Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Oh man if decotions actually refil when rest I need to start using them. I am alchemy focused and hadn't wanted to use them because I read they didn't refill. My toxicity cap is nearly 300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm curious, has anyone here beaten it yet? It doesn't sound like most of you have even gotten to Novigrad.

I'm almost done Act 1 ... I have 55 hours played. I'm around level 21 or 20. What a big loving game.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Also in case anyone cares a dedicated alchemy character is very doable and actually super strong. Some of the high level potion stuff is just nuts. You really want to be diligent about getting your potions upgraded. Pretty much every recipe is sold on vendors that I have seen. There is one vendor that sells superior versions of pretty much every potion oil and bomb but you gotta do a quest to unlock them and of course you need regular and enhanced versions first.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

TescoBag posted:

Are there upgraded versions of the oils?

Enhanced oil does 25% damage superior does 50%.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Whoever wrote carnal sins I loving hate you.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Vendor inventories being level based seems super lovely for alchemy characters.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So apparently that gear you get from quest and if you do it at low level it sucks? If you do it at high level all that stuff is godly and way better than anything you could ever craft. The stats of masterwork crafted Witcher gear is no where close to level 70 vendor trash.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Roach is your only horse. You equip horse items in the inventory.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The fist fight stuff is where you get bitching swords.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I looked up the 3 way on youtube. I'm glad I did.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Vodos posted:

I thought that was someone trolling. That doesn't make any sense, Yen is way too jealous for that, she even threw out the bed G and Triss slept in.

I would go watch it. you don't want it to happen

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

evilmiera posted:

I hate doing this to myself, but what are the decisions to make her less frustrated?

The guide has a decision list. They are as follows.

:cumpolice: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR HOW TO GET WHAT ENDING YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. :cumpolice:

Ending 1

This conclusion of your Wild Hunt occurs if you made three of the previous five choices during your adventure:
During Act II: Main Quest: Blood on the Battlefield, you chose to drink with Ciri instead of engaging in a snowball fight.
During Act II: Main Quest: Blood on the Battlefield, you chose to take coin from Emhyr when visiting with Ciri, instead of refusing it.
During Act III: Main Quest: Final Preparations, you decided to talk to the Lodge of Sorceresses instead of letting Ciri go in alone.
During Act III: Main Quest: Battle Preparations, you gave Ciri Lara Dorren’s necklace instead of letting her ransack Avallac’h’s laboratory.
During Act III: Main Quest: Battle Preparations, you refused to let Ciri visit Skjall’s grave on Hindarsfjall.

Ending 2

This conclusion of your Wild Hunt occurs if you made three of the previous five choices during your adventure:
During Act II: Main Quest: Blood on the Battlefield, you chose to engage in a snowball fight instead of drinking with Ciri.
During Act II: Main Quest: Blood on the Battlefield, you refused to take coin from Emhyr when visiting with Ciri, instead of taking it.
During Act III: Main Quest: Final Preparations, you decided to let Ciri talk to the Lodge of Sorceresses alone instead of going with her.
During Act III: Main Quest: Battle Preparations, you allowed Ciri to ransack Avallac’h’s laboratory instead of giving her Lara Dorren’s necklace.
During Act III: Main Quest: Battle Preparations, you made time to visit Skjall’s grave on Hindarsfjall, instead of refusing Ciri’s request.
If you made three or more negative choices, Ciri is dead, and Something Ends, Something Begins (I) occurs instead.
For this ending, the following must also occur:
During Act II: Main Quest: Blood on the Battlefield, you agreed to visit Vizima and presented Ciri to Emhyr.
During Act II, you completed The Assassins’ Quests (Secondary Quest: An Eye for an Eye, Secondary Quest: A Deadly Plot, and Secondary Quest: Redania’s Most Wanted), and during Act III you completed Secondary Quest: Reason of State, killed King Radovid, and sided with Vernon Roche. Subsequently, the emperor and Nilfgaardian army won the war over the Redanians and King Radovid.

Ending 3

This conclusion of your Wild Hunt occurs if you made two or more of the previous four choices during your adventure:
During Act II: Main Quest: Blood on the Battlefield, you chose to engage in a snowball fight instead of drinking with Ciri.
During Act III: Main Quest: Final Preparations, you decided to let Ciri talk to the Lodge of Sorceresses alone instead of going with her.
During Act III: Main Quest: Battle Preparations, you allowed Ciri to ransack Avallac’h’s laboratory instead of giving her Lara Dorren’s necklace.
During Act III: Main Quest: Battle Preparations, you made time to visit Skjall’s grave on Hindarsfjall, instead of refusing Ciri’s request.
If you made three or more negative choices, Ciri is dead, and Something Ends, Something Begins (I) occurs instead.
For this ending, the following must also occur:
During Act II: Main Quest: Blood on the Battlefield, you made sure not to visit Vizima and did not present Ciri to Emhyr.
Or, if the Nilfgaard lost the war, and either Radovid lives, or Dijsktra rules Redania.
There are three variations to this ending. The first two require the following: During Act II, you must have completed The Assassins’ Quests (Secondary Quest: An Eye for an Eye, Secondary Quest: A Deadly Plot, and Secondary Quest: Redania’s Most Wanted); and during Act III, you must have completed Secondary Quest: Reason of State. How this quest ended influences this ending:
If you killed King Radovid and sided with Vernon Roche and Thaler against Dijkstra, the Nilfgaardians rule over this land. The emperor moves his troops from Vizima Palace, leave this land, and free Temerian troops reclaim it peacefully. This is Ending III (I).
If you killed King Radovid and sided with Dijkstra against Vernon Roche and Thaler, Dijkstra rules over this land. He isn’t a violent despot, but his troops are seeking clues of conspiracy, driving spies and enemies of the crown away from the land. This is Ending III (II).
Did you ignore Secondary Quest: Reason of State? Then Radovid is still very much alive, and rules over this land. The emperor needs to flee from Vizima Palace and witch hunters are everywhere, violently oppressing the population. Uprisings are crushed, and an air of despondency hangs like poisonous cloud. This is Ending III (III).

