Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So, screenshots of Witcher 3 on lowest settings. I don't know what we are suppose to take away from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

From the footage i've seen so far from reviews, the game is really pretty looking. The people getting upset about this are retarded piss babies. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Seriously, this is the last forum I would expect to get upset over what is a very minor downgrade. Witcher 3's so called downgrade isn't even close to as bad as what happened to Watch_Dogs.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 16, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sorry that Witcher 3 isn't for you, Utnayan. Hope you can find another game that you'll enjoy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maybe you can get a refund for the game, Utnayan. Go see about that right now before its too late.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Maybe one day you will understand that there are people in this industry fighting for the consumer, but hamstrung. Without egos, who will make gaming better without the bullshit that happened with this title and the misleading marketing that happened with the PC version.

Let me note: This is BEYOND the developer and the good people (250) that work for the company so while some of you work there and post here relax, this is not about you.

But Christ, quit defending it because the same developers you think you are protecting are just as pissed about this as I am and as you are, but failing to acknowledge it.

Talk about the game. But also talk about how this was a gently caress up. And no, it was NOT the fault of the people that work there on this game and post here under handles. They are just as pissed as I am.

Enough said. The game rocks. But Acknowledge the bullshit when it comes to least common denomination development because if it effects this company as much as it has, kiss advancement goodbye and you can see low cost development for the rest of your lives,.

And those that work in the industry, your job goes bye bye, Because why will they pay your salary when they can sucker some college drag for 30k a year.

Maybe I was too subtle, but it was a polite way to say shut the gently caress up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is about ethics in video game graphics. #witcher3gate

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tony_Montana posted:

Man it seems that the only thing being talked about this game in the entire Internet is the downgrade, ad nauseum.

And downgrade isn't even being used correctly in this context. Nothing's actually been downgraded.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Oh bullshit. Development on all the features I have listed were killed off. Oh wait, before you say that was 2013 when they decided on a new direction....

What happened as least common denominator development and those options were turned off to not have to worry about QA on those for the remainder of the game, which was already 3 and a half loving years in.

Dude, seriously, go ask for a refund. I'm sorry this game has been such a gigantic disappointment for you, I get that you're really upset over it, but it's just a video game. You can usually get refunds for pre-orders. Just go do that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Witcher 3 is still a good game.

Then there's no problem.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

Literally laughing my loving rear end off

Talking to someone about that post, and we were laughing pretty hard at it. Best thing i've read in a while.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Yes there is. Two of them.

1) Misleading viral marketing leading PC gamers to think they need to upgrade their PC for full the full visual experience:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/01/07/find-out-if-you-need-to-upgrade-with-the-witcher-3-wild-hunts-pc-specifications/

2) Viral marketing happening here trying to deflect lies from the developer which, historically, has been very upfront and honest until now.

Neither of these things are true.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Pretty sure you can go back 8 pages and read them all.

Or nah

Utnayan posted:

Stairs. You fucks aren't protected anymore.

Is all anyone needs to read to be honest lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's Saturday, just have to make it to Monday night for PSN release and then can enjoy that sweet sweet graphics downgrade action and problematic women. :f5:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Utnayan posted:

drat right: On my agenda:

1) Amazon reviews will be from verified purchases only.
2) Sites like IGN who make their money off publisher dollars for ads will no longer be able to review games based on said ad revenue.
3) Publishers will no longer be able to extort gaming sites with exclusive preview material, which those sites need to generate web hits, by making them promise they need good reviews for their game.
4) Publishers will come clean on any product changes 2 months before launch. Regardless of any "free game" promotions and will be heavily hit if those publishers do not follow through on features requiring said hardware. (Gee, lookie here, this game - to be honest this is more NVIDIA's fault as they forced CD to not say anything about the PC version downgrade)

To name a few at the top of my list.

With that said, it will be a great game. But next time, loving tell the truth to your customers. And days of the viral shoutdown artists here are over.

Everyone needs to get a say, everyone can freely express their opinion without being stifled or called a troll when calling out the truth of an anindustry that has needed the wooden spoon on it's rear end for years now.

Oh, and by the way, the next target? EA's new Star Wars game which is developed within 17 months and has 4 DLC packages already developed to sell you a game at $100 to get the full experience when it should have been launched like that all along.

Long live the gaming consumer! It's time for an rear end whoopin'!

In all seriousness, none of this matters. It's your sole responsibility to be informed about your video game purchases. Gaming websites are under no obligation to follow some sort of ethical code, they are a business, that is just the reality of the situation. That's just how it is, and it's pointless to try to fix it, because again, it's just video games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He sent me a PM. :cripes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The PC version of Witcher 3 will just be like the PC version of Watch_Dogs, you'll be able to enable the special effects and other graphic features from the 2013 trailer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The trees in this screenshot: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127773964@N03/17564159859/in/album-72157652536729480/ look really bad. :|

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's 1 am and it just occurred to me that we are playing the Witcher 3 in like 14 hours.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Entitlement! Bootstraps! Welfare queens! Dude, I think it's more that people would like it of the lovely decisions console makers made didn't impact what they got on the PC.

But no, that's a good looking game

If you're buying Witcher 3 on PC, you'll most likely be able to enable the 2013 graphics with a .ini file. Yeah, the downgrade sucks but it's not because of consoles. It makes no sense to have these settings when hardly anyone on PC is going to be able to enable them. It requires all sorts of testing and quality control to enable what was shown in 2013 across the entire game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yaos posted:

Why isn't anybody angry about this? Shouldn't you be more angry over this rather than graphics your Intel HD 4000 can't render?

Why do I need an internet connection to download a game? What loving bullshit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

shrike82 posted:

Apparently the game's being torrented already.

Yep, doesn't matter though, can't play until the official release. GoG refuses to do DRM so the PC version will be very easy to pirate. This is why there are console versions, otherwise Witcher 3 would make no money.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lollerich posted:

I just played the first 10 minutes of this on PC and I already hate it. The graphics and animations are just completly awful. It feels like something that was ported from an xbox 360 in 2010. What the gently caress? And also, as an FYI I was running it on ultra settings. I just can't believe this. What in the goddamn gently caress?
All of it is poo poo, the animations, the FOV, the controls, graphics. I actually feel cheated.

Edit: O.K. maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but still this really isn't what a PC game should look like in 2015

shut up nerd

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:siren: ITS OUT ON PLAYSTATION 4 :siren:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've ended up having no issues with combat, but movement can be real awkward. Geralt often gets stuck in the geometry.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Limited inventory space is the only thing that sucks about this game. I hate single player RPGs that feel the need to do that, which I realize is all of them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

Especially when (if it's like Witcher 2) 90% of stuff you pick up is stupidly heavy stuff like timber or iron ore.

If nothing else, I liked how Dragon Age Inquisition handled inventory, your materials tab was unlimited, which worked out anyways for that game because the best items were crafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I kept hearing about Witcher 3's Hairworks feature in the PC version, wanted to see what that really was and what it looked like. Typically hair turns out pretty eh looking in video games, but this... :eyepop: This makes a very significant difference in detail of the character models in the game. The console versions (and most AMD users) are missing out on a pretty major graphics feature of Witcher 3. You can tell CDPR put some significant work into this.