alt Quen is amazing and replaces the health regen ability though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Geralt needs a new nickname. Very minor spoilers I guess? It's the first main mission questline.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone know what this Potion from Tir Na Lia does?

SkyEnzo posted:

Gotta love delusion. If only I had that in real life. *waves hand* You will suck my cock.

I think that's rape bro.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

HORMELCHILI posted:

Baron gwent question: He just left with Anna to go find a healer and I hadn't beaten him at gwent yet. I think I searched the whole room and didn't find the gwent card. Does he come back, or am I hosed?

You're hosed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Macaluso posted:

Just finished the Baron quest line. :smith:

There is one weird thing though they just kind of leave hanging (heh) and that's still the full deal with the tree horse ghost. When you come back to that village everyone is dead except the guy who cut off his ear, and he says everyone killed each other when the black horse appeared. But when you go to save Anna, you have to pick out which doll is hers to save her. One of the dolls has that dude's ear on top. My thought right away was that the horse ghost just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time there before heading off to save the orphans, and the witches took control of that one guy and he killed everyone in the village himself. There doesn't seem to be a followup quest now for any of that after the Baron hangs himself. Is it intentionally left ambiguous and you have to try to connect the dots yourself, or is there a followup quest to see what ultimately happens to the horse ghost/orphans? If yes, don't spoil it, just tell me if there is and where to get it (assuming it isn't something that comes up way later)

There's a book that elaborates a bit on the tree ghost. It was the witches' "mother" and they killed it because it went crazy and was killing everyone. Then they imprisoned its spirit under the tree. Both the witches and the tree ghost are evil but siding with the tree ghost results in a lot more death.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there any reason to keep beer? I have plenty of food and the screen effect when you drink beer is annoying.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jack2142 posted:

Except when his incest baby is literally a monster that forced him to abandon his capital and build a new one because it was so dangerous... hell I think it actually killed a couple witchers before Geralt took it down in one of the Short Stories.

The incest baby was a monster because someone cast a curse on it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure what the hell this game is doing with vampires. I haven't read the books but I thought lesser vampires like Katakans or Ekkimuras couldn't transform into humans, and higher vampires were one of the strongest creatures in the books and would wreck Geralt in a normal fight. Has the definition of higher vampire changed now or something?

EDIT: By the way I didn't do one of the statuette quests before Triss left so now I can't do it right?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 2, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I've definitely faced human vampires who turn into katakans, and even have the same loot table. Is it just a matter of CDPR not wanting to make a unique model and loot table for them? Even so it's weird that Geralt can kill higher vampires so easy, they should be a boss fight at least.

EDIT: By Statuette I mean the figurines you can find and bring to Triss, who'll reveal they're people who have been shrinkified. I did one of the quests but missed the other one before I sent Triss away.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ If you mean Carnal Sins then yeah I just completed that. I liked the quest overall though.

EDIT: Also it gave me a really rad sword that sold for 1100. Not that I need money at this point with 20k already.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Geralt fights and defeats a golden dragon, the most powerful monster in the Witcher universe, at the end of the second game so I don't think beating a vampire or two is that out of the question.

Eh, it was basically a mindless beast at that point from being mind controlled.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 2, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Depends on the troll. Some only eat corpses.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Holy poo poo Skellige is big and beautiful. Best zone/area/map.

moot the hopple posted:

So hey, don't go into the sunken ship next to the one in the Queen Zuleyka quest. Even though you can easily jump into the hold, the ramp leading back up to the deck is blocked off by debris and is partly submerged, which disables hurdling or jumping over it because being knee deep in water counts as swimming. Hope you didn't save down there like me! :downs:

I know I'm gonna fall for this despite knowing about it now. Luckily I save before doing stuff like exploring sunken ships.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

oswald ownenstein posted:

What is up with alternate signs?

90% of the time I sit there and hold Q for Axii and nothing happens but a vanilla Axii sign.

Yeah Alt Axii is bugged sometimes. By the way you don't need to hold it until the end for Alt Axii, you can just hold it for a sec and let go. Not sure if doing that affects the duration though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Comrade Flynn posted:

What runestones do you guys throw in your weapons?

Bleed, Burn, Freeze and Stagger seem really good. Possibly Aard and Igni intensity as a combat build. Obviously Bleed is pointless if you're using a Fast Attack build though, ditto with Burn and a sign build.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Lambert might be the worst character in any game.

I loved when you first meet him for his sidequest that one of the dialogue options is "What the hell Lambert?" which was exactly what I was thinking at the time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mcbexx posted:

The XP bug only occurs when you outlevel a quest by 6 levels, so it turns grey in your questlog.
At level 4 you should be pretty save from it, mathematically speaking

Uh what? No the exp bug is that main quests that should give exp don't, even if they're green. Grey quests not giving exp is NOT a bug.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I've got a story question for you guys who have read the books. I'm doing the Isle of Mists quest and I went to try to recruit allies from the emperor but Geralt refused the help if Morvran Voorhis was leading the troops. Why? What did Voorhis do to piss Geralt off enough that he'd refuse a banner of soldiers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I just started the Bald Mountain quest. Am I able to leave it and go gently caress around? I went up like 6 levels in the questline before it and want to go mastercraft my gear.

EDIT: By the way, in the Kaer Morhen quests before it is it possible to keep Vigi the fool from dying?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 20, 2015