Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I've been shanghaied into a debate watching party. In January NBC is doing a Democratic Debate and I'm supposed to put together the tech for a big debate party.
Anyone know how I can stream the debate and be assured that it'll work, I heard the CNBC one wasn't available for streaming online, anyone know how I'd plan for this kind of thing in advance?

I know that both the individual candidate campaigns as well as the DNC itself have been known to help organize this sort of thing. If you aren't already connected to them, I'd suggest getting in touch with the local democratic party office and/or the Clinton/Sanders campaign offices. Not only should they have some resources and ideas for you, but they might be interested in sending along some clipboard volunteers to try and raise support from those who attend.

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/content/toolkit
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/signup/host-a-debate-watch-party/

Kaal fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

County and State parties haven't been too helpful, but I don't know if it's a problem on their side or at our committee's level.

The big thing I want to avoid is having a big party and no way to watch the debate.

Hmmm... well if nothing else then just give your local NBC affiliate a call and figure out what needs to happen. I would think that the best option would be to simply have a cable network license, but I'm sure that NBC will also provide an option for online streaming. CNBC actually provided an option for that, as did CNN previously, but CNBC made it premium subscription only. At the very least, you'll be able to give someone money and you will be able to watch it.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

Spacebump posted:

It must have been much harder to do elections before VAN. Did campaigns just buy lists on paper instead?

It's my understanding that there was more of a reliance on local knowledge, and campaigns would target neighborhoods rather than specific houses.

• Locked thread