Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Five Guys burgers are good. They're all made fresh from good ingredients. There's nothing wrong with them at all, people who post on this forum just like to make a visible public show of disliking things that are popular so they can pretend they're smarter or better than other people.

five guys burgers are good but their fries are crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I'm gonna get a burg from here today. and a banana pudding it's off the chain

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

drat, dude, talk about being dealt a raw hand. I'm two blocks from a Chipotle and three blocks from Five Guys.

there's literally like 5 or 6 subways here what the gently caress

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
1. Walmart
2. student union
3. student union
4. west side of town strip mall
5. east side of town strip mall

????????

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Shaggar posted:

five guys burgers are good but their fries are crap

agreed.

PuTTY riot posted:

there's literally like 5 or 6 subways here what the gently caress

Subway will sell a franchise to anyone with the money. Other restaurants that work on the franchise model have standards.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

thread not about computers, chipotle not about mexican food

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

thread not about computers, chipotle not about mexican food

burritos help power your mind-computer

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

PuTTY riot posted:

I bet u get mild salsa u fucker

I prefer a medium salsa, as a salsa is often made extra hot to mask subpar ingredients and flavors.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PuTTY riot posted:

I bet u get mild salsa u fucker

i get all three salsas because pico owns and corn owns too but i also want some salsa on my burrito

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PuTTY riot posted:

how does chipotle get they sour cream all runny? I've never seen that anywhere else

that will happen if it's room temperature

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

computer parts posted:

that will happen if it's room temperature

i don't think daisy does that if u leave it out. maybe it's hotter than room temp

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

burritos help power your mind-computer

burritos are entry level what you really want is tacos, better macro balance because not 2000 calories of carbs

big flour tortillas are filler and chipotle's rice is garbage because it's not spanish rice

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i miss getting drunk and having pledges run to rochester and bring back garbage plates

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

#justupstatenyfratguythings

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Citizen Tayne posted:

Five Guys burgers are good. They're all made fresh from good ingredients. There's nothing wrong with them at all, people who post on this forum just like to make a visible public show of disliking things that are popular so they can pretend they're smarter or better than other people.

theyre entirely unremarkable and in no way worth the hype. fat and crypto-fat people love to talk about the fresh prep and good ingredients but the fact is it tastes better to them because a plain 5 guys cheeseburger has 20% more calories and 30% more fat than a double quarter pounder with cheese

its a high abv craft brew, but with fat

anyway if you dont have a local joint like this:

PuTTY riot posted:

your doing it wrong, and lol if you think that having Opinions about fast food someone pretend to be smarter or better

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

PuTTY riot posted:

you can tell that burg will be good just from that picture

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
uh oh food Opinions

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

PuTTY riot posted:

how does chipotle get they sour cream all runny? I've never seen that anywhere else

oh i know this, my wife used to work at a daisy sour cream factory, which makes all of the chipotle sour cream.

so they take their regular sour cream, and then fold it a few times so it becomes runny.

you can do it at home!

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
five guys really isn't that good. It's rich but bland, the toppings are okay, but the burger isn't more than the sum of its parts. The fries are big, but they're mediocre and big, and you're going to a burger place to eat a burger, not the fries.

There are about 800 better burger places than five guys.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Wild EEPROM posted:

five guys really isn't that good. It's rich but bland, the toppings are okay, but the burger isn't more than the sum of its parts. The fries are big, but they're mediocre and big, and you're going to a burger place to eat a burger, not the fries.

There are about 800 better burger places than five guys.

its p good for a fast food burg tho. i go back and forth between them and in n out as far as fast food burg preference

i mean yea a real burger place is gonna be better, but for a fast food approximation its pretty high quality

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Even for a fast food burger place, there are so many better places.

- in-n-out
- red robin
- fatburger
- veras burgershack
- splitz grill
- save-on-meats

etc.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
red robin is the only one of those ive been to, and i was kind of unimpressed :shobon:

they had a lot of selection but it really didnt seem like anything special. plus the portion size was real small

Apr 7, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

theyre entirely unremarkable and in no way worth the hype. fat and crypto-fat people love to talk about the fresh prep and good ingredients but the fact is it tastes better to them because a plain 5 guys cheeseburger has 20% more calories and 30% more fat than a double quarter pounder with cheese

its a high abv craft brew, but with fat

anyway if you dont have a local joint like this:

your doing it wrong, and lol if you think that having Opinions about fast food someone pretend to be smarter or better

yep, here he is. I found him. it's that guy.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Shake shack

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
five guys is good

i was in SF and had a in-n-out burger and i couldnt believe that is what everybody was raving about, i'll take a steak n shake or a cookout or a char grill burger over that poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

gargle chome posted:

five guys is good

i was in SF and had a in-n-out burger and i couldnt believe that is what everybody was raving about, i'll take a steak n shake or a cookout or a char grill burger over that poo poo

Steak and Shake is a good honest burger at a good honest price.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Citizen Tayne posted:

which means that if there's a 2 hour line don't bother,

we have duper duper in sf which is pretty much shake shack, I wouldn't mind fatburger here though I had one in vegas last week and it owned

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

five guys is fine for a fast food burger, the problem is you're eating a greasy, overlooked fast food burger so you have to set your expectations accordingly.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
fat, and crypto-fat.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
anyway, paging OP for an update on the thread title. can't wait for that delish' chipotle-style breakfast burrito...!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

i wish to engage with this brand, by putting the food into my mouth

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

fat, and crypto-fat.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

PleasingFungus posted:

fat, and crypto-fat.

fat of body and fat of mind

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im fat on the inside

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qirex posted:

not 2000 calories of carbs

What the loving gently caress!?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

qirex posted:

which means that if there's a 2 hour line don't bother,

we have duper duper in sf which is pretty much shake shack, I wouldn't mind fatburger here though I had one in vegas last week and it owned

when has there ever been a 2 hour line for steak n shake lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
steak n shake is super lovely why would anyone wait for it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Squeezy Farm posted:

when has there ever been a 2 hour line for steak n shake lol

oh I thought he was talking about shake shack

BRANDING IS HARD

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006