Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Maybe i'm crazy, but I might actually do the Fiesta this year! :dance:

I tried a 4-job run last year on my own to see if i'd like it but lost interest very shortly after I started. :( Hopefully not this time though! It might actually push me into finally completing the game.

Question: Is it against the rules to use an emulator so I can fast forward through cutscenes/random battles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Not even remotely. Those of us crazy enough to do lots of runs (I did, what, 11 last year?) pretty much all universally use emulators for fast forward. No way in hell I could do as many runs as I normally do otherwise. :shobon:

Sweet!

Now I have this crazy idea in my head of doing multiple runs simultaneously.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

You'd need multiple twitter accounts - you can't have more than one run active at a time on a given account - but that would be hilarious to watch, like those "one input, two/three/four games completed" TASes of megaman games.

Oookay...I guess I need to read up on the whole thing cos I don't know how the twitter stuff works just yet.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay, got my twitter setup. I am officially PUMPED!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm also doing a test run on my android phone using a gba emulator app while i'm bored at work. Wind Crystal job I got is Black Mage hell yeah!

Also I just now realised that I have the day off work on June 1st! Should be able to get plenty of progress straight off the bat.

fake edit: Oh wait i'm assuming the fiesta actually starts on June 1st.....it's just pre-reg right?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

And pre-registered! Just a normal run for now.

Vil posted:

In terms of difficulty, 750 is easier than normal which is easier than no750.

Although both 750 and no750 do offer the advantage of giving you combinations more likely to have synergy with each other.

What is a 750 run? I find it really hard to find info on each of the different runs.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Oh cool thanks. Should have checked the site first.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gilgabot isn't getting my tweets it looks like. I was able to pre-register just fine, my twitter security settings haven't been touched since.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

djw175 posted:

I'm pretty sure gilgabot is running into the max tweet limit hard. Have you checked the site to see if you got a job there?

Yeah i've got my first job from the site, but I wanted to test that Gilgabot was getting my tweets.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Black Mage/ Red Mage so far

I will be dying in style :tipshat:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Fire Crystal update:

Black Mage/Red Mage/Bard

not sure how to feel about this....but i'm hype :dance:

edit: oh actually question, since i don't have Bard yet, do I have to use at least one Freelancer until I get it or can i stick with combinations of the first 2 jobs?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Lilli posted:

You dont usw freelancers again as soon as you have jobs you can use. You just make use of your other jobs until you get the bard crystal.

Cool, just confirming whether or not I had to use Freelancer as a stand-in until I picked up the other two crystals.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm stuck at Manticore and can't seem to beat it. My jobs are Black Mage/Red Mage/Bard/Samurai but Galuf has left the party so I can't decide on proper job assignments. Right now I have Bartz as a fresh Samurai, Lenna as Bard and Faris as Red Mage. All of them can cast black magic and Bartz/Faris can use some white magic. Manticore just destroys me before I can even really damage it.

Do I just need to grind? :(

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mirthless posted:

You kind of just need to burn Manticore down. Break rods if you aren't ideologically opposed to them and the fight will be over in two rounds.

I am most definitely not opposed to breaking some rods. I was just hoping there was a way around it. Better go buy some more.

Mustard Iceman posted:

Can you Stop it with Romeo's Ballad?

I'll try this as well, thanks!

edit: Wooo Romeo's Ballad did the trick! I am a terrible Bard. I'm not used to relying on statuses in older FF games so I didn't even consider he'd be open to Stop.

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jun 24, 2015

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Is there any way to deal with Catastrophe if I don't have access to float? I'd heal through but my highest cure ability is Cura and as it is he one-shots half my party. All strategies I've found so far say to use float and reflect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Everyone has access to float. Go back to the Cave section to the room with that super-long stairway, and the rare encounter there (if on NA GBA, use the Quicksave glitch) has a Poison Eagle. Confuse it with the Dancing Dagger, cram an Ether down its throat, and it'll cast Float on you. Give that person a Reflect Ring and job's done.

:aaa:
Holy poo poo this actually worked! Amazing.

• Locked thread