Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Holy gently caress...

Zeruiah OE info. I legitimately might try to pull for a second one just to get the +20% EXP Leader Skill SP option.

Also, BP Milestones go up to 50k now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Nyu for 1d4 points of damage

Poala Bear posted:

Holy gently caress...

Zeruiah OE info. I legitimately might try to pull for a second one just to get the +20% EXP Leader Skill SP option.

Also, BP Milestones go up to 50k now.

Let me tell you how dumb I feel for choosing Zelnite's 100 SP exp option now. :/

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

sethimothy posted:

Let me tell you how dumb I feel for choosing Zelnite's 100 SP exp option now. :/

The problem with Zelnite and Zeruiah is the SP option for LS exp is specifically to benefit your friend list while limiting the unit for your own uses (Zelnite for arena/raids/trials, Zeruiah for FH/FG/raids). One option is to keep Zelnite with the 100 SP option while you customize Zeruiah to your own benefit (for FH/raids).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Zeruiah is probably the only 7* unit that never left 'main team' status in the past year and it looks like she's going right back to the top when I OE her shortly. :parrot:

So many good choices for her SP options too. Goddamn I don't know what to take it's all so good.

Defensive setup like:
BB/UBB gauge fill - 30
Light/Dark on SBB - 30
Hp boost - 40 (giving 20% hp on BB and 40% on UBB)

Or maybe more offensively laid out:
BB/UBB gauge fill - 30
Ele dmg boost - 20 (Not sure how many units have 100% ele damage boost now and wouldn't overlap like Ciara)
20% stats - 20
OD Boost - 30

The BB/UBB gauge fill to max seems like a must-have because holy poo poo does it make her disgustingly good since it ensures you can pretty much always use your BB/SBB while negating the SBB's high cost drawback. The LS boost is a trap unless you have multiple Zeruiahs though. She's too useful in other ways to make her a slightly better XP farming lead if you only have one TBH. Im slightly wary of going defensive because if they do an OE for Allanon he's all but certain to get a +hp SP option too. Though I can't imagine he'll get any auto-fill without it costing most/all his SP.

e: Why didn't I stockpile crystals for XP during the last super honor summons. :emo:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 14, 2016

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I'm taking the stat buffs, increase EWD buff, and fill bb/ubb to max on her, but don't know what to use that last 30 SP on. The extra mitigation from light/dark is good, but so is 8% OD gauge fill.
:kiddo:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

burntpork posted:

I'm taking the stat buffs, increase EWD buff, and fill bb/ubb to max on her, but don't know what to use that last 30 SP on. The extra mitigation from light/dark is good, but so is 8% OD gauge fill.
:kiddo:

For general use I'd say the light/dark, for GCC/Trial hard fight stuff the OD fill is probably better because of faster UBBs. I was able to max level Zeruiah after burning about 1100 raid medals in the slot machine and bought the BB/UBB auto-fill. I'm leaning towards light/dark and then probably OD fill and hp/def instead of EWD and 20% stats since the former is useful for annoying hard content and the latter is useful for content where the buffs honestly aren't going to matter because you'll already be murdering whatever you fight.

OTOH, at some point someone's going to post a setup of a good team that runs a 4 turn* Zeriuah UBB with 100% up time. You figure Zeruiah herself can add 8% every turn via her SSB with that SP option, so that's 24% on the 3 turns she'll be SBBing while the UBB is active. I'm not sure there's enough units with OD fill effects to make a viable team for this just yet though. Having two Zeruiahs would have you halfway there before counting the combat and end of turn sources. I might dig through my units to see if I can make something work because being able to pull it off would be incredible and anything that doesn't dispel effects or do fixed damage that bypasses mitigation would be trivialized by a permanent 75% UBB mitigation (plus 50% regular) and other buffs.

* you'd have to drop BB/SBB autofill, or have two Zeruiahs, since auto-fill+OD fill+4 turn UBB is 110 points.

e: I think Arus and Zephyr are the only other fillers I have currently (both are 7* max) and would boost 6-8% from Zephyr and 10% from Arus. If Arus wasn't only 4* I'd see if I can make it work with Atro (OD fill rate boost) and some mitigator (Krantz?) on my 3 turn UBB. I left Galtier out because getting 58 BC every round for his SSB's 10% fill seems unlikely, but it's probably still better than using Zephyr due to Galtier being good and Zephyr being Zephyr (though his LS boosts OD fill rate).

