Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Been streaming unofficial runs over on hitbox to enter the spirit of the season, classes chosen by audience vote. Cleared with Blue/Zerk/Geo/Dancer, on lap 2 of Thief/Time/Bard/Chemist.

Will probably continue to loop until registration begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
If anyone wants to experience waiting out Omniscient, you can see it live!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

How Rude posted:

nearly 100 viewers reached! :eyepop:

5 and a half hours to drain him.

5 Seconds to reverse it all.

~FIESTA~

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

FutureFriend posted:

wizard is dead after near 6 hours

5/19 Never Forget Saga Begins 2:49:00, Lives on Forever

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 20, 2015

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
I've solved Omega - LIVE!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Round 2: FOOTBALL!!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Twelve by Pies posted:

On a run in my first Fiesta, I ended up killing Omega by doing the Poison Rod/Quick trick. That was a pretty long wait as well.

Experience The Void all over again.

Twice!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
A sort of double-natural run where each character get two jobs from their crystal, and is required to hybridize them.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Carpets cleaned in 6 hours or your money [RETURN]!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Rapid Chicken Thunderblade kills Omega.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Poque posted:

Still hoping to get an answer on this. It doesn't start the same day as pre-reg, right?

Traditionally, there will be an exhibition run streamed live, with jobs chosen by donation bids. Once that run ends, the Fiesta season opens.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Nihilarian posted:

What does the Fiesta State Mod do?

Embodies the spirit of the season.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Half of Dracula posted:

I guess I thought I was the poo poo with all my Ribbons and Monk/Bersekerer/Chicken Knife doing a lot of damage but I can't make any headway in the Rift

A team like that should run from most encounters in the endgame, save its effort for snapping bosses in half.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Vitality*Level/16 :eng101:

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

DyneAvenger posted:

How do you get past the magic side of the fork tower without having any magic abilities? I'm struggling to sort out how to win even basic encounters on that side.

Wear a reflect ring, pray, and wait.

Run from regular fights.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

axelsoar posted:

I am doing this for fun and I didn't notice this before the registration so I couldn't do the risk, but I am having a fun normal run anyhow. This is my first time through 5, the first random got me a White Mage, which I know will be nice later but right now it is making the early game a bit of a drag, I just got the water crystal jobs and I Gilgabot handed me... Berserker. :suicide: So uh, any advice going forward for a total newbie?

Buffs and debuffs matter in this one. Effective use of protect and shell will make a huge difference in keeping your team alive, and lots of things can be confused, berzerked, or silenced to good effect.

There is a weapon in world 1 that'll give your zerker a chance of casting doom, and this works on a surprising number of targets.

There are also some breakable staves you can get to your white magi.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
For most purposes Red would rather have an Enhancer/Enchanter, which you get for free in Istory Falls and The Void. They can make use of assasin dagger, Magus Rod, and Sage Staff.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

NGDBSS posted:

Is there any good way to see how much MP an enemy has remaining? I'm currently holding out against Omniscient with two characters equipped with Reflect Rings, and even sped-up the fight is still going for a seemingly endless amount of time. I'd have used magic if I could, but my current lineup is Geomancer/Ranger/Dragoon/Dancer. (So far as I know, even !Gaia isn't "magic" by the game's standards.) I'm using VBA-M, should that matter for variable lookups.

It takes 6 hours realtime. Your emulator's speedup probably hits 4x-6x speed.

Tape down the button and read a book.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

NGDBSS posted:

I'd heard about that, but when I tried doing other things at that point the window had evidently already passed. Slow on the draw, perhaps.
I'd toggled the turbo mode on it and set it to run even while inactive, so it was mostly just a background annoyance for an hour or so. (In-game time was about seven hours.)

Edit: Questions asked: 1

The window for it is 30 bar-ticks, about 4 seconds of realtime. Most character's turns take 80-100 ticks normally, 40-50 when hasted, so you want to have someone ready to go in advance before the window appears. It'll be gone if you have to wait for someone to charge up.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Koobes posted:

I am confused on my progression path at this point. Do I have to do Fork tower to beat the game? If so how do I go about beating Omnicient as Ranger/Samurai/Samurai/Dragoon?

Any team with one or more reflect rings can beat Omniscient by waiting (6 Hours) for him to run out of mana, then beating him down because he can't reset the fight. Then give him an ether and do it again.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Lurdiak posted:

Something to inspire those of you crazy enough to attempt Omega:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8jcIO6qY1g

Never Forget

Allow him just one breath, and The Ultimate Weapon will destroy any opposition.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Ghost-Slug posted:

I'm just before Walse and I read earlier in the thread that there are potential missables there so I bit the bullet and sent #Water to Gilgabot.

Time to whip out the pointy hats! :toot: I'm not sure there's any particular synergy between Monk and Time Mage but I'm glad that at the very least I've got some utility spells and I'll be able to break rods in an emergency.

I was having a quick look at what Time Mages can do in this game and apparently their Mute ability is bugged on the GBA version? What does the bug do?

Congratulations on your Omega Kill.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

OzFactor posted:

Omniscientchat: my party is Thief / Mystic Knight / Ninja / Dancer, so I have no magic damage and I'm playing on iOS so no way am I going to wait out his MP. I'm under the impression silencing him through Spellblade doesn't work, is that right? I climbed up the tower and tried to fight him with just my ninja only to find out I didn't ever actually buy Silence, so I tried two Mage Mashers, but the Silence just kept missing.

