Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

megalodong posted:

Actually, it's about ethics in gaming trailers.

Gamergate was right though.

SunAndSpring posted:

How did you spend 600 on a 970? I bought one for almost new at 350.

Dunno, maybe he lives in like Brazil or someplace with real high importing costs.

The Sharmat posted:

Is it really "PC Master race" when you're also wanting the vast majority of PC users to be unable to play it though?

PC Master race has the benefit of selecting and choosing which settings you wish to use, and generally pc master race people like supporting devs that can both deliver graphic fidelity and well optimized software.

Archimago posted:

You're right. CDPR should not have published that trailer in 2013 and then never released another trailer since then after things changed.

They could easily just say "the game has been downgraded because x" instead of dancing around it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Ballistic Photon posted:

Didn't they say that they were struggling to run it on SLI'd Titans?

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-your-system-ready

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

HORMELCHILI posted:

Shut up you entitled babies your opinions are absolutely irrelevant. I know you feel like the video game industry owes you something because you've ruined your own life for it, but guess what, nobody owes you poo poo. You are either consuming a product or not consuming it, there is no discussion to be had there.

This post could be posted in literally any thread in games : it's vague and mentions nothing specifically.

The Sharmat posted:

It's ok to say that you think a game should have better graphics. It's the weird conspiracy theory poo poo that's the problem.

Weird conspiracy poo poo would be thinking "Microsoft paid out 10 million dollars plus advertising so Witcher 3 would be downgraded to be the same on all platforms to make Xbone look better." People in here are posting about poo poo that clearly happened.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Tony_Montana posted:

Supporting the developers completely instead of giving a fraction of the money to Gabe I guess. Also I think the GOG edition may have some more goodies.

Plus GMG has a 27% off promo going on right now : http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Alternatively, you could use a proxy on GoG to get it for like $16 I hear, but I can't vouch for it personally as the only stuff I've proxy bought was GTA5 from nuuvem or PVZGW from Origin.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Make sure you guys import the right save, turns out I either selected or had selected the wrong save even though I wanted the latest save.

Found out that I was supposed to meet up with Letho during the haunted house mission where instead of spooky ghosts I was supposed to get a neat side mission with Letho .

Game looks pretty good with two 970s on 4k, runs at about 45fps on all high settings.