Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do we know how CPU bound this game is? I have a 970, but an i7 920, which is the only thing I have that is under minimum specs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

Love this. Heaven forbid consumers know what product they are buying. We pay your bills and feed your family. Dolt.

Didn't you say you were going to get the game anyway? Nice job voting with your dollars, there.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

Yeah I am. I'm not arguing the game is going to loving rock. I'm arguing that I bought it on PC thinking I was going to get a better experience and that isn't happening and I should have been told that. How hard is this to understand for you?

But you are are still going to give them money, removing whatever incentive they have to listen to you, let you still want your opinion to matter. Customers matter because they can take their business somewhere else, and smart customers do leverage that, but you want it both ways because you can't stand being away from your precious video games.

To them, you and others like you are just crazy people shouting into the abyss.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

I pre-purchased the game on PC after asking multiple questions on which platform to buy it on. I was going to bring my PC into my home theater area and connect it. I asked about passing sound to my theater system, how to configure that with my Soundblaster Z, all for getting much higher end graphics than my PS4 through the effort. I would have bought the game regardless because I know it will be a good game and I support the developer for releasing 16 DLC packs for free as it should be, yet they are the only ones that have the guts to say it. What I am disapointed about is the fact that I could have saved myself the effort by not pre-purchasing on steam because the PS4 version is equal to the PC version on launch at 1080p (I really could care less about 60 FPS or 30), plugged the drat thing in to my 400 dollar console, and had the same experience without the effort on my part to use more expensive hardware when it is apparent, that now, it's no longer being taken advantage of because at the last minute we find out the entire loving game was developed for an Xbox One.

I still love the company. Acknowledge they hosed up, because if no one says anything, this is one of the last companies that actually gives a poo poo about their customers, to not make the same mistake next time.

It's ok to tell your favorite developer they hosed up. This is how they learn. And.... MAKE MORE MONEY.

This quote from the developer, means they need to learn this lesson:

Lesson? You look loving worse when you try to hide it and the truth comes out anyway. So loving tell people, let them make the appropriate platform purchase, and move on.

That's hard in this industry. Why? A bunch of egotistical assholes that have forgotten their lifeblood is our wallet.

Yet you won't exercise your consumer rights because 'I waaaaant it', instead count on others to boycot to prove your point?

You are so goddamn dumb. Not to mention so goddamn paranoid. Do you seriously think most of the thread is paid shills?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 16, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

With the way gamers are, especially here? Good developers (Like this one) are rewarded for honesty and transparency. The biggest thing missing in this industry when, believe it or not, more money will be made by being honest and humble with your customer base than lying thinking it is going to tarnish a rep. IN this case, the rep was tarnished. The game will still be good. Just give the customers a heads up next time and don't make the same mistake again.

My Advice for the 34 developers from CD reading this.

Yet you will still get the game anyway instead of punishing them with your wallet for what you see as a mistake. You REALLY don't have any integrity, do you?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just got the game through Green Man Gaming, before learning that it is not a steam key, keys aren't out yet, and I can't get a refund at this point.

At least I saved a little money.

EDIT: I misjudged my dates. I sent the refund request.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 17, 2015

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Actually, no, not worth it

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

shrike82 posted:

Yup, it'd have been simple for them to just say that they couldn't get the game to look as good as the 2013 "in-game" shots.
Instead, they've ended up looking like Ubisoft with Watchdogs.

Do you really think that everything will go away if they just said something? That a different a different set of people would not be complaining anyway about the graphix they could have got if not for the filthy consoles?

It was not a good situation either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Arcsquad12 posted:

I care.

No, I haven't played Thronebreaker.

same

I won't fault anyone for hating those tweets and getting Thronebreaker anyway; That is your own circle to square. Speaking for myself, I was going to buy it when I get home but I will be holding off for now.