Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Kimmalah posted:

I'll be honest, my brother kind of set it up for me when I wanted to get more into modding some of my games so I don't know a whole lot about specifics. Like I said though it ran Witcher 2 and pretty much every other recent game just fine on high settings so I was wondering if this is such a drastic change that it can't handle it. But I realize that's kind of vague so if that's impossible to really say, it's fine. I'm not going to be in line on release day or anything.

I'm mostly hoping I can run it so I can wait on the consoles a little longer and not have to drop $450-something or other on this. :v:

You will be fine :) If anything the recommended specs at this point is ludicrious given what they cut from the graphical options. Unless they just have very piss poor optimization on the PC platform which is yet to be seen because no one was given a review copy of the PC version. It has all been PS4 only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

1stGear posted:

Nothing was played in 2013. An out-of-context clip was played in a marketing trailer. There was no physical play going on, no game systems working in the background. You might say it was[/quoted]

Oh really???? I guess a developer said otherwise.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

Read the first paragraph you dolt.

I actually finally bothered to watch this video and its kind of amazing that at the very start, the interviewer (fresh from having played the PC version and recording a video of it) says the game looks amazing. This is your smoking gun! Your conclusive proof!

Yes. Are you working for the team at this point? Because in that same link above, what was said was you people have a hard timer admitting the fact that you had to cut it down to the least common denominator. Should I quote that for you or can you click the link and read it?

quote:

The PC can run this game at 4k and at 60 FPS. The PS4 cannot.

So wait. Are you saying that since Ambient occlusion, tesselation on all object and water reflection, flexible water simulation, real time reflections, and more importantly, forward lit particles, is now corrected because that is all gone but you can run what is left in 4k???? How stupid do you think these people are????

Those features that were listed made this game loving glorious on PC. Now if you want to say they didn't want to piss of Sony or Microsoft with how far PC hardware has come to support everything I mentioned, and easily designed for, go nuts! At least your honest!

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Maybe you can get a refund for the game, Utnayan. Go see about that right now before its too late.

Maybe one day you will understand that there are people in this industry fighting for the consumer, but hamstrung. Without egos, who will make gaming better without the bullshit that happened with this title and the misleading marketing that happened with the PC version.

Let me note: This is BEYOND the developer and the good people (250) that work for the company so while some of you work there and post here relax, this is not about you.

But Christ, quit defending it because the same developers you think you are protecting are just as pissed about this as I am and as you are, but failing to acknowledge it.

Talk about the game. But also talk about how this was a gently caress up. And no, it was NOT the fault of the people that work there on this game and post here under handles. They are just as pissed as I am.

Enough said. The game rocks. But Acknowledge the bullshit when it comes to least common denomination development because if it effects this company as much as it has, kiss advancement goodbye and you can see low cost development for the rest of your lives,.

And those that work in the industry, your job goes bye bye, Because why will they pay your salary when they can sucker some college drag for 30k a year.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Norns posted:

Dude. You need a break from the internet.

Truth hurts I guess.

This line says it best. "The team would rather focus on the positive than admit to any faults"

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

I think most in the game industry need a break from their egos.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Kimmalah posted:

Really, won't someone ever think of the poor PC gamers? You can't look down on console babbies if they're all the same graphically. :qq:

Those poor PC gamers as they feed you with money yet cannot have a say in honest marketing of a product.

What heathens.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Karrahad posted:

gently caress poverty, global warming, war and famine. The real big issue is the lack of progress in PC vidyagaming.

I dunno man you tell me, because the only thing you have posted in lately in the last year has been about those video games.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=results&qid=1431759368&page=1

Actually, make that your entire posting history since you have been here in 3-4 years.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Kimmalah posted:

This may sicken you but I played Witcher 2 on console and PC, but didn't notice much difference other than the lack of meditation transitions and Xbox 360 Flotsam didn't have any stray dogs.

Witcher 2 on PC and 360 were very different.

Maybe this will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giXgNCh3z8

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
/\/\ You should definitely listen to him since he was so right about PC and Xbox versions of Witcher 2.

This is a poster defending graphic fidelity on PC.