:cumpolice: WHAT HAPPENS IN EACH ENDIND MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS :cumpolice:

Ending 1: Ciri is missing considered maybe dead BAD END

Ending 2: Ciri becomes empress

Ending 3: Ciri becomes a witcher and goes off on the path but not together with geralt they both work alone.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is aard a terrible sign? It seems totally terrible to me. It's useful effect - knockdown seems super random if it happens and it doesn't help that the game doesn't list at all what your knockdown chance is. The level 2 aard spell / skill say's the alternative version of aard has a lower knockdown chance than the normal version but doesn't say what that chance is. The character sheet just list stagger% which seems useless because it only lasts like half a second and is not help at all. Witcher 2 that poo poo would hard stun people all the time but in 3 it seems awful. Yrden also seems useless because poo poo can just walk out and then you wasted that stamina. It should force stuff to stay inside the cage.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Megasabin posted:

Can someone explain a few things about the loot system to me please:

1. Is loot from quests tailored to your level, and can you gimp a potentially good item by finding it early? I was exploring to the west of Hangman's Alley, found a shipwreck and chest inside that came up red on witcher's sense. I looted it and I got a sword called Maugrium, which was a 3 slotted silver sword. I then later found a ? area that contained a letter about said shipwreck, and the quest auto-completed because I had found the chest already. I then noticed under my completed quest tab that the quest was a Level 18 quest. I did this all at level 5, and Maugrim ended up having a level requirement of 2, and it's states were not even as good the the Viper Serpentine Sword you get a White Orchard. If I had waited till level 18 would it have had better stats?

2. I then googled Maugrim Witcher III to see if I could see it's stats. I found a bunch of youtube videos talking about how to get it, but they showed a completely different location. They also mentioned it was a sword with a level requirement of 5, which is different than mine. Not a single one mentioned how I got it. So was mine just random loot and thus had randomly generated stats?

Everything in the game except for crafted diagrams is leveled. Quest rewards, Vendor inventories, random loot etc... I tested this by using cheat engine to level myself to 70. Suddenly instead of getting a level 7 sword as reward from a quest I got a level 68 sword that had insanely better stats than the best crafted witcher gear. Vendors would sell 700 damage relic steel swords with 3 upgrade slots. Also certain potion recipes won't appear on vendors until you get higher level. So there is a vendor inside southern novigrad once you first get inside and he sells a ton of potion recipes. If you go there at the mid teens he has a bunch more recipes than if you go at level 4 like I did on my second playthrough when I was looking for specific recipes I knew he sold. Turns out he didn't have them yet because I was too low level.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Quest rewards are leveled as well yes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is there any reason why you can't lock onto bosses? I know there sure as poo poo isn't a good reason so I would like to hear any reason.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was trying to lock onto jenny of the woods and it just wouldn't. Also gently caress that fight. Specter oil + yrden and she still took a billion hits to die.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Patch 1.07 sounds pretty amazing. Guess I will hold off on playing until it drops.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm wishing I was playing this right now but I want to wait for the new patch and it is torturing me.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm going to play Planescape Torment which should occupy a good chunk of time. Never finished it but this time I will.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So apparently patch 1.07 is ready for release on PC but they aren't releasing it yet because they want all versions to get patched at once and the console patches have to go through cert. God loving damnit.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

There is not reason they couldn't just release the pc patch though.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

When you release a patch for a console it has to go through an approval/certification process that is on Sony or Microsoft's side and kind of delays patch rollouts through no fault of the developer.

I am aware. What I mean is they could release it on PC and consoles get it later.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The problem wasn't the weight it was that everything got mixed up together. Being able to move things you want to keep into storage then you can just sell your entire inventory.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Any word if we are getting the patch today?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

wrong thread.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I spent over an hour trying to find nekkers so I could get nekker hearts to make a potion and killed about 30 nekkers without finding a single nekker heart and wow gently caress this game sometimes.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

What is the monster nest bug and how can it get me some nekker hearts?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I thought I had read something about a big patch coming out with the DLC next week has there been any talk about what's in it?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

How the gently caress did no one post the trailer yet?\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffdxS9R6NTE

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can someone tell if you actually get to fight a dragon in W3?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I was just saying in IRC that she is a total plain girl. Triss is a loser who wishes she was cool. Yennefer is the prom queen who also is way better at magic.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I just got to Kaer Mohren is it possible to beat the game in the next 10-12 hours or so? You know one sitting.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think because him and all his friends were taken prisoner and made to agree under duress?

Also I found one weird trick. You can go to Kaer Mohren then not do any the quests there and go back and do all the other side quests and you aren't locked out of them until you actually finish the Kaer Mohren stuff.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Drugs for the drug god.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Shani is my one true love.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Did they fix the dlc breaking in NG+ yet?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Ummm this is some major spoilers for the dlc so don't look at this spoiler if you aren't like an hour in.

Am I working for Satan?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I felt like none of them were useful for my alchemy heavy playstyle. One of the only ones related to alchemy was make your toxicity go down really fast which is the dumbest thing you could do with alchemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why was Vesemir going to give White Raffords Decoction to Leo in Witcher 1 when Leo hadn't undergone mutations and the thing would have just killed him. It's pretty much the strongest potion there is.