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 14, 2016

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

For general use I'd say the light/dark, for GCC/Trial hard fight stuff the OD fill is probably better because of faster UBBs. I was able to max level Zeruiah after burning about 1100 raid medals in the slot machine and bought the BB/UBB auto-fill. I'm leaning towards light/dark and then probably OD fill and hp/def instead of EWD and 20% stats since the former is useful for annoying hard content and the latter is useful for content where the buffs honestly aren't going to matter because you'll already be murdering whatever you fight.

OTOH, at some point someone's going to post a setup of a good team that runs a 4 turn* Zeriuah UBB with 100% up time. You figure Zeruiah herself can add 8% every turn via her SSB with that SP option, so that's 24% on the 3 turns she'll be SBBing while the UBB is active. I'm not sure there's enough units with OD fill effects to make a viable team for this just yet though. Having two Zeruiahs would have you halfway there before counting the combat and end of turn sources. I might dig through my units to see if I can make something work because being able to pull it off would be incredible and anything that doesn't dispel effects or do fixed damage that bypasses mitigation would be trivialized by a permanent 75% UBB mitigation (plus 50% regular) and other buffs.

* you'd have to drop BB/SBB autofill, or have two Zeruiahs, since auto-fill+OD fill+4 turn UBB is 110 points.

e: I think Arus and Zephyr are the only other fillers I have currently (both are 7* max) and would boost boosts OD fill rate).
I can probably do this team..
Fina (lead)-8%, Galtier-10%, Fizz-10%, Zeruiah-8% = 36% OD gauge fill.

On top of that, Fina adds 25% OD fill rate on her leader skill and Fizz's SBB adds another 20%.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
There was a setup using double Benimaru leads for infinite UBB.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

That might be my next goal. Shame I've never pulled a Fizz, let alone Fina. I think Galtier's my only OE other than Zeruiah that gives OD fill. Maybe Tazer's OE will get it.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Frontier Hunter 33 is up. Hoping this will be the time I can put together a team that can Auto Frontier past 3M points on Auto Frontier. Also they reopened both Christmas sphere dungeons, but it looks like I actually have them so don't have to worry about that.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

sethimothy posted:

Frontier Hunter 33 is up. Hoping this will be the time I can put together a team that can Auto Frontier past 3M points on Auto Frontier. Also they reopened both Christmas sphere dungeons, but it looks like I actually have them so don't have to worry about that.

You'd still want to run them because the materials from both dungeons will be used in a new holiday sphere to be released on the 21st. Thanks Gumi....

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Poala Bear posted:

You'd still want to run them because the materials from both dungeons will be used in a new holiday sphere to be released on the 21st. Thanks Gumi....

Do we even know what the new spheres are or what they require?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Nope! Thanks a bunch Gumi!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I hope horrible things happen to the person who designed Will's GQ because anyone who hates fun that much deserves to experience at least a fraction of the misery they're inflicting on people who try to run that gauntlet of stupid bullshit. It's the most boring RNG of RNG garbage imaginable.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 17, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The only saving grace is you can kill the app and restart a fight in GQs rather than having to rerun the GQ in its entirety from the start.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It just wouldn't be a BF Christmas without a new lovely dungeon you have to farm. With a grimdark story where all the elves have been murdered apart from the robot one with the big bap who is apparently going to be a new GE unit.

oh and also you have to farm all three stages because they all drop unique poo poo

thanks gumi

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I wonder how many people would've quit long ago if they hadn't added the auto battle/repeat functions to this game.

e: Golden Heart looks oddly worthless as a limit 1 sphere, though it probably exists solely to be an ES sphere for the event unit. Winter Memoria seems alright.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 22, 2016

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Did they finally announce the new sphere they're releasing, then?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

They're craftable in the town right now.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
They're nice filler spheres, but they're not offensive or defensive enough for hard content.

The new LE Xmas unit looks good. Tri-buffs for party & self, bc on hit & spark, spark dmg, and a high damaging sbb. Hopefully, 6 pulls will be enough to get her.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 23, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So you only get toy soldiers from the last level, sometimes, which can be annoying to autobattle even with a solid OE team, and you need 80 of them for one of the spheres, and 10 rare badge drops to make an OE evo item? Plus the 100 or so gift bags (from the 2nd stage?) for the other sphere? Thanks Gumi. :geno:

And bringing fire units (or fire damage in general?) is apparently a thing you want to avoid.

burntpork posted:

They're nice filler spheres, but they're not offensive or defensive enough for hard content.

