Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Are there any trolls in W3 that aren't rock trolls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
For monster decks you need to know when to pass a round to keep your cards for next time. Or have lots of frost cards.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Tower of Mice -
There's a recent death in the tower that is clearly from some kind of monster (I think there's clawmarks or something) and also she gets really angry when you question her about little details in her tale of woe...

Also nothing ever comes of that quest I think. You get a note in the character glossary about how a city gets destroyed starting with that escape.

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jun 8, 2015

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

CJacobs posted:

Geralt's VA feels like a combination of Solid Snake and Max Payne and I'm perfectly okay with that because that's awesome, but you're right, Geralt's voice acting does not have much of a dynamic to it. He's basically got three modes: 1. sassy wit, 2. a bit disgruntled and 3. pissed off to hell.

Something that I noticed long ago that still bothers me to this day is that Geralt doesn't use any ye olde speak in his dialogue which is almost totally unique to him in 3, and in fact the way he speaks is pretty real-world modern compared to the way most of the other characters talk in general.

You forgot 4. slurry drunk

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Blue Raider posted:

alright so nerds riddle me this:

is maximum difficulty fun or just aggravating?
i really love this game and want to replay it with more challenge but i dont play video games for a boring frustrating time

Started a second playthrough on Death March after doing my first playthrough on BSM or whatever the second one is. Because I know where the attack and dodge buttons are now it's not really different. Ghouls suck. I wanted to focus on sidequests this time and ignore the main quest for as long as possible, but that is proving really difficult because I get a whopping 60xp for a quest that is recommended to 2-3 levels above mine (costs around 1000xp to level even at L4-5). For whatever reason they want you to play through the main quest first or something...don't know what the deal is. But anyway that is a separate issue from the difficulty.

I am doing a pure alchemy build this time and I already have 2 maxed green skills and one halfway (make sure to get all the places of power in the tutorial area) and it's not too bad. I also turned off the enemy and boss health bars and I like it a lot more that way. I just judge whether or not I can beat something by how much health it takes when/if it hits me. I don't think you can parry with the bars turned off because you won't see the flash, but I never learned how to parry in this game anyway. Just dodge and bonk.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Radovid started the hunts after Loc Muinne in Witcher 2 because witches are naughty.

Also the crones vs. horse is not a difficult choice because all you're choosing when you first play it is do you trust the tree sponge to save the kids or not. You only find out about the other stuff later. And presumably on your second playthrough you pick the one you didn't pick the first time to see the other ending.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Grapplejack posted:

Also giving the gem to radovid's witch hunters was such a bad idea. I was all for helping him catch her since she's an evil poo poo but he believed a group of bumbling idiots over a seasoned witcher.
Well if they're bumbling idiots what does that make you lol :smugbert: I did the same thing.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
What is a worse death: being exploded by a malfunctioning megascope after several seconds of screaming agony while Geralt stands there smirking at you or fleeing in terror for several months then getting caught and beaten to pieces by soldiers and then Geralt stabs you?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
This was a few pages ago but wtf beer belly armors. Can someone ss an armor like this? I haven't seen any.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Relin posted:

This dice game in the first witcher sure is infuriating, I wish I could remove these quests from my log

I used these mods for Witcher 1 and 2

Witcher 1
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mods/688/
(e: actually I don't think it was this one but I can't find the one I used)
(e2: maybe this one? http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/26191-mod-Poker-Dice-Cheater)

Witcher 2
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/646/

turtlecrunch fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 12, 2015

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Azazell0 posted:

I missed out on the awesome Emhyr card (the one that lets you pull a card from enemy discard pile) since I went and lost to Sasha in the tournament, and well, I don't feel like save-scumming quest related matters so I went on my way with the quest. Only later learned that's where I'm supposed to get it.

Kinda hurts my Gwenting now since I've switched to using mostly Nilfgaard instead of Northern realms.

If I didn't savescum Gwent I probably wouldn't have any cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I fast-travel to Crow's Perch for all possible merchant interactions because those guys are always there and they are right next to each other. The only superior merchant place would have them right next to each other and not require a horse ride from the fast travel post.