Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Archimago posted:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzrCC9Udy84jZGNRSkpRUW9VdXM/view?usp=sharing

-TATTOO PRESENT :siren:
-Scoi'atel Path in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Adda's Curse Lifted in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Aryan Alive
-Iorveth's Path
-Saved girls, Loredo lives (but iirc it's heavily implied he dies later, or runs away into exile?)
-Stennis Alive
-Saskia Alive, but still mind-controlled. Have the quest item dagger (which also means helped keep Iorveth alive when he was on that cart or whatever)
-Saved Triss in Act 3 (all dem Nilfgaardians be dead)
-No Mage blood bath in city afterwards
-Sile Spared
-Letho Spared
-Operator defeated, have his staff
-Completed on Dark, have the dark items (probably doesn't matter)
-Birdman Harpy quest completed (hopefully matters)
-All sidequests completed (it's possible I missed the special armor you get from following the quest you get from the destroyed boat, I can't remember if that was this playthrough or the other one. Probably not important anyway)
-All Trolls spared (I am not a monster, dammit!)

That's all the highlights I can think of. If I failed to mention something important feel free to ask and I can probably remember or load the game up to figure out.

.zip includes two .sav files and their .bmp thumbnails, which I doubt you actually need but threw it in there anyway.

AutoSave_0313.sav is the one you want for import. ManualSave_0312.sav is right outside the door to talk to Letho, so you can load the game up and verify tattoo is there, go through that Letho infodump, or look at inventory/questlog/whatever.

Hope it is of some use to people without save files but who made all the Right Choices. :smug:

Thanks for this, that's my exact save but with the tattoo which I got rid of at some point :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Utnayan posted:

I will now vacate the thread so the honest posters here can talk about their excitement to play a good game that is about to come out.

Well that didn't last long.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

After seeing this I'm rethinking my decision to keep my 770 and not get a 970.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

http://giant.gfycat.com/AccurateFloweryHydatidtapeworm.webm

They have simulation disabled in your gif.

2 hours :dance:

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 18, 2015

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Junkenstein posted:

Probably a stupid question, but will my newest Witcher 2 save be the endgame save I need to import?

It'll be an autosave that loads into the credits, but not necessarily the most recent if you played since you finished it.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
The HUD doesn't scale to 16:10, drat downgrade.

Runs pretty well on my 770 on the high present without hairworks, ultra is a bit too much for it though.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

The Crooked Warden posted:

Well contract question: how the blue gently caress do I actually examine the well without the goddamn ghost aggroing on me? multiple attempts and angles of attack yield nothing but frustration

Don't go there at noon? :v:

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
First "crash" 8 or so hours in, during a loading screen. The game didn't crash but it got stuck loading, when I tried to bring up task manager it took ages, TW3 was using 100% of my cpu the whole time, some kind of loop?

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

RatHat posted:

Anyone know where you get regular feathers?

See those chickens and geese in towns? :black101:

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Elderbean posted:

That Jenny O' The Woods fight is hard as gently caress, putting it off for now.

Make sure you always refresh your Yrden also, it'll do a dash through you just as it runs out every time. Just get it in your circle and fast attack it like mad until its out of the circle, back off and repeat. Once I started going on the offensive it was pretty easy actually.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I'm really enjoying my combat mage build, I'm only level 10 so just have both of the top two filled. I've got greater blue and red mutagens along with 3 of each colour slotted, the 40% sign intensity bonus is great - flamethrower igni sets everyone on fire meaning you can get a load of hits in, and I found a sword that has 20% chance to set enemies on fire so everyone is :supaburn: the whole time.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

I trained my Roach to do cool tricks like this.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Had the most insane game of Gwent. Opponent drew 5 spies in a row at the very end and won on a draw with everything being worth 1 :argh:.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Has anyone else had any problems getting lesser red mutagens from monsters? I've got like 4 greater blue/green mutagens, but only found 2 lesser red's throughout the game.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

slev posted:

Is there a reason these chernobog runestones all say they improve attack power by 0?

According to a dev on the forums its just a display bug and they actually do something.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
I'm getting really pissed off with Roach stopping in his tracks every time I ride a bit too close by something, or there's a bump in the road. Makes racing and general riding really annoying.

Also I really like the game with full sharpening, makes all the detail stand out even if it looks a bit weird.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT3BbmGf9Ag

Guess what weapon I just got.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Jimbot posted:

Really bummed (save import)Letho didn't show up during that one side quest. I chose the save just before the final confrontation with him in Witcher 2 since after that the game just ends. Oh well, I'll figure out something on my second playthrough.

You need to import the save from after the ending, its an autosave. To make sure I imported the right save I found the save number from TW2, found the file and renamed it.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
If you have a 16:10 monitor and get annoyed at the HUD not scaling to the edges, download this http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/12/ config tool, go to the hidden tab and set vertical frame scale to 1.1111, don't use the auto setup button they did the maths wrong for it.

Nevermind that breaks the menus.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
e: double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
So I just got to the [Lateish game spoiler]Isle of Mists, it says if I carry on some side quests will be unavailable - I've completed every quest there is and yet I'm only level 26, is the game pretty much over now?