The new LE Xmas unit looks good. Tri-buffs for party & self, bc on hit & spark, spark dmg, and a high damaging sbb. Hopefully, 6 pulls will be enough to get her.

Tempted to go for her as well but between Rozalia and the numerous stat boosters I have (including Azurai) I'm not sure she's worth the chase.

The aoe+self buffing on her BB and SBB, in addition to the AOE+ST SBB attack seems like it'd be useful for when doing target focus on raid bosses but there's a ton of dedicated ST spamming units. Including existing ones that get OE forms in the future like Arus. The BB on spark really completes the package (and she can self-spark with the AOE+ST I think?) and makes her especially tempting.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

Yooo! f2p gems! Only took me 5 summons. Now I don't regret not summoning for Lasswell.

My only omni spark buffer has been Ensa-Taya, so this new unit is highly welcomed in my team comps.

burntpork fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 23, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to go for it and got a Silvie(a) on pull #12.:toot:

Ended up with mostly new units in the process too. I didn't know they added a gate for 7* units but it was a bit of a shock the first time I saw a rainbow door break and turn in to something else. Pulls were:

Malbelle - new
Lafiel - new
Shura - new
Adel - new
Hisui - new
Rinon - new
Kalon - new
Kafka - dupe
Astall - new
Lauda - dupe
Pamela - new
Silvie - new

...no idea what I'd use some of these for (Pamela could go in a UBB spam party I guess). Lafiel is a bb-on-spark mitigator that I know was very popular when first added and a couple look like decent spark units, though not worth using over Silvie.

with the setup I've been running Silvie's spark buff would conflict with Rozalia when they're both in the same team but stats+spark+bb on spark is a solid setup to have for sure and Rozalia's a unit that rarely needs to be in a group (though she's pretty great since she has a ton of buffs and heals a ton). Now to decide what SP options to take with Silvie.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to go for it and got a Silvie(a) on pull #12.:toot:

Ended up with mostly new units in the process too. I didn't know they added a gate for 7* units but it was a bit of a shock the first time I saw a rainbow door break and turn in to something else. Pulls were:

Malbelle - new
Lafiel - new
Shura - new
Adel - new
Hisui - new
Rinon - new
Kalon - new
Kafka - dupe
Astall - new
Lauda - dupe
Pamela - new
Silvie - new

...no idea what I'd use some of these for (Pamela could go in a UBB spam party I guess). Lafiel is a bb-on-spark mitigator that I know was very popular when first added and a couple look like decent spark units, though not worth using over Silvie.

with the setup I've been running Silvie's spark buff would conflict with Rozalia when they're both in the same team but stats+spark+bb on spark is a solid setup to have for sure and Rozalia's a unit that rarely needs to be in a group (though she's pretty great since she has a ton of buffs and heals a ton). Now to decide what SP options to take with Silvie.

If you have Rozalia in the party and is set up as a better Charla (so she has the crit SP options), you'd be firing off Rozalia first so Silvie's better spark buff will overwrite Rozalia's spark buff anyways.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Poala Bear posted:

If you have Rozalia in the party and is set up as a better Charla (so she has the crit SP options), you'd be firing off Rozalia first so Silvie's better spark buff will overwrite Rozalia's spark buff anyways.

That's what I'm thinking, since I have the BB Atk, crit rate, BB when attacked, HP restore on SBB, and 20% def/hp for her SP options. She's basically my OE Charla and her current setup makes it more or less impossible to not have her SBB every turn if she's not getting drained. I could drop the lvl 3 demonic song (+5 BC/turn?) Elgif for something else though since she has the sacred crystal equipped, but haven't tweaked her yet.

Rozalia/Silvie/Zeruiah would as a core in raids and such covers pretty much all important buffs except mitigation.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
Merry Christmas everyone!

So it was announced in the JP Nico Nico stream that Kira and Feeva are getting Omni Evo next. Sweet!

Kira Art and Feeva Art

Also, the new Fallen Gods Trial was released and the data for Zevalhua and Afla Dilith have been released. They're the first units that have the ability to go above the 99,999 attack cap through their ES, making their cap hit 130K. Afla, through SP options, has 450% BB Mod and +150% Spark buff effectively outclassing every single BB and Spark buffers to date. Go JP go!

