Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

I would gladly show you the difference. But the youtube video showing that has mysteriously turned into a static TV set.

Because the people making that poo poo have realised their error. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

But Acknowledge the bullshit when it comes to least common denomination development because if it effects this company as much as it has, kiss advancement goodbye and you can see low cost development for the rest of your lives

gently caress poverty, global warming, war and famine. The real big issue is the lack of progress in PC vidyagaming.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

I dunno man you tell me, because the only thing you have posted in lately in the last year has been about those video games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1431759368&page=1

Actually, make that your entire posting history since you have been here in 3-4 years.

"There have been 168 posts made by Karrahad, an average of 0.10 posts per day, since registering on Nov 4, 2010."

Are you sure this is argument you want to make?

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

When I checked your posting history, nothing was mentioned about those topics at all. every post was about those drat vidyagames.

Don't know about you, but my life doesn't revolve around my SA shitposting.

Utnayan posted:

Care to rephrase?

There's nothing to rephrase, you're so upset about videogames it's out of proportion.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Utnayan posted:

I do not understand

Utnayan posted:

This is you. Yet in your entire posting history here all you have ever posted about is video games. If you care so much about those issues, why have you never posted about them before?

If I was posting about those topics in SA, I wouldn't be making GBS threads all over the threads. But this is you.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

GrossMurpel posted:

Heads-up: The combat will be almost exactly like W2 (quite a bit faster from what it looks like but the same mechanics).

From the videos, it looks completely different (in the detailed specifics of how things work). Sure, there's light attack/heavy attack/dodge like in many other games, but you wouldn't call Witcher 2 and Dark Souls "almost exactly like".

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010
Since when did IGN equal all reviewers?

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

The 2013 trailers looked significantly better and that's causing quite a stir amongst certain PC gamers who still don't grasp what "advertising" is, or the perils thereof, even though the advertisers totally pinky-swore that those early graphics were the real deal.

It's pretty much text-book gamer entitlement. Those people feel that they're entitled to receive the CGI graphics demoed in 2013 as if it was some sort of a legally-binding promise (note the prevalent use of "promise" by these people) or a sacred oath, and somehow CDPR have "scammed" them even though the game is not out yet and they've clearly demoed what the final game looks like.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Entitlement! Bootstraps! Welfare queens! Dude, I think it's more that people would like it of the lovely decisions console makers made didn't impact what they got on the PC.

But no, that's a good looking game

You sound bitter. How did you plan on playing this prerendered video from 2013?

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Why do people in Games keep saying the word entitled/entitement as a negative thing when they really, really do not get what it means and how complaining that something doesn't look as advertised, while possibly retarded, is not entitlement in any negative sense.

Because people are whining about a downgrade that didn't happen instead of discussing the ethics of marketing a work-in-progress videogame project with prendered graphics?

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

Badly Jester posted:

Does anyone know the name of the song by any chance? I really like the atmosphere it creates for the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaH4W1rY9us

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

ymgve posted:

Just had a freeze trying to slot a gem into an item. Considering this and the freezing when reading notes, something's definitely hosed up with the inventory code.

I had a dozen or so random freezes during cutscenes / while browsing the inventory until I switched from fullscreen to borderless window. Been a smooth ride ever since.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

... Geralt's actor is fantastic in this. His english and acting are so confident now, completely unlike the stilted, wooden delivery in the first game.

Some of his dialogue are quite full of emotion. Not to spoil you, but for those who've hosed around Novigrad and finished things with Whoreson Junior:

Man that was some ice cold delivery from Geralt. It really freaked me out as well because I could swear I've seen that poo poo before. Is there some movie with a similar scene, dude getting avenged in a room full of dead prostitutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

limited posted:

Serious talk, I've only read the cliffnotes that come with 2 & 3 but isn't Geralt's 'canon' thing that he's one of those MYSTERIOUS STRANGERS who nobody knows where the hell he's from originally anyway?

Arglebargle III posted:

He's a Witcher, so he's probably some random orphan. Of Rivia is just an assumed title to make him sound more respectable than a one-name peasant nobody.

From the books:

Geralt's mother is a sorceress and he even meets her in one of the short stories. While his title was originally made up, in the proper novels (was it Blood of Elves or a later one?) the queen of Lyria knights him as "Geralt of Rivia" ironically making it an official title.