My other option is that I just don't fight him, of course. Not having Flare/Holy sword is a problem, but I sure am doing a whole lot of damage with my sword dances so I'm not sure if I absolutely need them. If the only options are wait until he runs out of MP and not fight him, there's no contest for me.

You should be able to go back and get silence from one of the magic shops.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Bufuman posted:

So, in other words, you need to be level 73 just to have even the merest chance? drat.

On the other hand, keep using the Magic Lamp to get Catoblepas and you'll have a 1/(however many pieces are left) shot of having it target the petrify-able part, which should work 100% of the time like the Magic Lamp part. Is that right? It sounds about right.

Also, apparently Magic Lamp Catoblepas targets all enemies in the Android/iOS version, so if you're playing that, you've got a free pass there.

The special thing about Lamp-Odin is that he'll always use True Edge. Regular summoned Odin will look at NED, see that 3/4 of him is immune to instant kills, and chose to throw his spear instead. If he did use True Edge, it would work just as well as Lamp-Odin's, but regular Odin doesn't waste his best moves on one quarter of his enemy.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Just tried out using !Hide to run Atomos out of MP. Takes about two hours.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Simply Simon posted:

Sooo I am at Omniscient with Ninja/Thief/Samurai and trying the strat someone recommended to me, which is Mage Masher proc + Zeninage, Zeninage. I have everyone on Hermes Sandals and after like 20 tries Silence did stick twice, so that's okaaay, I guess, BUT - I literally do not have enough time to input even one Zeninage until Omniscient casts Return again, which is really weird to me.

I am on Android; is that possibly something they just "fixed"? I don't understand why he even keeps casting Return after the first three attempts (Mage Masher + Twin Lance hit)...at least my first Zeninage should hit, right?

The timing for status effects on heavies is about four seconds of live clock, and slightly shorter than the recovery time of a high-agility hasted character. If you want to chain a move after than silence, you need the other characters charged and ready to go before you drop the proc.

Battle speed sets how long the clock stops when someone's turn comes up, and thus how long you have to enter a command before cutting into your window of opportunity.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Bad Seafood posted:

Six in-game hours. Thank you turbo mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzVFugFcUto

Thank you also to Neongrey for helping me figure out how much longer I had to go.

Welcome to Esoteric Order of the Rugmage.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Rei_ posted:

What are the only bard songs I can get in the first world? I kinda wanna make sure I'm ready to go before I start doing all this crap with the meteors

Might/Vitality, Romeo/Love, and Allure/Charm.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Schwartzcough posted:

No, you never need to grind for NED when you have a bard. During his first tree phase, have one or two characters just sing speed song until you're getting instant turns on everyone, then go ahead and sing Hero's Rhyme or whatever else you want, if you feel like it. You can then burn down the Almagest part long before NED gets the chance to use it.

In case you don't know, the buffing spells increase the relevant stat(s) every time the bard gets a turn. Since Speed Song increases your speed, you'll get turns faster and faster (and thus increase your stats faster and faster). You can easily get your team to max speed and zany levels/stats during the first phase.

It takes about four minutes for one bard to rev up to full speed, then two more for any other buff song once there. Faster if you stack multiple singers, obviously.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Ilyich posted:

Yep.

Is Gil Turtle weak to any elements? I know its completely optional, but I figure I might as well give it a shot since I have the ability to apply Float, Protect, Haste and can cast Golem.

His only weakness is his desire to give out FABULOUS PRIZES!!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Imagine

Forever

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

blakelmenakle posted:

It's taking awhile. :zombie:

What up, my Zombrother :zombie::respek::zombie:

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Mikl posted:

Okay, how the gently caress do I kill Sandworm with a Thief / Time Mage / Geomancer team?

I think I figured out his gimmick: if I attack the holes they counter with Demi, so I have to be careful what I actually strike. So !Terrain is right out, since it either calls out the swirly sand thing (can't remember what it's called) for a 2/3 chance of hitting the hole, or on rare occasions Sandstorms which hits all three enemies (Sandworm and both holes) for delicious double demi fun :shepicide:

So I have to take it down with physical attacks? My damage output simply isn't high enough to win the damage race, especially since the fucker has an attack that hits all party members for ~60 damage (a full 1/6 of their HP) and causes HP drain.

I'm really at my wits' end here.

Unless... I haven't checked, but does breaking rods work? If so I think I can tank some Demis if it means grinding his face down with rods.

(This is the most fun I've ever had playing a JRPG, by the way. I'm thoroughly enjoying this.)

Rods hit hard enough to damage race him if you're otherwise out of ideas. Should take 3 or 4?

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Rogue Lemon posted:

Argh. I've never had this much trouble with W2 Exdeath before. I've got Monk, Red Mage, Geomancer, and Dancer. Party level is 29, gromancer has doublecast. My most consistent source of Damage is the RM bonking him on the head with a Light Staff. Anyone got a better idea than grinding for staffs to break in his face?

Sword dance is compatible with punching. Dance Monk and Brawl Dancer can do work.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Started a test run of double -natural (Each character takes two jobs from their crystal, must combine them)

It leads festive places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
It is so easy to forget that the ocean exists in this game.

• Locked thread