Here's their info if you're curious. We should be getting this trial around March-ish.

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 26, 2016

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Got my two Shiny Bauble, so now I just need two Winter Donum and then, assuming I haven't hung myself in the basement by then, it should be easy street all the way to the Winter Memoria sphere!

Meanwhile, I've only got 1 of the 10 Toy Badges needed for the Toy Medal, which I assume means I need to be running the level 3 version of the new dungeon.

There is no God.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Poala Bear posted:

Afla, through SP options, has 450% BB Mod and +150% Spark buff effectively outclassing every single BB and Spark buffers to date.[/URL]

Rozalia's SBB is 450% BB atk after SP options and her spark buff is 150% by default (no SP option to boost further). She doesn't give spark crit/vuln though.

sethimothy posted:

Got my two Shiny Bauble, so now I just need two Winter Donum and then, assuming I haven't hung myself in the basement by then, it should be easy street all the way to the Winter Memoria sphere!

Meanwhile, I've only got 1 of the 10 Toy Badges needed for the Toy Medal, which I assume means I need to be running the level 3 version of the new dungeon.

There is no God.

Correct. You also need 80 toy soldiers to make the ES sphere for Haido. I ended up with 14 badges and 83 toy soldiers after IDK how many runs. Eventually I setup a team of Zeruiah/Silvie/Melchio/Galtier/Krantz. Melchio was there simply because I couldn't think of who I had lying around with aliment block on their SBB and who would reliably spam their SBB. In hindsight I should've probably just run a fulloffense team with Azurai or Avant leading instead of Zeruiah since I noticed if I got a crappy friend leader that my damage could be bad enough to get stuck in a loop with Haido due to his occasional heal/shield/angel idol usage (badges are a chest drop too, unlike toy soldiers). I only need gift bags to upgrade the baubles and then make the memoria though. Awful grind event, thank god for autobattle.

Still not entirely sure how I want to spend Silvie's SP. 30% stat boost on BB is good (meaning +180% atk/def/rec), then I'm torn on +1 turn for BB duration and the +1 bb on spark buffs. The former would be good because it means less turns spent not using her SBB to burn down enemies and the latter would be decent for single targets, though with good sparking it really shouldn't matter since they'd already get 2-3 BC per spark. Spark damage boost would be ok for the times she's not paired with units like Rozalia but that's 30 SP that could be spent giving her 20% stats and 70% spark damage (or something else). Though? Currently thinking:

30 - Enhance atk/def/rec on BB
30 - BB effects last 1 more turn
20 - 20% boost to all parameters
10 - 70% spark damage
10 - enhance either spark damage or stats for self

If I'd take the +BB on spark buff (or enhance spark boost) then I'd just be taking 70% spark damage and not the 20% stats plus whatever other minor enhancement.

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Correct. You also need 80 toy soldiers to make the ES sphere for Haido.

I... somehow missed that. I'm at the point where I really feel I should just uninstall this game. But then, if I did that, what would I have running on autobattle while I did chores or did a short shift at work?

Another thing I've been working on is trying to upgrade my Jue'vrr's Heart. I am just 5 Viper's Tails, or roughly 1625 guild points away. Assuming I donate 5 bits of zel and 5 bits of karma to my guild a day, I can have those points in no fewer than 33 days! The way I log in, it will likely be closer to two weeks though. If I wanted to get really crazy, since guild contributions reset every 4 hours, I could have it in as little as 9 days... but I don't hate myself that much. All this so that I I'll have... the middle form of a sphere. I don't really want to look at the high-end form's requirements. Still a quality sphere, even if I won't be able to benefit from the guild raid skill because my guild literally consists of myself, my son who doesn't really play, and some random 3rd person who hasn't logged in in three weeks.

I was a little bothered that I didn't get Sylvie in 6 pulls (and smart/broke enough not to go for 12!) but I have so many other units I haven't fully leveled or developed that it's hardly the end of the world.

