Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Jackson Taus posted:

I hate paid canvassers. You'd think that the canvassers you're paying would be the ones who do the best job and who are the most efficient. That would be false. They'll talk about how they've done this all before, but then despite training they don't understand things like "yes, you need to fill in the data sheets I just handed you" or "leave the lit at every door on your list even if they're not home" after I tell them. I had one who had a 51 door packet and who knocked 43 doors of it in 5 hours - (a) gently caress you for doing 43/51 doors, which made a staffer have to drive back out to the turf to finish it, and (b) this is the suburbs, you ought to be knocking more than 40-something doors in 5 hours. And another who knocked 30-something doors in like 6+ hours. When confronted about this, he said something to the effect of "well you only gave me a small packet and I wanted to work more hours so I took my time" and it's just like WTF WHY WOULDN'T YOU ASK FOR A BIGGER PACKET OR JUST COME BACK AND GRAB ANOTHER ONE?!?

Paid canvassers are being paid to do a job that is temporary with no likely promotion opportunities. They don't get paid more for working their asses off. They will do the absolute bare minimum unless you tell them they need to do more or won't get paid.

We used to pay per packet rather than per hour, so if you worked your rear end off you'd make more money. But that requires serious QC to ensure they actually knocked the doors, since it provides incentive to fleece you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread