Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm so glad I found out about this and joined, I can finally finish FFV. In my short rush through the game so far, I've got Monk, Time Mage, and Ninja. Just hit everything twice and hope it doesn't kill you on the way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm in the final leg of world 1. Is it at all worth it to grind for the angel, coral, or flame rings? I mean, I haven't exactly been having trouble rocking everything with ninjas and barehanded.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Is there any way outside of the Chemist class to artificially level your guys? Because the monk's damage is starting to get really, really lackluster.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Well gently caress.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Anyway to get around floor damage without time magic? A friend is get ridiculously frustrated at the trench part of the game.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bufuman posted:

It's not quite capable of soloing the game on its own (mainly due to a serious lack of damage output unless you get Meteor), but it's quite literally a free pass against Omega and Shinryu. Congrats on your triple crown.

Is there some cheesing involved? Or is it just because Haste is that good?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Bufuman posted:

Cheese. You cast Quick, use the first turn to break a Poison Rod (you'll have to reflect it off your team against Omega and his permanent Auto-Reflect) then just sit there. Sap keeps ticking even during Quick, and since in-battle time isn't actually elapsing, it'll never wear off. Granted, it takes a while (several hours in both cases without fast forward), but it's probably the easiest way to kill both of them.

Awesome, on my way to triple crown!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

If nothing else, I recommend putting it in the [timg] tag.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

25 stolen War Hammers until I got my first Reflect Ring drop :negative:.

But it was a double drop, so that's nice! Also I will NEVER run out of poo poo to randomly throw now.

Reflect rings can be the absolute worst. My guys went from level 26 to 32 just grinding for drops in the tower. On the other hand, Atomos was a total chump when I got to him.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

"You think I sat around seven centuries munching on pizza?"
"Ha ha ha... Perhaps you should have taken the chance... You shall find no such tasty diversions in the afterlife!"

FFV's translation team knew exactly what it was doing. :allears:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Vil posted:

Reminds me of that one Tales of Phantasia translation back in the day.

"I bet Arche fucks like a tiger". Honestly, that was rather charming mostly because they didn't over do it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

axelsoar posted:

Final group set, is Samurai decent at all?

Samurai is literally a way to pay to win.

Kanpachi posted:

I want to say it's select?

Finally got the band all together. Thief/Time Mage/Beastmaster/Samurai. It was a bit of a shaky start but I solved most of my problems by throwing Sand Bears and Thunder Rods at them. Any synergies to look out for? At a glance I don't see anything in particular.

No idea about synergies, but once you get to the third world, you can break poison rods on any boss and then cast quick and just let everything steadily die from Bio's unstoppable sap.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

As long as you revive characters right before Atomos sucks them in, you should have enough time to deplete his HP with just about every party. You don't need Rapid Fire for this, especially since Sword Dance and Jump will do decent damage on their own.

If things are really desperate, you can start off the battle looking for that 25% chance of getting Sword Dance, but I otherwise wouldn't recommend trying to go that route since the other dances are abysmal in damage output.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Honestly, it's my first time through this game and after having nothing but knife users and monks the entire game, the chicken knife is silly good. Overkill even with sword dance at 9999 damage 50% of the time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Like Clockwork posted:

Sandworm is a fucker and I hate him. The only thing I hate more than this fight is the complete lack of healing outside of potions or elixir grinding.

Any hot sandworm tips for a Berserker/Bard party? Because brute forcing him sounds like even more of a horrible slog than it is right now.

Kill your berserker and then proceed with life.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Also, he has access to a healing pond in the castle. Just go north immediately in the room you start in.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I've found the downside to the poison rod quick combo on Omega. He takes loving forever to die, even on fast forward.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Pictures of the Treasure Obtained: Omega Seal screen are fine. :)

drat right they are.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Shinryu down via Quicksap. That took so much less time than Omega.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Out of curiosity, does Quicksap skip over the second phase of ExDeath if you use it on him?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That's victory and a triple crown for my first time through the fiesta and the game in general! I don't think I'll do the extra dungeon stuff though as while this team eventually found an effective set of strategies, it got rather tedious having to dance my way to victory and occasionally getting a string of bad luck. Nevertheless, doing about 16000 damage per sword dance with Bartz is stupid and the occasional about 10000 more with Lenna via Dancing Dagger is icing on the cake.

Monk also went from "hold A to win" to glorified item supplier. At least the monk had the most durability out of the team?

Ramos fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 4, 2015

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

XavierGenisi posted:

After much grinding, I beat Sandworm with my party of berserkers at level 42.

And so I steamrolled through the desert, and the ruins. and finally got my earth job, settling my final job loadout for my first fiesta run ever:

:shepicide:

Samurai? poo poo, here's your easy win on a gold platter with icing on top.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ugh, another monk as my first class in my second run. Pondering if I should even bother continuing.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Okay, I got Monk, Summoner, Geomancer, and Ranger. The party has been generally rear end except for Summoner, which I might well be running a one class team at this point. So beating the game is looking more than easy enough, is Shinryu or Omega remotely viable?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

AND PLAY EVERY LAST PIANO UNTIL YOUR FINGERS BLEED.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

derra posted:

Equip a Reflect Ring on someone and a Venom Rod on your Time Mage. Cast Quick, then Break the Venom rod on the reflect person, and just sit there.

Omega will die ... eventually.

Put the emulator on permanent fast forward and then go make lunch. If you don't have that, then just do it right before you go to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ha, I beat all three of the final bosses using a monk! Granted, no one mattered for two of them but the time mage with quick sap, but whatever.

• Locked thread