Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

alcharagia posted:

I would much rather have a Berserker than a Chemist.

Well, duh. Chemist is overpowered and while fun, when its one of the few things you can do it quickly gets boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Is naming Ghido cheating? Because I don't care, it's still Ghido.

Well, obviously Ghido's the best. Do you think he sat around for seven centuries munching on pizza?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

By the way, for those of you who want to do a pre-Fiesta warmup, Carbybot (our IRC bot in #ffvfiesta) makes team compositions.

I love the Chaos feature because my first roll for it...

quote:

Wind Job: Dragoon
Water Job: Samurai
Fire Job: Chemist
Earth Job: Red Mage

Earth Crystal/Earth Crystal/Earth Crystal/Water Crystal

Couldn't have given me Dancer instead of Red Mage? Really? :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

(i forget who originally made this like last year)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

I actually found it on tumblr. :shobon:

That would explain why I can't remember who made it at least :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

InfernoBlade posted:

Consider the tree well-watered. Oh and I'm going to get my employer to match that.

:drat: This is incredible. You are incredible.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Omniscient'll run out of MP eventually. I think if you use an Ether it overflows down to 9999 instead of the insane amount he starts with.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Gotta get my new speedrun category off the ground, so cmon Gilgabot.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KingEffingFrost posted:

Distributing Berserkers is all well and good but... what about distributing Chaos rules?!

Gilgabot generates all 4 of your jobs at once, since it draws from all crystals every time. They then get rearranged in Crystal order to minimise Freelancer time. So if you get, say, Geo/Zerk/Knight/Dancer that'll get rearranged to give Knight first and not third. It's kinda dumb but I can understand it I guess.

E; Of course, this also means if you get any of Dragoon/Chemist/Dancer/Samurai first then you have only Earth crystal jobs. :v:

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 22, 2015

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think the Control and Confuse options are identical, just using !Control removes the RNG aspect(s) of it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Fartz% is a tricky amount to get but dancing all night achieves it. Eventually.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Renzuko posted:

Quick question, is there any real synergy between blackmage, berserker and bard? like, is it worth it to try and cross class any of their skills?

Equip Harps is one of the better passives for a Zerker...

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Because I am literally incapable of not doing stupid things, my second run through is a Classic run. It's been fairly dull, surprise surprise, so I haven't been putting much time into it.

By which I mean I low efforted Shinryu (tried Omega and that's probably not happening without a lot of grinding and lolno). Now to just get the last Genji armor piece and kill NED.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Two down. Only took about 40 elixirs since it was Flame Rings to heal or Hermes Sandals to get my good damage output out consistently and keep trying to Break the Almagest part (it worked... eventually :v:).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

You can do it, Galuf. Keep whacking him with your stick! Yaaaaaay! :buddy:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

a real jerk posted:

I got red mage

That's unfortunate. Red Mage is good at the moment, and for the next few areas, but it drops off VERY quickly after the fourth crystal. Hopefully you'll get something good for the next two otherwise you're going to have a rough everything before too long.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Just make sure you remember who has the Heal Staff equipped if you're doing that. There's nothing worse than getting Garula to sub-100 HP and then accidentally Heal Staving her by accident. :shepface:

I like the pattern with these runs. My first only took down NED since I couldn't be arsed with trying the other two. 2nd was NED and Shinryu since I had an easy low-effort win there. Now my third is getting the triple crown. It's like poetic or something.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Either be a Geomancer (in which case I'm so sorry for you), have Float from something (time magic, chemist and blue mage can all do it or just get a cat to cast it when confused). Or better still, don't do the trench because its optional and if you don't have a Time Mage it hasn't a drat thing to offer anyway.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah, this is definitely an easy triple crown. Bit of RNG in trying to get the Dark Spark to stick, but between Golem and Mighty Guard I could not lose unless I ran out of Elixirs and Ethers somehow. Which since only 2 people were using them was hella unlikely.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Triple crown: achieved. NED actions: 0.

