Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I'm going to be helping a candidate's team out with some video editing. Any tips on how to make videos interesting and get people to watch more than a few seconds while they scroll through their facebook feed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

keep it as short as possible (15 if you can, 30 otherwise), have solid visuals (many will see it without audio playing), get straight to the point. Basically most people are going to not watch more than a few seconds regardless but those will help you drive your points to the most people possible. If you're putting paid $ behind it try other mediums besides facebook, pre-roll on youtube or other sites is way way better. If its all organic, facebook is the best you can do probably but completion rates will run below 20% most likely.

Thanks.

Campaign spending is capped at $12k, so won't be any $ behind it.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
So after my campaign finishes later this year I've been recommended for a job over in the US as part of a development program.

Problem, I don't have a degree.

I assume this would be a problem when getting a visa. Or can a sponsor get around thatnt

I don't normally advertise that I dont have one. Ive got experience and everyone just assumes.

Has anyone had an international work on their campaign, how did the visa work for them?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Jeoh posted:

From the US DoS:

"U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, 8 CFR 214.2(h)(4)(iii)(D), describes the kind and amount of experience which can be used to establish the equivalency of a university degree. As a guide, three years of professional experience may generally be used as a substitute for each year of university-level education. This means you would need to show 12 years experience in the field you are applying to work in. "

That's for an E-3 visa, though. YMMV, tell your employer.

Thanks. Thought that would be the visa. But ill check.

• Locked thread