Kimmalah posted:

This may sicken you but I played Witcher 2 on console and PC, but didn't notice much difference

In case anyone missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giXgNCh3z8

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Karrahad posted:

"There have been 168 posts made by Karrahad, an average of 0.10 posts per day, since registering on Nov 4, 2010."

Are you sure this is argument you want to make?

quote:

gently caress poverty, global warming, war and famine. The real big issue is the lack of progress in PC vidyagaming.

This is what you said yes?

When I checked your posting history, nothing was mentioned about those topics at all. every post was about those drat vidyagames.

Care to rephrase? Or should this be an argument I want to make other than someone talking out of their rear end trying to deflect the ethics of marketing when their posting history speaks a 180 degree opposite of what they just thought they stood for which you are obviously an expert in poverty, global warming, war, and famine, as we discuss unethical marketing in video games as you never have once posted about those topics in your history here, rather, all about those pesty vidyagames.

Maybe you cannot comment on the videos posted or some guy that came in here and could't tell the difference between the 360 version of Witcher 2 and the PC version.

This is how far the rabbit hole goes I guess when trying to protect a product before launch.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

And downgrade isn't even being used correctly in this context. Nothing's actually been downgraded.

Oh bullshit. Development on all the features I have listed were killed off. Oh wait, before you say that was 2013 when they decided on a new direction....

What happened as least common denominator development and those options were turned off to not have to worry about QA on those for the remainder of the game, which was already 3 and a half loving years in.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

megalodong posted:

I was joking about you being insane when i posted earlier but i think you actually are. Do you believe in gang stalking or maybe gang video game shilling?

Oh for sure not at all.

http://www.creativeguerrillamarketing.com/viral-marketing/7-viral-marketing-tools-you-might-not-know-about/

Uh oh.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Viral-Marketing-Exposed-Big-Buyout-Horizon-40885.html

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Karrahad posted:

Don't know about you, but my life doesn't revolve around my SA shitposting.

There's nothing to rephrase, you're so upset about videogames it's out of proportion.

I do not understand and you never answered.

quote:

This is you. Yet in your entire posting history here all you have ever posted about is video games. If you care so much about those issues, why have you never posted about them before?

Witcher 3 is still a good game. As anyone can see you have the usual suspects trying to deflect some pretty lovely decisions because if we dig back far enough they were probably doing the same thing with the BF3 release.

I support this developer. I believe they made a huge mistake. I also believe that there is a lot of BS that happens in this industry to make sure issues like this are deflected, especially here as it is a popular gaming site.

Great game. Buy it for your console. Do not worry about upgrading any hardware like these poor fucks did.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/04/14/the-witcher-3-at-4k-is-a-reminder-to-upgrade-your-video-cards/

Or whatever other shady marketing goes on between these dev houses and the hardware companies to create a false market where non eixsts. Note the date when CD knew full well no one would need that kind of hardware power for their game.

Love this part: "This is a nice reminder that PC gamers have a lot to look forward to with this game despite some recent drama about whether the game was compromised for the sake of the console releases."

But remember to upgrade for that 4k resolution which won't do jack poo poo on your display.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Ice Fist posted:

This was literally the exact same loving discussion just before Bloodbourne's release: a bunch of nervous hand wringing about downgrades and other bullshit that ended up not mattering.

The game is going to be goregous - CDR is literally the only developer on the planet I still trust to not gently caress me over (DON'T MAKE ME EAT THESE WORDS COMTE I SWEAR :argh:)

Oh I am sorry I guess I missed the part where From Software released Bloodborne on PC and had multiple misleading marketing in game trailers based on PC power?

Oh wait? You mean it never was released on PC? How is your apples to oranges argument.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Then there's no problem.

Yes there is. Two of them.

1) Misleading viral marketing leading PC gamers to think they need to upgrade their PC for full the full visual experience:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/07/find-out-if-you-need-to-upgrade-with-the-witcher-3-wild-hunts-pc-specifications/

2) Viral marketing happening here trying to deflect lies from the developer which, historically, has been very upfront and honest until now.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Neither of these things are true.

