Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

5. Lawn signs are a tried and true method of getting people elected. Why don't more campaigns use lawn signs?
[sobs internally]

I ran for a super-local position last year and barely bothered with any yard signs at all, and I super-regret doing that. I did a bit of a post-mortem with a friend after the election was over, and he revealed that he'd voted for a super-lovely candidate for the local school board just because he recognized her name on the ballot from all the signs he'd seen on the side of the road.

I might end up running for another local position next year, and I'm definitely going to do more to just plaster my name where I can. Yard signs are definitely part of that, and they do help out if your name isn't a well-known one otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Haha, I briefly was working for the state party's coordinated campaign last year. In a Panera Bread. Using my own cellphone and laptop. Because the central office hadn't actually secured a place for our county yet, or gotten any equipment for us. We were still expected to make the same daily quotas goals that every other team had, though!

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Yeah, but for entire 10-hour shifts? Do you know what it was like to try to get anyone to seriously engage over the phone with the sound of the dinnertime rush going on in the background?

• Locked thread