Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
I know this is the Witcher 3 thread, but I'm currently replaying Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition and since the old OPs didn't have EE mod information I thought that I'd mention the pair of gameplay and graphic compilation mods that I'm using in case anyone else is interested:

quote:

Yet Another Mod Compilation (Adds a wide variety of bug fixes, tweaks, and updates that enhance the game without fundamentally changing it)
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/942

Also install a bugfix to allow the Tier 2 Dark Armor (Oathbreaker's Armor) to be crafted using the new inventory system. Save the following file to [The Witcher 2]\CookedPC\Items\: https://github.com/QuietusPlus/EMC-Full/raw/50753625b44ef8b13ba41169843040a9aac1d653/z_emc_data/items/def_item_schematics.xml

Better Texture Environment Mod (It increases the detail, contrast, and sharpness of textures for more all-around visual pop, but it has some questionable additions that should be removed manually).
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/158

Remove the following files / folders:

Broken Yrden Trap textures*:
[The Witcher 2]\CookedPC\items\geralt\geralt_signs\yrdentrap.w2ent

Broken Geralt sword animation*:
[The Witcher 2]\CookedPC\items\work\remains_human_01\remains_human_01.w2ent

Dice board "high resolution" branding:
[The Witcher 2]\CookedPC\environment_levels\mini_games\
[The Witcher 2]\CookedPC\environment_levels\decorations\dices\

Dwarven venus statues with "high resolution" tattoo: [The Witcher 2]\CookedPC\environment_levels\architecture\dwarf_city\exterior\textures\dwarf_statue01.xbm, dwarf_statue01_n.xbm, dwarf_statue01_s.xbm

*These are original files that will need to be replaced if the mod is uninstalled. Keep copies of them for future use.

Kaal fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Fortaleza posted:

Uuggghhhh

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/1450845753996455944

Not surprised there’s a delay but 9ish more months of waiting? drat

Bummer. Well I've been waiting to start a Witcher 3 run and now I don't need to wait anymore.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

the only thing they should bring back from W2 is dice poker, though that might be a more unpopular opinion than the combat

Isn't W2 dice poker basically just a slot machine?

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

it's got dice though

Fair point.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I vaguely remember it being absurdly easy to cheese? Or I may have just found it so boring I installed a cheat mod for it.

The latter, I think. It was very common to cheat mod if you were trying to actually make money off it. Otherwise people would arm wrestle a guy in Act 2 a bunch. Dice Poker was fine if you were just trying to get a single win in for a quest, but it was both random and slightly stacked against the player so it wasn't fun or profitable.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

chaosapiant posted:

It’s pretty much entirely different.

Having played them both, but not to any great extent, I'm honestly not sure what the difference is. They seemed identical to me.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

UP AND ADAM posted:

Weird how that guy liked Triss, wanted Triss, yet went with Yen instead. Almost like it was meant to be and even the fates cannot keep them apart...

It would take a love potion to get someone to put up with Geralt … or a miracle!

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Minenfeld! posted:

I'm doing a second play through now and my first with the next gen update. Just got to Skellige. I liked the wolf armor last time I played, but is there any way to get this before the game let's me go to Kaer Morhen? It feels odd that it's listed as like level 20, but it's locked off behind much of the story.

Kaer Morhen is the only place you can get until Wolf Armor, but you can reach there much earlier if you only do the central plot missions.

https://screenrant.com/witcher-3-kaer-morhen-location/

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Witcher 3 was the only one I’ve not felt any need to mod. The Next Gen update is great.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

When you get to Witcher 2, my mod suggestions are these:

quote:

Yet Another Mod Compilation (Adds a wide variety of bug fixes, tweaks, and updates that enhance the game without fundamentally changing it)
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/942

Better Texture Environment Mod (It increases the detail, contrast, and sharpness of textures for more visual pop, but it has some questionable additions that should be removed manually).
https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/158

Remove the following files / folders:

Broken Yrden Trap textures*:
\CookedPC\items\geralt\geralt_signs\yrdentrap.w2ent

Broken Geralt sword animation*:
\CookedPC\items\work\remains_human_01\remains_human_01.w2ent

Dice board "high resolution" branding:
\CookedPC\environment_levels\mini_games\
\CookedPC\environment_levels\decorations\dices\

Dwarven venus statues with "high resolution" tattoo: \CookedPC\environment_levels\architecture\dwarf_city\exterior\textures\dwarf_statue01.xbm, dwarf_statue01_n.xbm, dwarf_statue01_s.xbm

*These are original files that will need to be replaced if the mod is uninstalled. Keep copies of them for future use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I just started getting into Witcher 2 and thank you for this.

Enjoy! It's a great game.