Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Im sure there is going to be an enb preset sooner or later that will restore some graphics options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

turtlecrunch posted:

uses quen to shield myself from your criticism

I preferred how Quen worked in Witcher 1. In that you put up a shield around you but you couldnt move but it gave you time to use potions etc.

Burns
May 10, 2008

So far so good. I've noticed some graphics glitches, texture flickering. Getting updated nvidia drivers to see if it takes care of those.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Barring some minor quips with the game, I'm really enjoying the world and setting. Can't wait to see more of it. Just got to Valen. As for those quips: Umm, sunrise is at 3am in this world, kind of odd, not much of a night-time going on. Also, night time doesn't seem to have much effect on monsters/monster spawn rates from what I can tell. Also the fact that Merchants never leave their posts (at least in the starting area) is also really gamey and I don't like it because I'm a massive immersion sperg.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Whats cursed oil supposed to be good for? I see no entries for it.

Burns
May 10, 2008

If it wasnt for this thread I'd never know there are patches for the game. Or DLC.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I am in agreement about the inventory. it would be much appreciated if the game would tell me what notes or books I've already read for example. The quick menu is also terrible and too limited in functionality. There need to be more slots for bombs, and I find the two pocket slots to be utterly pointless besides a few quests that give you items that need to be used.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I've started to get some crashes today. One during a conversation and now one during combat.

Burns
May 10, 2008

While I do appreciate the effort up into a lot of the side quests, it feels to me like they really overdid it in some areas. My complaint mostly stems from all quests in Novigrad that seem to enjoy sending Geralt out to the countryside to run some errant. And its a pattern too, nearly every side quest in Novigrad has this pattern of 3-4 things to do in-city, then all of a sudden you gotta ride to some destination half way across the map for 1 reason (and usually it is just 1 thing you gotta do to advance the quest) that could have easily been taken care of in the city, then come back to city to finish the quest. This is annoying and time consuming and more so because it happens on nearly every single questline in the city.

Burns
May 10, 2008

It seems that the DLCs are no longer listed on my Witcher 3 gog account. Do I now have to install GoG Galaxy to be able to get them??

Burns
May 10, 2008

Alright, where am I supposed to locate the DLCs on GOG.com? They are not appearing in my account when I click on Witcher 3. Everything else (goodies, preload, patches) are listed but no DLCs. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Burns posted:

Alright, where am I supposed to locate the DLCs on GOG.com? They are not appearing in my account when I click on Witcher 3. Everything else (goodies, preload, patches) are listed but no DLCs. Am I looking in the wrong place?

That took care of it. Thanks.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Where the hell are all the nekker warriors at? Ive only seen a few at a cave in velen and a quest in skrellige and i need their hearts.

Burns
May 10, 2008

So finished the main quest and now I'm wondering if the DLCs will add any post-story content. I understand that the world can still be explored but it will be like it was just before the end. Might as well get to things I think need improving:

- Trophies. There needs to be a royal huntsman type of character you can turn your trophies in because they just pile up uselessly in my inventory and their bonuses are basically insignificant.
- Too many bloody mutagens. It would be better if Mutagens were more significant permanent choices, just as they were in the other 2 games.
- Too many weapon rewards. No weapon feels special or important and most are really samey. It would have been nice to see some weapons that have unique qualities, such as , for example, a sword thats really good against a certain type of monster, etc., I also don't understand why many witcher contract monsters drop silver swords (were they hanging onto them just in case?).
- Too many seemingly pointless armors in the game. Most of the stuff feels like filler.
- On the above point: most armor sets look really bland. They are not even on par with design in Witcher 2.
- Not enough monster variety. Even the generic monsters are all too samey. I barely ran into any Nekker warriors for example. I didn't run in a single Endrega Queen (not even sure they are in the game). I saw only a couple of Arachas and they seem kind of lame (wasnt hidden). There weren't very many vampires either. On the same topic, the previous games establish that certain monsters prefer certain types of habits (erm, sorry meant habitats) and this game more or less nails it, but some don't seem to belong in their surrounding environment (most Endrega on the Skellige islands, for example).
- Tier 1 Oils are basically pointless and offer too little a benefit. Isn't it only like 10% bonus damage?
- Monsters and humanoid enemies really could use more abilities in fights. Notice how some Witch Hunters carry bombs but never use them?
- Ciri's sections were great but way too short, especially near the end.

