Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
It is really fun to unequip your swords and box absolutely everything to death. I need to find a way to prevent Geralt flinching when he hits a monster or a blocking opponent.

Punching things is cool as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I made a save just before entering the point of no return where you go to the island to get Ciri. It warned me that some quests may become unavailable. Can anyone tell me what exactly I've been locked out of doing? So far every side-quest and witcher contract I had is still active, I just want to know if there's anything I'd be missing if I didn't revert to an older save.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I just made the hardest ever quick choice I've had to do.

Ceryes/baby spoilers I threw a baby in the over I am the devil. Logically I knew it wouldn't die somehow since you can't actually do the thing, but the spur of the moment cutscene surprised me and I almost didn't do it.

I didn't even hesitate, that was the choice I've always wanted to make.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Eonwe posted:

All I can think is it makes it easier to model her clothing???? Idk

Sometimes when the game chugs and has problems loading textures and models you can see that all female models have a generic nude body, so you're probably right.

Edit: Just looked through some Shadowplay footage I have and there's one instance where you can clearly see this is correct.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 1, 2015

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Jack2142 posted:

I just finished act 1 or maybe 2 all the cutscenes were just wonderful

The fight scenes in general with Eskel v Navigator and Vesemir trying his best to fight the King and Warlord of the wild hunt

This battle felt alot like the entire collector base finale from ME2 except its not the game end, and people don't die in contrived ways

I was worried Vesemir was going to get completely jobbed. Even though he lost he still did well enough to not look like a chump.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Comrade Flynn posted:

What runestones do you guys throw in your weapons?

I really like the freeze runes.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Tirranek posted:

Just finished the Witcher 2 this morning so I thought I'd give this thread a read from the start while 3 downloaded. Still not sure if that was a terrible mistake or invaluable life lesson. Good news is it's finished downloading and is a lot of fun so far. Just curious if there are any settings I should definitely kill on a mid-highish(but not great) PC. Don't really care about the shinies all that much.

Keep hairworks disabled and you should be good to have mostly everything on high.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Earlier in the thread, people were saying the -damage while dodging talent didn't actually do anything. Is there any more to that or should I just skip it?

I have never taken significant damage while dodging, most of the time I don't get hurt at all. The skill is useless.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

dyzzy posted:

Plus stuff stays around forever, so if you're worried about needing it later drop it in novigrad or something.

I've dropped a bunch of stuff in the master swordsmith's house in Novigrad and it has disappeared.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I was watching a few of the pre-release cinematic trailers and I noticed something I completely missed the first time I watched them.

In the trailer where Geralt is returning from a contract hunt and finds the soldiers that hired him are beating a woman, take a look at the guy at the end with the noose around his neck.

Even if it wasn't important, I always did wonder what happened to him.

During the opening cinematic in the game, Yennefer is attempting to escape a battle between Nilfgaard and Redania. While running away she bumps into a deserter who looks awfully familiar.

While you can't really tell for sure which one of these trailers takes place first, it seems like this guy was spared from hanging.

I thought it was a neat little easter egg.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Taear posted:

Endchat After Roche and Ves came to Kaer Morhen and Djikstra told me to gently caress off - even if you help him all he gives you is gold - I just cannot imagine an outcome where Geralt allows them to die. Like he says all the time he doesn't do politics and letting them die is doing politics.

I don't think you can play the politically neutral card after you've assassinated a king.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 21, 2015

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I like to think in the ending where Ciri becomes a witcher and Geralt gives her a sword as a gift, Ciri just runs off and sells the sword. She probably finds something better after killing a smelly, toothless bandit.

I know my Geralt would deserve it.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Anti-Hero posted:

Reason of state is there any way to not be forced to choose between dijkstra or Roche and company?

Other than don't do the quest? No.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Fell into an inescapable hole in a swamp.

I tried calling Roach over to see if I could climb onto him(her?), but he won't get any closer. This is the only spot in the hole where you can stand up, but you cannot jump. All I can do is swim around, I can't grab the ledge or drown myself.

This is where it is on the map.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Levantine posted:

That exact hole caused me to reload back at launch. There is a mod on the Nexus that lets you jump in shallow water that might help.

I just loaded my most recent save. Thankfully the game auto-saves when you quick travel.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

That's really good. The amount of photoshop makes it look a little off though.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Isn’t Triss the better option because she might still be fertile? Or at least that was my understanding. I thought it was obviously better to pick the more fertile woman. I watched the Netflix show and.. Yen is definitely NOT fertile lol

Geralt shoots blanks so it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

The real question is why'd he have to kill the dudes

That's the part of the quest I didn't like. Before the cameraman can jump out of the bushes and scream "it's just a prank, bro" you've murdered multiple people.