Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rapidfire ignores Defense so it doesn't matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you have Geomancer and another mage you can try and get a Rune Chime, which boosts every element but Water.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Chemist can equip the Healing Staff which is pretty much all you need for Random Encounters

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Holy is in fact the strongest spell in the game

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The thing is very few enemies actually have Magic Defense of note.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga has 185 power. With an elemental boost that goes up to 277. So yes they're better then Flare.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It does.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kyrosiris posted:

Much like the Brave Blade, you don't go natural not because it's hard, but because it's a tedious loving slog.

Brave Blade isn't actually particularly tedious, especially since if you're doing one you have Knight, which can pretty easily shred 90% of Random Encounters.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mango sentinel posted:

The infographic mentions 10 players had 3 Berserkers and beat the game, but none of us beat Omega or Shinryu. Is there even a possible setup where a 3 Berserker Fiesta team can beat those bosses?

White Mage. Berserk Shinryu and keep up Blinks and Cures.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I got Dancer my first Fiesta and I've always had a soft spot for it since.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm waiting to see what CHAOS is before I sign up.

Personally I've been hoping they make Random a modifier on runs so you can do a Random No750 and 750 run for a while now.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Fire Crystal Jobs are split into two packages. Ranger and Bard you get a little later.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ultrafilter posted:

Here it is. Note that a low level run requires more than four jobs.

I bet I could do a Low Level Fiesta as long as I got Bard and/or Chemist.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 8, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ultrafilter posted:

If you make a serious attempt at this, I'll match your job fair expenses and throw in an extra $50.

Well now I have to give it a try.

I'll do a standard run, and Job Fair in a Bard or Chemist if I don't get one.

Edit: Also Job Fairing away Monk because seriously.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, I'd need Knight or White Mage or Ninja.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 8, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ugato posted:

What level(s) do you think would be feasible for you? I'm trying to think of a good way to incentivize this further with adding my own donation/pledge.

I think that in a Low Level Fiesta, the lowest I could get is a party average of 7 9 10 sheesh that's twice what a normal LL playthrough would have..

I've registered a Team750 run, because let's face it I'm going to get a lot more out of the Mage classes for a LL4JF.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 8, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

You also need a source of non-elemental magic damage, but you have that with Summoner.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Schwartzcough posted:

And The Run will use Monk, Red Mage, Ranger, Dancer. In the end, people always want to see other suffer more than they want to start the fiesta early.

That's still not very bad.

Monk and Red Mage make World 1 easy enough, Ranger's Rapidfire helps make up for Monk's slowdown in end game and Red Mage can still be a decent support class with double casting heals. The Dancer is the only weak link really.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 13, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That reminds me of the horrid Freelancer Only Challenge "Guide" up on Gamefaqs which is pretty much all "Break Rods"

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Let my Low Level Fiesta attempt begin.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

berenzen posted:

Water job is Red Mage. Looks like I'm still in the back row. How many black mages should I swap out for red mage for the white magic? 1?

Go for 3 Red Mages and a single Black Mage if you like.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So, I had to pick between it being mathmatically possible to beat Magissa with a 2/1/1/3 All Black Mage Party, or Mathmatically possible to beat Garula with a 2/1/1/3 all Black Mage party.

:sigh:

Guess I'll have to gain a level or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hey kids!

Do you like constantly resetting and hoping the RNG lets you scrape by with a miraculous series of rolls?

Then go ahead and fight Garula with an incredibly low leveled All Black Mage Party!

:suicide:

On the plus side, I have Time Mage now, which means I now have some level proof offense later in the game.

• Locked thread