Pretty sure you can go back 8 pages and read them all.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Actually, SA busted Sony.

quote:

Gamers across Web 2.0 are shaking angry fists at the latest alleged viral marketing campaign orchestrated by Sony. Piggybacking the YouTube bonanza, the company has hired "consumer activation" firm Zipatoni to create a false video-and-blogging approach to generate interest in their flagging PlayStation Portable handheld machine. The video/blog/ads featured people portending to be authentic PSP fans creating messages of love/want for the console, but were quickly uncovered by SomethingAwful.com's dedicated base as superficial facades shielding mouthpieces for the corporation.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gamesblog/2006/dec/11/newsonyviral

But.... the plot does thicken.....

Remember, this doesn't exist.... So... We busted culprits before.... so who are the culprits now? And can we bust those within our own forums?

I think there is a rinse and repeat that may happen.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Utnayan posted:

Actually, SA busted Sony.

But.... the plot does thicken.....

Remember, this doesn't exist.... So... We busted culprits before.... so who are the culprits now? And can we bust those within our own forums?

I think there is a rinse and repeat that may happen.

I am sorry folks but we busted viral marketers trying to promote product before. I guarantee you it is happening here. In this very thread.

Loon? For sure. That's the first point of deflection, But I remember a time when our users were against viral marketing. But yet now, with proof it happens, why are we now all of a suddenly against it?

I am not even against promoting this title. I am against the PC marketing mishap that a few have tried to deflect. I think it is time we take back these forums.

The Angieslist of video games. No more viral crap goes on here. Hell, I'll give Rich 50k out of my own pocket. We will have one place whwre people can go and get the truth about the industry, games, and lock out scumbag amazon reviewers without verified purchases.

This thread showed me the same familiar usernames. The same familiar comebacks.

From TESO, SWTOR, from when I bashed Kinect originally, from calling out the BS in industry marketing.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

also you can respond to me in this thread instead of PMing me like some kind of lameass weirdo

For sure!

I think it is time I talk to Rich about this site becoming a true gamer site without the viral marketing.

Gamers are looking for a site where they can go and get unbiased truth without the shout downs, massive posts to displace real concern for readers..... The anti shill site.

And I think that this forum will be the best for it.

Revenue will triple. And no longer will Vanilla Gorilla, Poptart Fairy, or some of the other culprits be left to stay and disperse and dissuade.

I mean poo poo, it was a running tally that box revenue would increase at least 1k boxes with that Starfleet dental group from the MMORPG forum. I know of 3 marketing departments (EA, SOE, Funcom) where they actually paid for that poo poo.

The grass is greener on the other side. Probably time to make that happen.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

Yes I have no doubt in my mind that this is the thing Lowtax wants to concentrate on at this point in his life. Are you 12 or just retarded?

Well, you brought it up that we discuss this outside of PM's. I was just talking about how this site could generate more revenue.

I guarantee you with this base, we get rid of the shills, send the rest of "Starfleet Dental" packing, quit being an advertising site for publishers and shouting down huge mistakes where the consumer gets hosed.... I can only guess at this point that there are a lot of people sick of it, and would rather come here to hear the truth rather than anywhere else where they knew an outburst didn't happen. I mean, just a suggestion. But you wanted to bring it out here so I guess I will publically ask?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

answer my question first

Well I am not 12. I am not retarded. So I guess that makes me the internet messiah?

Your turn. Do you want the world to know SA is the bastion of what it fought to protect?

Or, do we continue to play this game of posters here who work for the companies they promote creating those great OP's of fantastic information about how to buy a glorious game.

Just curious of course.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

lmao you are really serious about this, holy poo poo

I think you may be right.

Utnayan let me start by saying that I give less than no fucks about gamers and gaming, and I PLAY games myself. It is beyond me how anyone could be this invested in any industry which does not directly contribute to their livelihood.

Well, I'll say this.

If effects me when I see people posting on the internet promoting or defending unethical business practices. Doesn't contribute to your livelihood or theirs?

How about a little kid with leukemia that just spent their 40 out of 100 on a video game they saw on TV that looked awesome but was nothing like what was advertised.

Ever dealt with that? How about we start there, and all the other fucks in this thread that workBy the way, for their organizations can start to chime in on defending it as they viral their two week launch window.

