Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This would a be a great metroidvania if the bosses were the slightest bit interesting. Also there's gross overuse of water-themed areas and platforming but that's later - most of it is pretty drat enjoyable.
edit: As for the LP, I only really have one complaint - it is customary to strike a silly pose whenever you pick up one of those health orbs.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, cool, I didn't know you could get the manticore soul from this one. Saves you a bit of farming later on.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Ooh, that looks amazing.

Anyway, if it isn't too much of an issue, maybe you could try pacing your updates a bit more? Six minutes is awfully short when there doesn't seem to be any climactic moment or anything - you could have easily drawn that out until a next setpiece, area or cutscene thing. It's not bad - you're entertaining, technically your LP is very sound, but the extreme fragmentation does hurt the experience a bit. Just my opinion, though. Oh, and you got the wrong final boss planned.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
This starts showing where the game is really lazy. Throwing the golem boss fight right after the armor bossfight doesn't really help since you're not only fighting the same thing again but you're doing it right away.
They had really good ideas for the soul system but the castle itself is one of the worse ones in the series.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well, if you think the Tsuchinoko soul is hard to get, wait until you try hunting the elusive Sky Fish.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe you played Dawn? The only soul in this one that does anything with numbers is Headhunter.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
To rafters, you go from roof. Break in with tiny ninja saws. This counteract squeaky floor. If they have squeaky roof, you poison their sushi. Hai.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 5, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I love OoE, it's probably my favorite Castlevania. Having to actually think about how you approach a room was a nice change from the standard blazing-through-oneshotting-everything CV gameplay.

And don't tell me slamming an elevator into Giant Enemy Crab wasn't satisfying as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's not like this is a difficult game either way.

• Locked thread