Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Burgo posted:

So just after the talking to ambassador var attre and I guess it loaded my broche save as Henselt is dead, and radovid has taken over kaedwen. What happens if hes alive? 2 lovely armies for nilfgaard to crush?

i did the simulated import and the guy who asks you questions about your choices doesn't ask if you killed Henselt or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

For some reason I can't ring the peller's bell to call his goat. I'm standing right next to Princess the Goat, but pressing the R1 button won't ring the bell.

I did it somehow when I was standing next to the Peller, but it won't work now.

e: I guess it works now that I went and killed a nearby bear and switched around my R1 item a couple times.

Baxate fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 24, 2015

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

drat, the werewolf healing ability is ridiculous

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Dongattack posted:

Well, after 103 hours played i completed near enough every quest and finished the game, only complaint i have is that it wasn't long enough :negative:

That and shoot the horse.

100 hours is pretty long to me, but I expected the game to cover more of the northern kingdoms and nilfgaard.
Like more than just a slice of Temeria and Redania, and Skelige.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

How come Lambert and Eskel don't have white hair but Vesemir and Geralt do? Eskel is around the same doddery age as Geralt it says in the dialogue.

I believe Geralt has white hair because of the witcher mutations, which doesn't affect everyone equally.
and I think Vesemir is just old.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I ran out of meteorite ore while crafting a witcher set. I don't know where I found it before, I'm guessing it's just random loot in chests. Is there a good place to find it, I don't think I have anything that will melt down into it. I haven't found a blacksmith that sells it yet either.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I just finished the game last night, and I was kind of disappointed in the ending.
It seems to just end abruptly, and a bunch of characters don't really get mentioned at the end. And a lot of the choices I made didn't seem to have much effect on the outcome.

For example:
Because of my choices, Geralt went to Kovir with Triss, but Yennefer gets no mention at all. If you romance Yennefer instead, Triss would get no mention.

If you do (or don't do) the quest to kill Radovid, the outcome of that only gets a brief mention in the epilogue and all you get is a little voiceover of one of those comic book panel things.

My impression is that either my choices didn't really matter or that the story changed along with them so naturally that I didn't notice.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

While they are not cutscenes, you can effect pretty large scale change on the game world. I hear you on the lack of certain character epilogues though.

The Baron of Velen questline was really good, but there didn't seem to be any point like the Witcher 2 where the story branches into two entirely different paths. Maybe that happened more naturally in W3, but it also felt like there was really only one path through the story. I'd probably need to play again to see if the path significantly diverges though.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

Their culture and ancient religious belief system is objectively poo poo.

And I'm sure the ancient Vikings would think your culture is objectively poo poo too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Sharmat posted:

They would, the difference is they're wrong and I'm right.

:rolleyes: