Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Gilgabot isn't getting my tweets it looks like. I was able to pre-register just fine, my twitter security settings haven't been touched since.

I'm pretty sure gilgabot is running into the max tweet limit hard. Have you checked the site to see if you got a job there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Seravadon posted:

This means I win, right?

Depends if that last one is chemist or not.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Unfortunately I missed the fadeout from Omega but whatever. I beat him anyway.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Anyone have some tips for Dealing with Melusine with Monk/Geomancer/Chemist/Time Mage ? My main sorcue of damage has kind of dried up as I've run out of Turtle shells and I can't go restock since you have to pass the guardian tree to get out of the desert.

She just melts under the dominant geomancy for the area especially once she goes into her fourth phase. If you have reflect rings, you can do it without even taking damage and having to heal.

Edit: A bit of hyperbole due to being overleveled but I also had to fight her healing herself without me having haste. If you can do any damage really with it you should be fine.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Edward_Tohr posted:

If all else fails, hit her with space rocks.

(she doesn't have some bullshit counter to Comet, right?)

Oh wait that reminds me if you stocked up on rods, if you break a few fire ones on her first thing in the fight she melts too.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

More Fartz!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Deki posted:

I just blew up the barrier tower, how far into the game am I?

Having no real healing capacity as Beast/BM/Zerk/Monk kind of sucks.

You're about 1/2 to 3/4 through depending on how much of W3 you do.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

hubris.height posted:

so my strategy of getting all the "increase odds of sword dance" gear and equipping it to each member of my party isn't going to work

i guess that each piece of gear can only be equipped by dancers... and freelancers..

You can get another one by equiping the dancer's "Equip Ribbons" passive on someone with the dancing dagger.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Is there anywhere in the merged world where one could farm turtle shells?

Square F-6

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Bufuman posted:

So, is there any reason to consider doing a Fiesta run on the iOS version? I got it for that purpose (and because it was on sale), but after a bit, I decided that I miss fast forward too much, so unless there's a bonus to playing iOS instead, I'll be sticking with the GBA version on VBA.

It generally looks worse, has most of the exploits fixed, and plays worse. The only reason is if you're on the go that much.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

thetoughestbean posted:

So, my team is Thief, Black Mage, Geomancer, and Chemist. I'm thinking of taking on Omega and Shinryu. Is it possible with this setup?

You have a chemist, so yes. Chemist is the most broken poo poo. Some dude soloed both Omega and Shinryu with a chemist.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Mountaineer posted:

Second run done :toot:

I did not bother to fight Shinryu as I forgot to get Coral Rings, oh well.

You could just blind and berserk him with your chemist.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

oldskool posted:

Chaos run 2: Bard/Chemist/???/???
:getin: The Gilgabot smiles upon me!

Congrats on your triple crown

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

Anything I should make sure to do before leaving world 1? I'm playing Monk Summoner Ranger Samurai. Already have plenty of rods and elixirs.

Have you grabbed Shiva, Ramuh, and the other summons that I think Walse sells? Because if not, you can't get them for a long while. I don't even think you can actually get Shiva if you miss her.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

So I have Summoner/Samurai/Berserker/Berserker. I got to the seal guardians and had trouble because the berserkers kept putting them in flip-out range before I could wipe them out. I eventually just took away their weapons so they punched for zero damage and I could set up the double !zeninage.

Except one of my berserkers is Galuf.

I forgot what happened after the seal guardians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVsanc6cen4

Well now I know what hell sounds like.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Koobes posted:

Any suggestions for NED vs. Dragoon/dragoon/red mage/geomancer? It feels like I hit a wall finally here because of my lack of outgoing damage.

Equip everyone with geomancy and air knife. Laugh at people who call it useless. Do decent damage to every part.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Maleketh posted:

Yeah, people like to mention Moldwynds for Elixir farming, but half the enemies in the Ship graveyard (Calcruthls and Undead Husks) can drop them too.

If you have a chemist, outside of Karnak you can also farm for them from Zus while farming turtle shells. Elixers aren't that rare in this game.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

I don't think that Soul Cannon could bear my strategy.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

David Corbett posted:

Aight. Sounds like way more jobs are feasible in FFV than I had previously thought. For the FJF, what are the worst pulls for each Crystal? Thief/monk, berserker, geomancer and dancer or dragoon, right?

E: Kyrosiris, wouldn't a rapid fire chicken knife have a chance to proc flee?

Earth doesn't really have a bad pull. The worst is probably Dragoon and even that's decent. It just doesn't really do anything special.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

zolthorg posted:

The most pointless triple crown ever, who grinds to level 75 to beat Shinryu with one Coral Ring and no Aegis Shield?

Big: http://i.imgur.com/GrZhNTr.jpg

Congrats, but Jesus Christ what terrible filters do you have on.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

zolthorg posted:

Bullshit NTSC video cable filter is actually canon :colbert: the sprites were intended to be viewed blurred like that.

Not on the GBA!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Mikl posted:

I went over the list of things I can do with !mix, and the thing that stands out is that with Blessed Kiss I can break some of the game's scripting if I use it on some bosses (since I'm playing the SNES version). Is there a list of bosses I shouldn't use it on? (It's already mentioned not to use it on pre-NED Exdeath.)

Shinryu comes to mind because it'd just be better to actually berserk him.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Simply Simon posted:

So, Fork Tower with a caster team. I got a few ideas, but maybe I'm overlooking something obvious. I need to burn down Minotaur's 20k HP with Sword Dances, probably, and can only really use Equipment to make it somewhat possible...

Team is Dancer, Geomancer, Summoner, Black Mage.

I think with a Reflect Ring and Syldra power, Omniscient should be doable with a solo character, but I'm not incredibly sure; he can still kill me rather easily with Drain, right? If he is easy enough alone, then I could send three people on the other side, though I don't know if they will even help. Maybe just to toss healing.

Strongest attacking options are Chicken Knife and Assassin's Dagger, unless I am missing something. I haven't yet gone for Rainbow Dresses/Red Shoes, though I do have two Lamia's Tiaras; probably should do Phoenix first? Elven Mantles are possibly a better idea than any other accessory though, it's luck-based anyway.

Mirage Vest, maybe?

You can Gaia against Minotaur.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Simply Simon posted:

Yes, and that casts Tornado on mobile most of the time. I don't think there is actually a chance of success?

Oh you're on mobile. Sorry. Pretty much all my knowledge is based on the GBA.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Simply Simon posted:

No problem, of course. Actually, because of the removed level cap, Gaia has turned out spectacularily lovely for me; I've never seen so many failed reduce-to-single-digit-HP attacks. It's only really good in caves, one-hits most underground bosses with a casual cave-in :getin:.
But what would you have hoped for, Sonic Boom or another 1/4 max HP attack? Does that work? I mean, Tornado (or Twister in English, I guess) is not guaranteed, just far, far more common than I'd like.

Another Mobile thing to add to the pile btw...I was under the assumption that you could break Rods on your own party to Reflect the spell back? Can't seem to do that.

Wind Slash specifically is what I was thinking of which can do pretty good damage with an air knife

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Bufuman posted:

Yeah, Assassin's Dagger is the only legendary weapon MK can equip, but he can wear better stuff anyway. Unless you don't have any Attack substitutes like !Mug or !Jump, Chicken Knife is the way to go. If you're without such skills, the best route would be to grab the Enhancer from Istory Falls, assuming you're willing to do the Fork Tower.

EDIT: I had that happen one run, where I gave everyone Flame Rings but then the Blue Mage kept Aegis blocking my Firagas. I had to use an Elixir because he wouldn't stop blocking them.

Willing or not, you want to do Fork Tower if you have a mystic knight to get flare and holy.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Ghost-Slug posted:

I think I'm still going to aim to get the bestiary entry for as many enemies as I can. It was really satisfying going back to Walse Castle and punching the teeth out of those basement-dwelling Jacknapes and similarly I want to take out a Skull Eater even though there's very little gameplay benefit in doing so.

I'm definitely planning on farming for Turtle Shells and was thinking of abusing the prices in Lix to grab huge piles of items as well. Is it worth trying to gather Dark Matter from Prototypes?

If you can kill them, 8 should be all you need. Add in another one from Soul Cannon and you should have enough to get you through world 2.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

FrancoFish posted:

Third job is Red Mage, so I'm glad I farmed so many loving rods afterall.

Anyone know if you can dualcast Meteor? Because that could get a bit ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Not to mention that not running from battles just gets tiring. I've had a game with no way to mitigate the run chance and a warrior, but I still took the knife because never running away is a lot more tedious than it sounds and it already sounds pretty tedious.

• Locked thread