Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Gobblecoque posted:

When he tries to initiate his regeneration deal loving hammer his rear end relentlessly until he's dead.

The one in Wild at Heart regens from the beginning, and also faster than the one in the Whispering Hillock quest as far as I can tell. The Whispering Hillock one was a pushover. I kill all the WaH edition's adds so it's not coming from them.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Goddamnit Roach, stop horsing around :colbert:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

g-c posted:

Didn't really expect to go do all of this poo poo for Kiera only to gently caress her brains out and then kill her 5 minutes later

I sent her to my harem palace. You hosed up buddy.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Do whatever quest interests you. If it's the main story, then do it till your level is too low to progress, then do sidequests. If you miss something you could always do it on your next playthrough.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Nah just play Wild Hunt.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Gobblecoque posted:

Item degradation is dumb but it's such a minor issue I can't imagine how people are angry about it. Repairing costs a pittance and it's not long before you're swimming in repair kits. Worst comes to worst just trade out your sword for any of the equally strong relic weapons you get at the end of almost any quest.

What? You want to keep exploring because it's fun? TOO BAD CHUMP YOUR SWORD BROKE. Go back to West Bumblefuck and fix it before you continue because ????????????????

On the other hand I just explored 4 close ?s on my map and they were all nekker nests so maybe I don't want to explore anymore. :gonk:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Or just make Swallow and then meditate whenever you run out.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Just the cheapest booze you can find, it's magical.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Spiky Ooze posted:

Gwent question:

What is up with passing?

If you have more points, and pass, it should only pass you one time right and you should be able to play after the next move?

But I did that when I wanted my opponent to bleed cards cause he had more, and it just kept passing me until they win? I don't know if it's a bug or what but it makes no sense but I only pass once and it keeps passing.

No, passing ends your play for the round. You can use it to save cards for another round (ex. use spies to build up a bunch of cards in round 1 while opponent spams cards everywhere, pass, then win because opponent doesn't have cards left in rounds 2/3) or if you're sure the opponent can't beat your current total.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
So I finally got back to the Wild at Hunt quest and gave it a piece of my mind with my NEW sword and NEW abilities :argh: And then my sword broke and everything went to poo poo but yea! I did it! Helped that it did not regen from the start this time, I guess that was a bug. Not the greatest run but I can only see good things going forward with machine gun signs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNnb5yb9H0

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Demiurge4 posted:

Mob regen can be interrupted with fire, ghouls do it too.

I used igni on it last time and it never stopped. The one I fought before this @ Whispering Hillock only started to regen at half health, when it stands up and glows red. Still good to know though.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Somewhere there is a storage bin, and I will be able to drop off my piles of flowers and ore there, and crafters will auto-use them from the bin just like in Monster Hunter.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Load up my save from sometime, go to get a glass of water while the loading screen tells me about Ciri and the Crones for a few minutes (on mute), come back

You Are Dead

:smith:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Went looking for sidequests this morning, ended up wandering down the coast in a beautiful sunset light while it rained and soothing music played, killing "bandits" (wink) from horseback and looting the shipwrecks they had claimed, and watching drowners swim gracefully through calm seas.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

oswald ownenstein posted:

It's funny that TW1 had the best combat in the series IMO

You are entitled to your terrible opinion.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Geralt and the Star Trek Fetus :allears:

also get rekt baron haha wasn't even hard :smuggo: on the fifth attempt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQYoXJdgTg

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I sold the cuirass I was wearing so I would have enough money to craft a new cuirass that was like +60 armor over it, then found out the new cuirass is L16 and I am L10 and now Geralt is naked. :doh:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Do you guys loot every house you come across or are you slightly more honorable than a roadside bandit

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
You save a princess what else do you need in life?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Archimago posted:

Just FYI, it's not ideal, but you can drink potions directly from the inventory screen. You don't have to assign them to the quick slot and then unpause and drink, then unpause to swap more. On the controller it's X (or Square) and you'll just drink/eat whatever it is.

Thanks you.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I have music from Die Hard on a tape recorder so every time I find a monster nest I play it and

http://gfycat.com/AlarmingDimpledAttwatersprairiechicken

Both swords being broken really completes this

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

lilspooky posted:

So for Jenny O The Woods Is she just completely broken? I'm level 12 and she annihilates me more than any other fight I've come across. Yeah yeah you read about what you're "supposed" to do to defeat her but it really doesn't work, so what's the trick? I've tried looking up guides online and most come down to "this fight is bullshit and I got lucky after trying for a million times"

Cast Yrden, get maybe 2-3 hits while she is inside the circle, then back up to make sure you are still inside the circle. I'm assuming you don't have any helpful alchemy, so do that.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

So is there any way to prevent Priscilla from being attacked by the serial killer priest after you rescue Dandelion? I really hope it's not a consequence of some dumb decision I made earlier in the game :(

Why wouldn't you give some hint as to what part of the game you are spoiling

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Where can I get some saddlebags? I've started selling alchemy supplies because I'm not carrying anything but the swords and armor on my back but my weight is still at like 59/60.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

there should only be two swords in your inventory :colbert:

There is, the ones I have equipped. My armor/weapon box is a wasteland. I don't even have a shirt on right now because I sold my old one to have enough money to craft a new one, but the new one is too high level for me to wear. :smith:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I don't know about you guys but I had a wonderful night playing The Gwenter 3: Wild Card, and I even found some treasure and encountered some strange happenings in-between bosses. It was the good stuff and I love this game. :mmmhmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tihCz1sFyo

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Solartide posted:

I got some major problems with how you play Gwent.

