Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Not going Berserker Risk this year since last year I wound up with Monk/Barbarian/Ninja/Barbarian and Exdeath consistently curbstomped me to the point where I just couldn't continue without deeply unfun grinding, but I'm looking forward to trying again this year! Almost two years of not finishing should help out my enthusiasm for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

I had an idea last year for a mode that fits somewhere between a standard and a natural run, and I thought I'd toss it out in case anyone else wants to give it a try. The basic idea is that you roll your party according to Gilgabot, and each character gets access to two jobs. The first is whatever they'd get under a natural run, and the second is your choice among what you've been assigned. This makes the game a little tougher than if each character could use all four jobs, but it's not quite as tedious as a strict natural run would be.

I had an idea similar to this, although instead of choosing the second it would just be two random jobs, all assigned at the very start of the game. Either one would be so much better than a natural run, though.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Is there any way of surviving Titan with a party of Summoner/Red Mage/Geomancer/Bard beyond grinding levels to survive his death-Earth Shaker?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I don't know what I did to deserve this, Gilgabot, but... :getin:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

What's the best way to do Omega with Summoner/Ninja/Bard/Chemist? I was thinking have everyone but the Ninja do Romeo's Ballad, but how do I get through Omega's ridiculous defenses?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

Nasgate posted:

So I uhh, ran into the mimic dude. :stare:

I gave up after finally getting him low health and he started spamming meteor.

Maybe you should try mimicking what he does to start with, see if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

4 Thieves in the back row with an adequate (50ish) supply of potions makes Garula tedious, but easy.

• Locked thread