Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
First job is Ninja. Alright then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Geomancer/Samurai/Dancer/Dancer. I know Omega is no hope, but is there any semblance of a Shinryu strat that isn't "grind forever and pray"?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

CVagts posted:

Geomancer/Samurai/Dancer/Dancer. I know Omega is no hope, but is there any semblance of a Shinryu strat that isn't "grind forever and pray"?

So I checked one of the many Fiesta guides out there and found this blurb:

quote:

With a knight or any other heavy armor user: Equip their best weapon, Aegis Shield, Diamond Helmet, Bone Mail, and the Flame Ring. If the initial Tidal Wave gets absorbed by the Aegis Shield and your level isn’t divisible by 2 or 3, he has 3 possible moves that can do anything to you: Fight, Maelstrom, and Lightning. Lightning deals ⅛ of max HP damage, fight is always scary, maelstrom is pretty pointless. If you have a knight, you can !Guard against Fight, meaning Lightning is the only thing that can kill you. Everything else heals you or does nothing. If you have a dragoon, you can jump over Fight. If you have a Samurai, you might get lucky and get a blade grasp. Protect + being in the back row drops his Fights to around 1000 damage which sounds alright but he can use it three times in a row without healing you in between so it’s risky. Destroy Fight with !image, blink from white magic (Wonder Wand if you have to, for one charge at least), !Guard, !Jump. !Spellblade users using this strategy can use drain sword to stay alive and keep their HP up, bone mail doesn’t kill them when they do this.

Turns out I can do this. And I will probably want to kill myself by the time I manage to kill Shinryu with it. :shepface:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
You could maybe kill Shinryu but it would probably drive you insane so I wouldn't bother.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
23 runs and 16 triple crowns. No way am I doing that many again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Samuel Clemens posted:

How did you do that without getting bored? I've only done five runs, and I already felt like that was too much.

a) My emulator worked at like 1500-2000%, so zipping through story, grinding, etc was pretty easy.

b) I had no other games that I wanted to play for like a solid month and a half so I just charged through as many runs as I could.

My goal was 25, once I got to like 16 or so, but I got to the Big Bridge on run 24 and just gave up and never went back.

• Locked thread