Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Harrow posted:

Drowners are dicks.

The biggest thing I've learned about fighting in TW3 is that I need to treat it a little like Bloodborne, in that "dodge backwards" is often a terrible idea. Enemies can keep up with your backwards dodges, especially Drowners. Once I started dodging to the side and working really hard to make sure I stay on the edge of any group of enemies, it got a lot better.

Also Igni is absolutely crucial against Drowners, even if you're not specialized in Signs at all.

Upgraded Cat and unupgraded Bear are definitely the best-looking sets.

I like Bear all the way up to Superior, and then Mastercrafted just shits all over it. I personally think mastercrafted Cat looks really goofy too, though admittedly both schools are still better than Griffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, I'm not like SUPER HYPED about Griffin armor or anything, but the way people treat it makes it seem much worse than it actually is. My end-game armor set was everything Griffin except the chestpiece, which was SPECIFICALLY Superior Bear. Not like the game's hard at the end, so I went mostly for fashion. Probably would've switched gauntlets to Bear too, but eh.