Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
How long does the fiesta run? I'm interested in making my first completed run of FFV during this event (I've gone to World 2 once before) but timing's an issue due to an impending move 130 miles away next week. (Well, money too but that's a separate issue.) I couldn't find an answer on the official site, so figured I'd ask here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Well, I've been meaning to knock FFV off my list of main FF games I need to complete (along with II and III) so why not do a Random run to make it happen?

*gets assigned Monk for first class*

...that's why not I suppose. Oh well. Pummel away!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Monk/Berserker/??/?? as of Water Crystal.

As this is a random run, a question. Should I be even thinking of buying spells in case I roll a Mage/Summoner later?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

KataraniSword posted:

You can always go back for them, save for Esuna in the Karnak explosion. Just make sure to pick up Shiva and Ramuh before you go World 2 if you do roll Summoner.

Duly noted. Thanks!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Stopping for night with Monk/Zerk/Summon/??? just after Library of Ancients. Think I've got a good team so far, hoping Earth Crystal doesn't gently caress me over.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
So after some moving I finally picked up my Earth job. Final team is Monk, Berserker, Summoner, and Chemist. Still on World 1, looks like it's time to grind Turtle Shells (even though I already have about a dozen) and stock up on rods to snap plus whatever other tips I'll see when I re-read the thread.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Do I need to do anything sidequesty or does it just give it to me in the course of the main storyline?

Main storyline. You literally cannot miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
I also didn't finish my one run (due to moving shenanigans), but I'll likely finish it on my own time just for the principle of it.

• Locked thread