Bard/Blue Mage teamup owns. :getin:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

If you really want to play a game where the one good spot is the translators deciding "Cara" should talk with nothing but an emoticon for no reason then that's your prerogative but you're only hurting yourself.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Magic Lamp Odin can instant kill the back part (the skeleton man thing that has an American flag); the bottom-front bit is susceptible to Break regardless of source which is useful since that's the Almagest one; the big bit at the top is the physical exclusive part and it can be blinded... well all of NED can be, but it only matters there.

There's lots of tricks that you can do to make NED a non-issue but it mostly depends on team comp.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think most people who do multiple runs already know about this, but for anyone that doesn't (and it is super easy to miss)...

Tycoon's top secret treasure that the Chancellor doesn't want YOU to know about!

its only 2 cottages so its not major or anything but it could be useful at some point

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

axelsoar posted:

I came across a Death Sickle, which is not only a damage upgrade for my 'zerker, but can cause insta-death? This sounds really good, unless it just never procs.

It's a 33% chance per attack. It happens quite a lot more often than you would expect and works on a ton of bosses across the entirety of the game too.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bard can keep Omega stopped via Romeo's Ballad (and it will always hit!), so have everyone with Hermes Sandals equipped. 3 people stagger Romeo's Ballads to keep him Stopped while the Mystic Knight dual wields Thundaga Spellblades for 9999 each that can't miss because Stop reduces Ev% to 0 :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yeah 3 might be a bit much but when I did it with Bards, I had two staggering Romeo's Ballads because I needed the other 2 for offense. Problem with the Swift Song thing is that until it gets your agility high enough, one person outright cannot keep Omega stopped long enough to prevent either his turns or his counterattacks.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Alluring Air on Gaelicats at North Mountain for Float's the easiest way by far.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Nope. You need the first Tablet, since you need to clear the Pyramid to make the Airship available, but you never have to go to the Sealed Castle.

CapitalistPig posted:

So which blue magic can I just not get if I don't have control?

None. Some might be harder or require you to wait 'til later, but there are no Blue spells that have mandatory !Control.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I know while we were talking about the Cool GBA Translation, someone wanted this:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

That makes 4 down. Might be able to handle Shinryu if I grind enough but gently caress it. Probably going to do another 750 because Gilgabot almost always gives me No750 stuff otherwise.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The Brave Blade is stupid because it's already weaker than the Chicken Knife presuming a fair comparison of both at max power, requires you to never run away or it gets irrevocably weaker to the point of being actively useless and it can be used by a grand total of 1 classes (Knight) who has better weapons anyway.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Samuel Clemens posted:

Was it Final Fantasy VII where spells would bounce between reflects until one one of them disappeared? That was fun.

IIRC that happens in IX. I remember it happening in the boss fight at the Desert Palace at least.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Ilyich posted:

Yep.

Is Gil Turtle weak to any elements? I know its completely optional, but I figure I might as well give it a shot since I have the ability to apply Float, Protect, Haste and can cast Golem.

He's Undead but absorbs Holy. If you have a Bard, you can use that to Requiem him to death. If not, then it's just a mean thing to keep in mind.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Zerk Clutch was my first ever Fiesta win... which is the sole reason i still have this image from, uh, 3 years ago. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Stratavarius posted:

I heard that Mammons are on the roof of the castle section, near Twintania, but I haven't been seeing them in the GBA version. Am I in the wrong section, or do they not appear?

I'm fairly sure that they'd be in the forest area, since they're trees and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

OzFactor posted:

I gave up on Omega after three hours. I'm not sure if it's different on iOS but I was unable to keep him locked down with three singers, hasted, after maxing out their speed with swift song. The input timings are just off or something. He gets a turn eventually no matter what you do, and when he does he attacks twice and there isn't much he does that doesn't kill me outright. I don't know if I could have killed Shinryuu, I was angry and wanted out at that point.

That's not an iOS thing. You have to stagger your Stops. If you just have everyone sing one after the other without waiting, only the first one actually does anything. The second and third would be trying to inflict Stop on something that is already stopped which has no actual effect.

• Locked thread