Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Might want to record at a higher Res, so you can avoid YT's <720p poo poo compression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

C-Euro posted:

Yeah my biggest gripe with Dawn is that you need so many souls if you want everything in the game (since all the worthwhile weapons requires souls to craft), but the drops rates are somehow worse than your normal Castlevania game.

It's because Luck in that game does not work.
Because of this:

gamefaqs posted:

For those among you who are a fan of hard numbers, here is the equation that determines your drop rate with the Luck stat factored in:

{100[(Drop Rate in Decimal Form)*12]} / [4096 -(LCK/2)]

So assuming a Luck stat of 36 (around what Luck is at level 60 or so), we can easily use this equation to see how our Luck affects the soul drop rate of the Zombie, which is 10% normally:

{100[(.1)*12]} / [4096 - (36/2)]

This yields an answer of 0.0294, or 2.94%. This takes that drop rate of 10% and turns it into a drop rate of 12.94%. Not bad.

Now just for sake of argument, let's place a maximum Luck stat (99) into the equation:

{100[(.1)*12]} / [4096 - (99/2)]

This yields a result of 0.0297, or 2.97%. All that work you're putting into that extra Luck doesn't seem so great now, does it? My guess is that either Konami isn't telling us something or that that 4096 value is far too high. Regardless, it's the best we have.

By the way, the Soul Eater Ring takes the final result and doubles it.

For the curious bunch among you who remember the original soul drop rates being double what they should have been and wonder whether or not items are also affected, item drop rates ARE correct. I've tested this by killing 1,000 Zombies with no Luck-boosters equipped, so I'm assuming that DJ's numbers aren't off with the listed item drops.

• Locked thread