Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna see Mad Max soon and I'm very excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
this isn't the micro$oft thread

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Dying to see this flick, the trailers make it look better than Age of Ultron's cool trailer

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sad they didn't play Verdi's Requiem much in the film, you can kind of hear it being played in the Bullet Farm's guys truck but not really.

The soundtrack loving rules though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saw it today and I already feel like seeing it again.

Good movie.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Beef Waifu posted:

I have seen none of the Mad Max series except for Fist of the North Star.

What the gently caress dude

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Missed my chance to see it opening night with friends since I had to drive out of town. Might just catch a matinee tomorrow since it looks so good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Not interested because it doesn't have Mel Gibson.
Gibson gave Hardy and the film his blessing, hope this helps.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Witness!!!! *jumps in this poo poo rear end thread with two explosive spears and blows myself to smithereens*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

no. 1 source for gamergate news

Mediocre!!!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Nux is pretty moe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Greetings, Mad Max thread. I bring you a much better thread title:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kojima is my hero.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
I would like this anime better if it was subtitled rather than dubbed, I found the dub audio garbled and hard to understand over the rest of the movie's constant rumble.

The notable anime Snatch benefits greatly from the same thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDO-9hfaiI

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was disappointed. Kenshiro doesn't punch a single guy so hard he explodes, he just drives a car around and shoots people.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The greatest anime

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i'm going to go see this movie in a few hours ill let you all know how it goes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol wtf :mediocre:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
K-On! = :mediocre:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Haha holy poo poo that's great

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
plutonis is a :mediocre: poster

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

there was no actual (fury)road because the desert washed over and buried all of civilization

10/10

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
This was only one hour and fourty minutes of car chases instead of two hours like I was promised.

0/10

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

GorfZaplen posted:

I propose a Mad Max simulwatch.

I second that motion... with a vengeance!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
More from Kojima's Twitter:

Hideo Kojima posted:

Saw MADMAX:FURY ROAD on IMAX. I'll go see everyday when its out. Cheers to MAXs not to run away but fight for future. What a lovely day.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/600662498254008320

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm 15 minutes in to the first movie and I have no idea what this is supposed to be

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm 15 minutes in to the first movie and I have no idea what this is supposed to be

not very good

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

:mediocre:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm now an hour and a quarter into the first movie and I'm still not sure if I like this or not, it's probably gonna be not.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

If we thought you literally meant you were going to watch Mad Max we would have told you not to. Road Warrior, Fury Road, those are the two, and frankly FR is above and beyond the others.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't seem to get the part where I'm perfectly fine with even watching bad movies in a movie franchise. You can bet when I get around to watching Terminator I am going to watch T3 and Salvation.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just want to make sure Mad Max doesn't turn you off FR, the best anime.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Beef Waifu posted:

You don't seem to get the part where I'm perfectly fine with even watching bad movies in a movie franchise. You can bet when I get around to watching Terminator I am going to watch T3 and Salvation.

I know you're committed but please do not watch Salvation.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal will never learn to become the night rider at this rate

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dangerous Person posted:

I have the feeling Genisys is going to make Salvation look like a timeless classic. :v:
I hope Genisys is entertainingly awful, not the amazingly boring and dumb awful it looks like right now.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
All four Mad Max movies are dope but the first one is really, really weird held up to the other three, and honestly barely resembles them. Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome are where the popular idea of the franchise comes from, and Fury Road builds way more off those two than the first one.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dangerous Person posted:

Salvation was still better than 3

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mad Max 1 is cool but isn't an apocalypse movie, it's a cool ultra low budget road revenge movie.

It had the highest budget to gross ratio in film for lsike 20 years, until Blair witch came out.

Goose and the police chief are cool characters.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Shinjobi posted:

Terminator 3 has Arnold beat up a male stripper for his outfit which makes it better than Salvation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Shinjobi posted:

To be worse than 3, it would require the screen to open up and squirt sulphuric acid into your eyes. I mean, its not Matrix 3 bad but its about as close as you can get.

Dangerous Person posted:

Terminator 3 has Arnold beat up a male stripper for his outfit which makes it better than Salvation.

As funny as this was, it in no way redeems 3. Its such a bad film.

• Locked thread