By the way, there is a great story behind this. And I think even the notorious viral marketers here can benefit from it. And find new jobs.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

Do you know what the phrase "straw man" means in debate terms?

I'll finish the story.

This kid went to SA because of this.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473379

A part of that funding went to that kid.

Straw man my rear end you gently caress. Want to hear the rest of the story?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
That kid took some of his money and bought a game called Alien Colonial marines.

Why?

Because I was sitting there watching that movie with him and he loved the thing. His favorite part was when they set up the automatic machine guns and they went off and he knew when the guns were going off by looking at the counter tick down.

Aliens obviously.

He spent the money he got from this very site to buy that game. It was a horrid broken mess as we all know. And he wanted to buy it and I insisted that I do it for him and he insisted no, he was going to buy it because there were great internet people that helped him and it he wanted to let them know he had fun and spent that 40 bucks wisely so I made him a steam account, he downloaded it, and I bought him a nice gaming laopop to play it on since he was in his bed.

The game crashed constantly. Completely bug ridden as I found out later, and then knowing later through my contacts that the company... gently caress it.

This kid looks up to me and says, "This game doesn't work that well......" I tried to fix the computer, over and over, I gave him 5 laptops, nothing changed it. He said, "The movie was better I think".... And All I could think of, was that gently caress, ********* covering his rear end while he was being sued by ******** for 3rd party, yes.... what a mother loving bastard.

But those ads were awesome. You looked at the screen on the TV and you can sucker those casuals into buying your product or those moms and dads without thinking twice.

9 weeks later, that kid died.

You can see from why I am so adamant about being ethical when it comes to these games? Honeslty, no internet poo poo, have you ever had to explain to a kid that had some funds to spend to help him out and make him smile, and loved a game that oh well, "Those publishers suck I guess, lets go call it a life!"

Yeah some may think I am nuts. How about owning up to your product and not being an unethical gently caress. Has that ever once entered some minds.

Witcher 3 will be fine. What got me was the usual defense of obvious bullshit deflection.

Let me clue you in developers. We don't owe you poo poo. We bought your product, and sometimes off false promises and unfinished product. The hell you loving say we are entitled for feeding YOUR family. Get off your loving high horses and realize that false advertising is bullshit, and all your viral garbage will not make a few decent people go away.

Doesn't matter to you. You made your cash.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
People wondered why I was so obsessed about calling out the bullshit in this industry over the course of my posting career.

Get better in this industry before it loving falls apart.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Utnayan+NFL

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Andrast posted:

It's always nice to have some genuinely mentally ill people in threads.

Kind of like the fact that anyone defends this game's outlandish lies when it comes to PC marketing.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

gnarlyhotep posted:

ahaha excellent, you've posted in E/N so I can probate you

Go nuts. In fact, Perma ban.

Making it so. I will not donate anymore time to a site which condones viral marketing false product on the dollar.,

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
For those that still come here expecting good reviews from solid gamers, go elsewhere. I guaranfuckingte you this is not it.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Free at last, free at last! Thank GOD ALMIGHTY - Free at last!

Hey Orv, don't forget to talk about how those MMORPG developers I ripped were unethical fucks and abused their consumer base knowingly.

Can we talk about the NVIDIA promotion yet and how CD couldn't say anything about the complete and utter feature cut of the PC version while NVIDIA mislead their customer base to buy high end video cards where the majority of features were cut from the game?

Or maybe the Youtube video that is now deleted because it showed the PS4/PC comparisons and all you get for your new shiny video card at $349-599 is higher resolution with more frames when most everyone uses V-sync to cap at 60 because otherwise they get screen tearing.

Thank God the administrators here at Something Awful are as tired of the shilliing as I am.

Vanilla Gorilla you have a PhD now? That's rich. In what? How to fool internet forum posters to buy lovely MMORPG's and shout down the people that tell the truth about the industry?

Drifter: You rock. (I mean that)

Carry on folks. Time for Billy Joel at 8pm central.

This will be a good game. Next time? Tell the loving truth about the downgrades and the obvious impact on graphic fidelity, and this won't happen.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
/\/\ That was a good one :)

Lil Bit O Vitriol posted:

The messiah returns :worship:

In the internet flesh!