Edit: Going from Jeu'vrr's Battleheart to Jeu'vrr's Warsong requires 39 components, each of which costs 325 guild points. 12,675 points could be acquired, if one collected 50 points (one full turn-in of both zel and karma) a day, in just around Eight and a Half (8.45) months! Yeah, really hoping when guild raids are introduced there is a chance some of these items can drop.

sethimothy fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 26, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The raid spheres seem like they're alright in their final form and pretty handy for the guild raids but yeah the means of getting them is dumb as hell and I'd love to have the spark one for Silvie (until I figure out a better spark sphere to get for her) but even checking every 4 hours that'd be months of guild contributions with no way to speed it up unless guild raids start handing out materials.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Afla Dilith OE looks ideal for crit resistant content, drat. He looks like jp' s answer to Ensa-Taya in global. This just means that OE Maxwell will be the go to crit buffer judging from how strong the fallen gods are now.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Rozalia's SBB is 450% BB atk after SP options and her spark buff is 150% by default (no SP option to boost further). She doesn't give spark crit/vuln though.

Rozalia also doesn't deal any damage. Food for thought.

burntpork posted:

Afla Dilith OE looks ideal for crit resistant content, drat. He looks like jp' s answer to Ensa-Taya in global. This just means that OE Maxwell will be the go to crit buffer judging from how strong the fallen gods are now.

It'll be interesting to see what and how Maxwell and Kira's OE form buff kits will look and if they have much overlap.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I don't play much any more, but I still check the subreddit to see what all is coming. It looks like BRAVE FRONTIER 2 has been announced and is supposed to be released next year. Not a whole lot of details so far on it as it was just announced on Alim's end of the year stream a few hours ago.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Has a sequel to any mobile rpg ever been successful? How do they expect to get long time bf players to jump ship and play?

burntpork fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 27, 2016

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

burntpork posted:

Has a sequel to any mobile rpg ever been successful? How do they expect to get long time bf players to jump ship and play?

Probably not. There's one I want to say was that was one of those horrible card games but I can't remember it so there's that.

Finally got my Winter Memoria today, which is neat despite not really having a use for it. Now I only need 54 Wooden Soldiers (and 39 snow gemstones) to complete my golden heart! I am so excited, by which I mean gently caress this game!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

But they already made Brave Frontier 2, it's called Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. I'm not sure how they think a straight up Brave Frontier 2 will be worth the risk of them killing a still(?) successful game by launching a new one that could potentially fail but we'll see I suppose. Maybe they figured that they're hitting a wall with Brave Frontier and long-standing design flaws but few things will make people less likely to spend on your mobile game than "we made a new version, now gently caress you start over and also we're going to neglect/close the old version." Unless they plan to keep full support for both in which case good luck?

sethimothy
Nov 1, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

But they already made Brave Frontier 2, it's called Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. I'm not sure how they think a straight up Brave Frontier 2 will be worth the risk of them killing a still(?) successful game by launching a new one that could potentially fail but we'll see I suppose. Maybe they figured that they're hitting a wall with Brave Frontier and long-standing design flaws but few things will make people less likely to spend on your mobile game than "we made a new version, now gently caress you start over and also we're going to neglect/close the old version." Unless they plan to keep full support for both in which case good luck?

They won't cancel the current running game for some time, and both are likely to coexist. The challenge of bringing a userbase from one game to the other is one many MMOs and tablet franchises have faced for a while, with varying degrees of success.

In the meantime, people are still going to buy gems and stuff because they are always just One Pull Away[TM] from their waifu/husbando unit that will be obsolete in three to five months.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Well, if ever I was going to quit this game, this certainly seems like a good enough reason to: told me I had to re-login to my Facebook after last night's maintenance, except despite doing it twice now (once after uninstalling and reinstalling the app) it refuses to actually acknowledge that I have and keeps just taking me into a new game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So the Chinese New Year unit looks like a possible Avant upgrade? Seems solid for crit/damage lead purposes but probably not worth chasing if you have someone like Avant already.

LornMarkus posted:

Well, if ever I was going to quit this game, this certainly seems like a good enough reason to: told me I had to re-login to my Facebook after last night's maintenance, except despite doing it twice now (once after uninstalling and reinstalling the app) it refuses to actually acknowledge that I have and keeps just taking me into a new game.

If you use an alternate facebook account for games check your browser/device settings to see if it's logging in to the wrong account. I had that issue awhile back and it was due to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

So the Chinese New Year unit looks like a possible Avant upgrade? Seems solid for crit/damage lead purposes but probably not worth chasing if you have someone like Avant already.

If you use an alternate facebook account for games check your browser/device settings to see if it's logging in to the wrong account. I had that issue awhile back and it was due to that.

Are you talking about the thunder unit that just dropped? He's just part of the galardhon GE batch, not a CNY exclusive.

And he is no way outclasses Avant for a damage lead.

• Locked thread