I'm hoping some of this stuff can be modded in the future if CDPR doesnt. I don't think there will be a Enhanced Edition this time around as the game is solid all around. I think thats about it for now.

Burns fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 10, 2015

Burns
May 10, 2008

Bort Bortles posted:

I am really hoping they improve the inventory and also have books/notes you read go into a special journal section or something so they disappear from your inventory just like potion and bomb recipes do.

The inventory is a complete mess. Lets throw books and all notes into "Usables", for some reason. Its not nearly as bad as Witcher 2 but it needs a total overhaul. First, too much wasted space. Bombs, oils and potions need not their own tab but rather a section right under the weapons and armor tab. They should take inspiration from Dark Souls inventory in that in a fight you use what you got equipped on your character (too few slots in the quick menu to make this work but it worked well enough in Witcher 2 since it had more slots) because jumping into a menu is a free pause button. Switching to the Inventory should not pause the game!

Burns
May 10, 2008

Lareine posted:

Wait, what was wrong with Witcher 2's inventory? Everything was divided up, you could sort by price and weight. It was awesome.

Witcher 2's inventory didnt utilize space well.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Haha it wouldve been great if the last showdown with mr badass couldve been decided by a card game!

Burns
May 10, 2008

If there is ever a new game+ i hope they add animations when you use a potion or oil on your sword because i hate myself.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

And enjoy the awesome cinematic afterwards. Fucker gets his poo poo obliterated.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Although is it just me or did the fight with Eredin leave it open ended as to whether he's dead? Those hounds interrupt and then so does Yennefer before Geralt can deliver the final blow. Even if he lived I see no way he can get back to his own world unless he also knows how to use the random portals. Also, if Ciri somehow defeated the White Frost, would it also effect that world?

Burns
May 10, 2008

What are the stats for wolf school armor? Are there also weapons??

Burns
May 10, 2008

Pyromancer posted:

Actually there is a letter for you from him in Witcher 3

The letter seems to be mostly flavour. Alvin as a whole is still another mystery.

Does anyone have screenshots of the new armor set?

Burns
May 10, 2008

I really despise overzealous merchants like that.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Somewhere, somehow, some dumb oval office broke the loving LEFT MOUSE BUTTON! Jesus gently caress.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Can someone please explain the point of the Moon Dust bomb? I've never seen any discernible effect using it on creatures that are supposedly vulnerable to it.

While it will be interesting to see NG+, I still think they need to improve the radial menu with more slots for oils, bombs and other useable items. I'd also like to see them add some kind of hardcore mode where Geralt can't access the main inventory in combat, drinking potions and applying oils has a little animation like in Witcher 1, etc. Also gently caress level 1 oils.

Also I cant wait for proper mod tools.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Hit a specter with it and as long as the duration lasts, they'll always take full damage as if they were affected by Yrden. Vampires also can't go invisible and zip around with it on. Its really, really useful against those guys if you're not Sign-heavy because you can just wail on your enemies without worrying about some of their biggest gimmicks.

Problem is they just move out of the effect area. Does it still work if they're caught it it momentarily?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Is anyone running the game on Windows 10? How is it?

Burns
May 10, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

She was a Source at one point. Did she do the reshape-your-body thing that Sorceresses are noted for? That's why Yen is beautiful, after all.

Or, you know, she maybe matured??

Burns
May 10, 2008

On the Wild Hunt: I kind of wish their in-game design was more varied, a bit more colourful and less generic "bad guy" armor. I really dug their design in those Witcher 2 animated cutscenes. Also, wish there was more of the "cavalcade racing along the night sky", but oh well.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I wouldve been ni e to see blood and wine playing as ciri. With her own skill tree costumes and stuff too. Geralt is fine and all but how many more swords must i scrounge up before i get bored? Anyway i can see that it wouldve been a ton more work but wouldve been nice for a change of pace. Now is blood and wine concurrent with wild hunt or is it a post-hunt adventure? Also the videos showed changes to the gui, any more info on whats changed??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

Find yourselves the equine phantoms. Then stop playing the game knowing your life is fulfilled.