Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I do all of the Skellige ?s on every playthrough, they have a bunch of of little vignettes that aren't quests or anything but still tell a tiny story. Ghost ships, sacrifices, hanged pirates, a large ship covered in flames.

Plus I like to make all of the mastercrafted and later grandmaster armors and weapons and those chests are full of dimeritium or things that could be broken down into dimeritium or at least its component thingies.

I like to mentally map out the ?s to go for on a little run and relax and sail around and see what there is to see, just takin' however long it takes. Helps that the Skellige music is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

You can tell the yen choice is more canonical and they put more effort into their interactions. A big post-launch update introduced some new dialog to flesh out Geralt's motivations if you choose Triss though.

If you choose both, there's some optional dialog right before the finale that's just cold.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Servetus posted:

Is there any way to keep The elf with the group? I thought she ran off no matter what you did

Yeah this is the case. There’s a way to have absolutely everyone but her die though: if you approach the explosives expert and pick the wrong dialogue he blows himself up. The safecracker dude betrays you no matter what so if you side with the stranger you kill him and the rich brother. Then you get a choice to kill the stranger too to keep the house. Since both brothers are dead the estate gets donated to a hospital and from then on the auction house is boarded up and abandoned in the open world

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Maugrim posted:

Not actually true, the safecracker dude always sides with Horst and the explosives dude always sides with the stranger, so depending on your choice they will either go along with it or fight you.

Right right. I’ve chosen the stranger so many times I’d forgotten what happens when you don’t

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Plus if you don't side with Olgierd you miss out on A sweet sword to complete your venomous viper setup

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Uuggghhhh

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1450845753996455944

Not surprised there’s a delay but 9ish more months of waiting? drat

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

At first release there was a really fun bug where the finishing move where Geralt gets them on their knee then slices their head off would send the whole body flying off like he’d just smashed a home run. They patched it out eventually, super lame

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Narp, can’t say I’ve seen that happen. I haven’t posted in this thread in a while so my av wouldn’t have been on the page before, maybe the other avs were already cached by your browser and mine wasn’t and loading it got goofed up

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Bizarre. Well I’m glad you can see my av now ‘cause I think it’s nice. It’s from an artist named James Gilleard his stuff is great https://www.behance.net/jamesgilleard

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Doing another playthrough and found a small thing I hadn’t seen before in the Towerful of Mice quest I’d always gone through the tower with a torch or the cat potion but had neither this time and had to keep the magic lamp on the whole time. Turns out Annabel’s ghost is visible on each level running up to escape the peasants, it’s not part of any ghost vignette scene thingy so I’d never seen that before! I’m sure lots of people’ve seen that but I somehow missed it in every playthrough so far

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The VA for Yennefer is miles better than the one for Triss as well. Triss always sounds like she’s doing an impression of what she thinks a stage actor being forlorn would sound like

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Reaching the coda of my 10th playthrough and I still don’t know what adrenaline points do

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

In Blood and Wine when you do some quests that are part of a statue being built there are little scenes of geralt and roach on the side of the road, little campsite with geralt enjoying some sort of brew. Would be sweet if that were a part of the game, how you cooked and made potions n’ stuff.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Going through towards the end of the Blood and Wine story and remembered something I found out a few playthroughs ago and not sure I posted if you save your game in the land of 1,000 fables after getting the unicorn, you can use that save for NG+ and your roach will be a saddle-less unicorn in the regular game it’s hilarious

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

WoodrowSkillson posted:

That one, the hostile ones in skellige and the respawning one in southern Velen are basically there so you can get the concoction without killing a good guy

The one in southern Velen doesn’t respawn anymore fwiw

I believe they patched it at the same time as giving cave troll livers a 100% drop chance

I’d forgotten about this and camped out meditating a bunch plus fast traveling all over the place and back for like 30 minutes like a chump before looking it up

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

galvetron posted:

Isn’t there also respawning and hostile troll in Toussaint?

You know, I’ve never checked if those do respawn (it’s a pair of ‘em). Always had everything I needed well before that point so never thought about it. You only need 4 or so cave troll livers and 1 troll mutagen in the whole game for crafting.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

may as well wait for the remaster at this point
that's due next year right?

Last update was that it'll be Q4 of this year https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1527299944834510854

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Some of the Skellige ?s are little set pieces that tell a story without any dialogue, those are pretty neat

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

It's almost Q4 2022 and still no set date for the next-gen upgrade :ohdear:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

r.i.p. this show that already died to me in the second season https://twitter.com/THR/status/1586449421037756417

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I'm wrapping up my 11th playthrough when I get back from the holiday :smugdog::pipe:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Fritz the Horse posted:

I've done three and a half playthroughs (well, first was without DLCs) and I've found new stuff every time. Though this time there will actually be added content.

Even found new-to-me content this last play through. If you do the little night quest in Oxenfurt to get rid of some guys harassing a lady there’s a follow-up later in a corner of the city just south of the western gate that I’d never seen or heard of before the harassers jump you but the lady shows up with a sword and helps you out, turns out she can take care of herself afterall

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Hell yeah Wolf School aroooo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Would've made a lot more sense and still been interesting if the games had done the "there's only one witcher school but everyone gets a different animal medallion" approach.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Downloaded the patch for PS5 around 9:30pm,which is weird because I was under the impression that it wouldn't be available until midnight local time everywhere. Not that I'm complaining. Actually thought it was releasing tomorrow night because I'm an idiot so this was a nice surprise!

Got as far as the inn at White Orchard and everything is nice and pretty so far. New controls for casting signs is going to take some getting used to, nearly got wrecked by the opening ghoul attack like a noob from pressing the wrong thing

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Oh cool, all of my manual saves on the playstation going back years are now gone and doing a new manual save doesn't actually save at all :thumbsup:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I would, I love the crafting system It's great. I have impeccable taste too so you can be sure it's actually top notch

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I like to do that one after getting allll the other base game cards so I get the Collect 'em All quest to pop right after beating the last guy. Then rip through the rest of the quest like a freight train because I'm so overleveled by then

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I adore the soundtrack. I use some of the skellige music as part of my wake up alarm every day and put Whispers of Oxenfurt on loop in the background on days where I want to get stuff done around the house (instrumental version, not that weird one on the OST with singing nobody likes)

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The sun's just risen and the light's coming through your windows and this starts playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6zYy6fXbKE

great way to start the day

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

Fun fact, the lyrics to this song are Bulgarian and it's about a wedding. Ladies singing their asses off on this one though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqp4Jc-XkCw

That is a fun fact!

Similarly the main theme of ard skelling is actually in Scots Gaelic and it's about longing for a fisherman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NknjE2SBPxw

Which makes sense, lots of fishermen in the scottish isles back in the day and you gotta pine after something

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

ATTENTION: After Patch 4.01, The Armorer in Novigrad now says "Top Notch Swords!" again, and even has two Relic versions of the lovely starter swords for sale as well.

Confirmed. Also some performance improvements to ray tracing. Game is perfect now

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

It’s going to be a Witcher MMORPG with all the schools to choose from, witchers everywhere even though it doesn’t make sense

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

It’s clear it was a labor of love, you’re gonna have a blast :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Novigrad is basically Danzig. Even has that giant port crane to drive the comparison home