Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Drop a dandelion on em and behold your 64 point cards. Blue stripes are monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I completed the Fights at level 23. Remember you can take potions before and during the fights.

I get wrecked in Gwent because I keep losing the second and third rounds.

The first round you should spend playing spies and low point fodder to keep the opponent playing cards. If they pass with a low point total you can play one card to win the round, if they over commit you can just pass as well and keep your card advantage. I like the temeria deck because of the bonus card for a win and the huge number of spies you get. I think nilfgaard has a lot of spies too but I never found as many in my playthrough. The scorch vulnerability is real bad though so I would wait as long as possible to deploy any multiplicitive cards until the very end and/or keep some medics ready to revive. Also make sure you bring some decoys to grab enemy spies and use them.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Probably different training philosophies? From what I remember the Cat school has a bad reputation as assassins because they kept taking assassination contracts in addition to Witcher contracts. I think Letho and others from his school only took the king killing offers from nilfgaard because the emperor promised to rebuild their school and offer them a safe space.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Did Olgierd lose his immortality if you chose to save him?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Futuresight posted:

He was told he would lose something he loved in exchange or something like that. I'm not sure of the exact wording, but I'm 100% certain the offer he receives does not explicitly say his brother would die. O'Dimm tells Geralt this when questioned, though also implies that Olgierd "knew" it would lead to his brother dying, but I wouldn't jump to believe O'Dimm on that part of it.

He was told he would have to chose between iris or vlodomir dying to initiate the contract.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Wicked Them Beats posted:

There's a troll you can kill near Oxenfurt. You'll know you're in the right spot if you see a bunch of broken boats.

Ban this sick filth.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The Uma Adventures

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean Ciri, Shani, Eskel and Vesemir are like the only Geralts friends/companions that are not a piece of poo poo, so Djisktra fits right in.....

Zoltan would like a word.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Moose-Alini posted:

Who was the killer?

Not empty quoting.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

I mean, I've been gaming since fukkin' Commander Keen shareware in the early 90s and W3 comfortably sits as the best game I've ever played.

Absolutely agree. I never did well with commander keen though.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Sydin posted:

Honestly a good casting rule of thumb should be that if you can get Charles Dance, you should get Charles Dance.

As zoltan.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I never played the first two because they're PC only but will have to watch walkthroughs of them eventually.

Witcher 2 is on consoles.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

She's good, but there's definitely a debate to be had with shani.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

The real ending is at the end of blood and wine. Fire that poo poo back up.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Hey look at that, it's games journalism.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Got some problematic opinions about the ladies of the witcher in this thread.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I went triss on my first run because I only had the second game to base my judgements on. Then I did the real play through with the dlc and made the correct choice. Still got good dad in both without a guide.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Being a charismatic prick is a better way to stay alive than just being a prick, at least in my book.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

G O'Dizzle is perfectly trustworthy.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I never had an issue winning with northern realms. Just load up on spies and a villentrentenmirth or whatever that card is and call it a day.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Gwent is a fun change of pace and the music is good.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I remember reading that before they changed the writing team and plotlines to something much more stupid, the reapers showed up when civilizations got too far along with dark matter(? Or some Mass effect technology) experiments and had a legitimate chance to wipe out the universe without even realizing it. So they show up, clean house, and make a reaper copy of the race as well. Seems like a much better dilemma at the end when it's likely the thing exterminating civilization is actually right. Either way, the writing in the witcher is miles ahead and I'm huge on G O'D as a powerful adversary that just fucks around with people according to self imposed rules.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Seems like an extra bonus for the person hiring the witcher. You killed the monster and are saddled with this kid now? Sweet!

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Listen, if you aren't playing geralt as tweaked to the loving gills on as many drugs as witcherly possible and spending all your points on being able to chug down even more then what are you even doing with your life?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Hey guys, I have an idea. You know that weird dude with the hosed up face that sat outside town motionless for 12 hours then slammed down some booze he brewed himself containing monsters he killed on the way over who offered to go kill whatever we need up to and including god? Let's hit em with the pitchfork instead of paying. That armor looks pretty open in the gut area.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yes, I don't believe so, and the closest steel sword is probably iris.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I agree the conclusion of this game is pretty great and probably one of the more satisfying I can think of in relatively recent media.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

poo poo I just now realized that was orianna.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I mean, you could show geralt rolling up to any big monster and I'm not sure people could bitch about spoilers. "What?! I fight a werewolf in a cave?! How dare I get shown this early! I had no idea!"

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Yeah she does say it but I think it could have been helped had they somehow worked in the plan pre-butchering to give the audience a more clear understanding that this lady is absolutely going to murder the gently caress out of people one by one until he comes out and has the muscle to do it (I haven't read the books but that was my take on it).

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Did you summon the bitches at least?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Or you could let women characters play as a sorceress.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

He taught them to swear, he'll make em some shoes.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

If he wanted to live he shouldn't have hosed with thaler and roache. For all of roache's flaws he at least had your back on a suicide defense.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Roche is an SS officer a loving bro that has your back when it counts and isn't dumb enough to try to kill you.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Guilty posted:

Ok cool, looks like the only mission I haven't done yet is cabaret and I don't really care that much about it. Thanks!

:wrong:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I skipped killing any on my first playthrough but finally broke down on the second one and killed the rabid troll by kaer morhen. And then felt bad. There is no troll that deserves to die in this game.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

His role in Killing Eve has very powerful dad energy, he will be an amazing Vesemir.

Lol gently caress I thought he looked familiar. I mean it's not mads but I think he'll do a good job. The show isn't perfect by any means and I haven't read the books but the casting hasn't let me down so far.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Doesn't G'OD dangle helping you find ciri/telling you about how things will end as leverage if you're still in the main quest? Seems like a decent enough narrative reason unless I'm misremembering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Start writing your own Witcher fan fiction to fill the void.