Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think that turned in to Fury Road, though I'm guessing it'll be back on if this does well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mad Max is Tetsuo Hara's favourite film and I hope George Miller does a live action Fist of the Northstar movie.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sad they didn't play Verdi's Requiem much in the film, you can kind of hear it being played in the Bullet Farm's guys truck but not really.

The soundtrack loving rules though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kojima is my hero.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first Mad Max film is cool but it's very much a product of its time and owes more to US road movies like Vanishing Point given a coat of Aussie 'everything poo poo mate'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just accidentally watched original Mad Max with the American dubbing because I didn't think to change it. :cripes:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Listening to the Mad Max 2 commentary now, George Miller has a very relaxing voice and they're try to remember if they made Mel Gibson eat actual dog food or not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They decided it was 'probably spaghetti and meatballs' while he shovels something that looks 100% like dog food in his mouth.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The_Frag_Man posted:

Now I wanna watch 2 and 3 again. Probably not the first one though since the war didn't happen yet.

Thunderdome is way worse than the first film and kinda a bad film in general.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

After saying that I just started Thunderdome. At least the soundtrack is good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Turns out its actually worse than I remember, kids ruin everything.

Also it always weirds me out that the guy who plays the gyrocopter dude in 2 is in it again playing a different character.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 29, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Professor Irony posted:

Apparently Kawajiri is making a new thing. Would seriously not be surprised if it turned out to be some kind of Max Max project.

drat, I hadn't thought of that. His last movie was based on a western property too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, the boobs aren't nearly big enough for Oda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's like Ash from The Evil Dead, same guy but sometimes what happened in the last movie isn't what happened in the intro to the next.

• Locked thread