Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

zh1 posted:

It was a good idea, but I found the execution completely nonsensical. They upped the difficulty and then weakened your individual weapons, necessitating a more aggressive style of play and then punishing it? So I have to get in the enemy's face to kill it, but it does a ton of damage to me if I get hit?

To be fair, the other Igavania games are mostly easy as hell. IMO OoE upped the ante when it came to enemy and boss design, but some of the levels were literally flat fields so I can't praise it unconditionally. I do prefer it to SotN, for instance, which is so easy I beat half the bosses by running at them and spamming attacks wildly. Way too many things in that game do gently caress all on a hit, even bosses. OoE is hard enough that you actually have to learn attack patterns and adapt your glyph setup to the challenge at hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

Tallgeese posted:

Until you get Nitesco.

Which makes me think of crackers every time I see it.

Which is also when the structure of the levels changes to a more conventional Igavania style, instead of linear 8/16 bit stages. This seems like a fairly deliberate shift. Shanoa has to earn the right to be an Igavania protagonist. :v:

• Locked thread