Oh yea, wanna fite me? :smugbert: I am the one who beat ALL the Valen (Velen?) scrubs. I am a much better player than a bunch of starving peasants.
Well we can't because there is no multi. :negative:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

mcbexx posted:

Haha, I know exactly what you're talking about. drat that beam across the stairs. Geralt, the Butcher of Blaviken, Master of evil staircases, slayer of monsters and renown all-nighter in Novigrads whorehouses - finds his cold and watery grave in a sunken ship, barely 30 yards from the shore.

I too know of this ship...

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I'm not that big of a graphics enthusiast or whatever but are the ps4 versions and PC functionally the same outside of graphics?

I think so. PS4 gets patches late (US still doesn't have 1.03 I think [PC is on 1.04]), and the load times rival launch-day Bloodborne so don't die or reload a lot. PC gets mods.
PS4 also has an issue where it is very hard to read text unless you sit really close to the TV or turn on the PS4's zoom function, but they said they are looking into it.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Calaveron posted:

Wait, Radovid is only one person? Based on what people said in game about him, I thought he was a country full of bugfuck insane people

Yeah he's one guy, I forgot what he does in Witcher 1 but in Witcher 2 he is bald hth. I think he's a foreigner who marries Adda (Foltest's daughter) or something...who even cares we Nilf now.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Nakar posted:

Radovid proposes in all seriousness to marry Anais La Valette, a girl who is like 25-30 years younger than him, just to strengthen his claim on Temeria. Then goes and attacks his other ally anyway, because politics is boring when you can just take poo poo. Regardless of the outcome of W2 he basically attacks whatever weakest link exists solely for his own benefit, and he was trying to marry his way into Temeria's throne all the way back in W1.

Radovid is basically a huge opportunistic schemer and he's finally met his match in Emhyr because that guy is way better at it, and also has about ten times as many dudes.

Isn't marrying into more land/power something you're supposed to do as a king, to try and avoid fighting for it?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Fat Samurai posted:

So there is a quest that leads you to "Ghosts of the Past". I stumbled upon it by accident and thought the devs had decided to go "Hey, you! Surprise Letho!.

There's some old lady in a village who asks you to go there to clear out her manor of monsters, because she's not built enough to do it herself like a real woman.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

grimcreaper posted:

Its not an experience penalty so much as CDPR trying to prevent people from vastly over-leveling story quests.

I noticed when i hit about lvl 16 that exp starts to dramatically drop off, UNTIL you start completeing primary missions. Those are worth a ton in and of themselves, but once you get a level over the main story stuff, it all slows to a crawl.

Then, when you catch the story stuff up, your leveling takes a massive swing in the other direction. Quests start netting 600-800 or so until you caught up, then about 300-400, and then once your past the main story level it drops to 200, then 100, then about 50 per quest. its a pretty lovely gating mechanic.

Monster exp also almost entirely stops accruing.

fuuuuuuck me

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to both of these :stare:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Arglebargle III posted:

Don't forget to read bestiary entries for unique monsters! The Swamp Thing foglet for example is unblockable and very fast. The only way to get away from his attacks is to use roll or spam Quen. The bestiary will tell you this but if you didn't read it you're going to die over and over again wondering why dodge and block aren't working.

I wandered across this guy accidentally and beat him by standing outside his fog cloud and whacking him whenever he came over to the edge of it lol.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

10 Beers posted:

My favorite moment so far: I'm riding around Velen, and come to a bridge, when 2 bandits stop me and try to force a toll. Normally, I'd simply kill them, but this time, I felt generous so I chose the other option. Geralt says "See this medallion? Recognize the guild?" The bandits poo poo their pants and apologize, then Geralt says "Might travel this way again, better not see you here, understand?" The bandits are backing away and apologizing, and in the background I see 4 drowners jump on the bridge, and come towards us, behind the bandits. Lead bandit says, "Sorry, Sir Witcher, we'll be leavin." And the cutscenes ends. Just in time for one of the drowners to kill the lead bandit, yell at the other one, then run off before I could do anything. :allears:

This happened to me but like...in reverse (20:43 if it doesn't link right). :ghost:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Darth Windu posted:

Cases like the baron's are never as clear cut as feminists would have you believe.

Another winning comment from the thread that came up with "slavery is good".

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

NESguerilla posted:

gently caress the quest where you have to fend off the horde from the guys doing a ritual on the pillaged island.

I did this last night and it sucked, but if you keep rolling around eventually you can space them out enough that you can take one-ish at a time. The hag will always be throwing poo poo at you though.

Btw there's a neat turquoise cuirass in a hole behind where the pellar was sitting.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
"This is the best heifer in the region. Saggy udders? You must be confusing her with your wife!"
"WHAT?! I demand satisfaction!"
"Again, you'll have to look to your wife."

Like, having spasms of laughter.
However all these Novigrad merchants that don't actually sell anything need to be burned in the eternal fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Anyone have a screenshot or a better description or something of where Triss' house is in Novigrad? She said somethingsomething fish market but I ran off to do some other things and now I can't find it again.