And to all the other shitlord viral marketers, your days are numbered. Most here are intelligent enough to spot one, so I won't go into that here.

Long live SA, a forum where people will be able to come and get solid information about a game, talk about industry jackwagons trying to pull the wool over people's eyes, alert honest customers trying to get said information without our PhD shill resident Vanilla Gorilla saying otherwise when we all know different, and allowing folks to make decisions on platforms without spending money on Video cards which will not drive the features touted in game to begin with as they were cut and not made public. To all those who purchased higher end video cards to gear up making sure you had the ultimate experience, PM me. Because this poo poo is about to get real.

Long live Lowtax. The bastion of our day, and a hell of a guy who will stand up to Tyranny and injustice.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Willfrey posted:

After reading the last 8 pages I feel I have been illuminated. gently caress viral marketing, its time to riot in the streets my brothers

drat right: On my agenda:

1) Amazon reviews will be from verified purchases only.
2) Sites like IGN who make their money off publisher dollars for ads will no longer be able to review games based on said ad revenue.
3) Publishers will no longer be able to extort gaming sites with exclusive preview material, which those sites need to generate web hits, by making them promise they need good reviews for their game.
4) Publishers will come clean on any product changes 2 months before launch. Regardless of any "free game" promotions and will be heavily hit if those publishers do not follow through on features requiring said hardware. (Gee, lookie here, this game - to be honest this is more NVIDIA's fault as they forced CD to not say anything about the PC version downgrade)

To name a few at the top of my list.

With that said, it will be a great game. But next time, loving tell the truth to your customers. And days of the viral shoutdown artists here are over.

Everyone needs to get a say, everyone can freely express their opinion without being stifled or called a troll when calling out the truth of an anindustry that has needed the wooden spoon on it's rear end for years now.

Oh, and by the way, the next target? EA's new Star Wars game which is developed within 17 months and has 4 DLC packages already developed to sell you a game at $100 to get the full experience when it should have been launched like that all along.

Long live the gaming consumer! It's time for an rear end whoopin'!

I will now vacate the thread so the honest posters here can talk about their excitement to play a good game that is about to come out.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

I said come in! posted:

He sent me a PM. :cripes:

I did that because I said I wasn't going to post anymore in the thread. Now knock it off MS.

Here is his PM.

quote:

I hear ya buddy. But as long as it's a billion dollar industry full of bullshit half the time? It's not "Just video games"

It's loving fraud.

All done.

Enjoy the game folks. CD deserves credit for doing what they did. They just need to be honest next time. It's their only fuckup to date, and I have been told by their higher level management it won't happen again.

Although, it would have been pretty loving cool to see blood spatter on water floating around because that poo poo was loving amazing.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Salsa McManus posted:

What do I have to do to get some PM love?

You need to purchase premium so I can click the message button under your name. Make it so.

Here are some great screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/Xs0PA

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yeah, watching all the downgrade dudes getting hoisted on their own petard is pretty funny. Sorry you can't run the game on ultra/1440/hairworks enabled at a steady 60 with your single 970. Turns out that chasing the bleeding edge is a double-edged sword.

This patch did absolutely nothing to enhance the downgraded graphics in the PC version, so quit posting like it did. Uber (Super Sampling) is still disabled and cannot be activated in .ini either and the game is still looking exactly like the video shown a few posts above. And the art assets are all at the same texture size along with view distance being capped to the PS4 version. Nothing has changed, and if one reads the day one patch notes you will notice there is no mention of it made in there either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fUGFmmikn4

So my advice when coming to a purchase of this if you have not bought it yet, and you own a PS4, that seems to be the edition to get unless modding and (maybe) an eventual edition which takes it back to the next level of previous trailers may come out, PC.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

iGestalt posted:

Why are you posting in here again.

I'll be back to correct bullshit information being spread. Nothing has changed with the Day One patch graphically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

sw0cb posted:

Does anyone know if the xbone shares the 7pm EST unlock time with the PS4 and PC? Its showing May 19th on my console.

It also shows 12:01am UTC for when you can play on the Xbox One site.

quote:

XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 5/19/2015. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 UTC ON THE RELEASE DATE.

That's 7:01pm central time tonight.