Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Guys if you want to complain about how bad looking this awesome looking game is, there's a 5000 post thread about it here where you and like-minded spergs can circle jerk each other to your heart's content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

Utnayan posted:

Here is where a developer for the company explains why they had to develop for the least common denominator.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

For the record I could care less but had I known this before I would have bought the ps4 version. Instead this developer clearly states why they kept it in the dark which, honestly, who gives a gently caress. Just be honest.

I could care less *posts about it 5 times in 30 minutes*

Selane
May 19, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

They had 30 attack animations for Geralt and the 12 coolest ones were locked behind gold talent skills. You play through 80% of the game with 12-18 lame attack animations and many players didn't make it far enough or didn't spec into swords enough to see the good animations. Not a great design decision.

That game had some giant, convoluted-rear end talent system as I recall. Also a pretty goofy ui.

But hey, triple wielding swords! Also visible weapon oils.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Accordion Man posted:

You have to be on good terms with Djikstra so don't burn the Witch Hunter base to the ground and find his treasure for him. He'll then talk to you about it after you help Triss escape Novigrad with the mages. He'll talk to you about it no matter what but if you have a poo poo relationship with him the subplot will be cut short after the first mission he gives you dealing with it. (Which is what happened to me)

I did burn the place down and didn't find the treasure, and I still got the mission. From what I can tell though, the intro to the quest comes when you're helping Phillipa escape the bathhouse. If you break Djikstra's leg you just walk out and leave. Make sure you choose the 'let her talk' option and in a bit he tells you to meet him at the warehouse, which is where the plan is explained.

I'm not 100% sure what you need to do other than that to get the option to pop up, but I'm pretty sure choosing 'Forcefully push him aside' in the bathhouse instantly locks you out of it.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Mr Newsman posted:

Just picked up TW2 after playing through 3 and wanting to go back. It's not bad so far, but I do miss a lot about TW3. Triss' voice acting in 2 is TERRIBLE. God drat woman.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, look at this. In my opinion Phillipa's performance in Witcher 2 was one of the most enjoyable things about the game, but even she can't make a one on one dialogue with Triss non-cringeworthy.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Tupperwarez posted:

The Witcher 3 is one of the best detective games I've played.

It has glowing forensics bullshit like CSI.
It has regular hosed up crimes that combo into even more hosed up crimes like Law and Order: SVU.
Every other motherfucker is scheming and plotting like The Wire.
It has... something from Homicide, I don't know what, but I'm sure it does.

Shortly after this game came out I used to like watching people streaming it, and marveling at how many people walked straight into the bullshit fake red herring ending to the Carnal Sins questline because they were in such a hurry to stab someone.

I love this game. :allears:

Selane
May 19, 2006

Shadow of Mordor gets to be $60 because due to all the procedurally generated content it's one of the few games that doesn't get any less fun/entertaining after you've beaten it. That's why it's also one of the very few games I've gotten close to getting all the achievements/trophies for.

Now the Shadow of Mordor DLC, that was some of the worst poo poo I've ever seen.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Warning: spoilers for 2+3

The best thing about Witcher 2 is how so much of the game is people treating Letho like some dumb goon and him outsmarting the poo poo out of everyone regardless. He kills Demavend with everyone being powerless to stop him, kills Foltest with Geralt standing right there. Hell, look at the end of the game. Síle tells you how he was the one behind everything all along, and what happens 30 seconds after that? She dies because she got outsmarted too. Then if you talk to him after and you saved her, he tells you it would've been kinder to let her die because of what Nilfgaard will end up doing to her, and he's right because she ends up getting tortured to death in prison instead.

My only advice for anyone going into Witcher 2 is for the love of god, make sure you choose the Iorveth path. I feel bad for all the people that only played through it once and chose the Roche path, because they probably just think the game was pretty good instead of being amazing. Roche is literally the only good thing about the Roche path. Iorveth as a character is lame, but 90% of all the best characters and storylines are exclusive to the Iorveth path. Seriously, that game has some of my favorite scenes/writing of all time, and some characters that aren't that interesting in 3 were really awesome in 2.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Pyromancer posted:

Bombing everything isn't viable, but potions supplement any playstyle. Go full magic spam with some potions so you never run out of juice.

Maybe not everything, but most things. Keep in mind with Alchemy spec you have 9 of each bomb, so you can get pretty liberal with them, plus they end up really powerful by the time you get to the third tier of each, backed by alchemy talents.

I just went through HoS on my second playthrough, first time using alchemy spec and it owns. Pretty much every equal level group of human enemies is Northern Wind -> Hack to ice cubes. And Grapeshot can basically oneshot a pack of arachnomorphs, once you get the talent that causes your bombs to split into a shitload of smaller bombs. A lot easier than wasting time chasing them down.

I find bomb chucking with potion supplements when necessary to be a lot more fun than the lame-o "stack 300 decoctions and be immortal" playstyle.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Wow, you can zoom out on the map much farther now and zooming out no longer accidentally dumps you back to the world map 95% of the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I thought it'd be drab to leave Toussant to go back to Skellige

Congrats, your vineyard is now bugged forever(or at least until a patch).