Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Comte, the check you guys promised has not arrived yet so I'm going to take a few points off my review. I'll be deleting the replay editor that makes the game look better and only use screenshots at 360p on the lowest settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

CDRP lied about the graphics and is continuing to lie about not needing an Internet connection for the PC even though the manual says you need one the first time you run the game. However, every developer lies about their game, so if you complain about this game but not the others then you are a shill for the other developers.

Disclosure, the check I was talking about earlier has finally arrived. My review will now be a 10/10, I'll be using the review they wrote for me, and I'll be removing the "Skyrim was better" tagline with "Bethesda can learn a lot from CD Projekt Red".

Yaos fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 16, 2015

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Here's the in-game map. I have no idea what they could be hiding unless they are adding the area with a patch, which would mean blocking it off for anybody that doesn't patch.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Badly Jester posted:

I'd say it all depends on how crazy they went with time and dimensional travel. Maybe Geralt will go to the Wild Hunt's home dimension and find out what the hell he was doing there back in the day.

I didn't consider it might be like that. Skyrim had a large area hidden off the world map by making it a huge underground cavern.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

I paid 5 dollars for the Witcher 3 eguide and I feel dirty now.

You could have bought the hard cover collector's edition that comes with a book you'll never read for $24.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804162980?ie=UTF8&tag=randohouseinc7915-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0804162980

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Anybody know what's up with the PC version? People have gotten early copies, but people are saying you need to connect to GOG for the physical version to work. The webpage says the game does not require an Internet connection so I'm confused why it needs to connect to GOG.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Kimmalah posted:

Honestly the minimum settings look like some fairly recent games on max (unmodded Skyrim :argh: ).

I would not say 3 and a half years is recent.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

Kinda wish GOG had a preloading thing like Steam does, although I guess they couldn't do that without dropping their whole no-DRM deal.
Pre-loads can be done without DRM or encryption, you just leave important but small files out of the download.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Why isn't anybody angry about this? Shouldn't you be more angry over this rather than graphics your Intel HD 4000 can't render?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Why do I need an internet connection to download a game? What loving bullshit.

There's a physical release. If you buy it tomorrow you'll still need to connect to the Internet or the game won't work.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

zen death robot posted:

This would be a terrific question to post on CDPRs forums about since the physical release has nothing to do with GOG's digital download service and no one here seems to be buying that or knows anything about it. Just a thought.

E: oh nm one guy knew something still go complain to the right people

Thanks for the suggestion, they actually answered it. You don't need to use GOG to download the file for the physical release, you can download it from the website and do whatever you want with it, include giving it to your friend with an ISDN connection (no joke, I know a guy with an ISDN connection). Happy hunting monsters everybody. :)
http://play.thewitcher.com/

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Steam is decrypting the game. If it's not decrypting for you, restart Steam using the system tray icon.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I'm completely baffled on how Gwent is supposed to work. I played against the tutorial guy and we played all of our cards and I won because my total was higher, then the second round started and for some reason I was given an extra card so I placed that and I won because the other guy didn't have any cards.

I'm also having one heck a time keeping the enemy lock-on. The camera likes to wildly swing around even when I'm not touching the camera stick, and when the enemy goes off screen the lock-on turns off. Isn't that what the lock-on is for? What am I doing wrong?

Yaos fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

My biggest problem with the game was trying to attack something, only to have Geralt do these stupid gymnastics moves and completely miss everything, or hitting attack and having him wait a few years for the animation system to put him in the correct position to allow the attack. With the alternative movement system, hitting attack actually makes him attack rather than perform his latest circus act. If you hit somebody they actually react now instead of continuing on with their swing, same goes for you so you can't just spam attacks.