Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

3 more weeks? Glad I finally remembered to check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

InfernoBlade posted:

Consider the tree well-watered. Oh and I'm going to get my employer to match that.

Well... So there'll be a lot of 3 berserkers out there... I wonder if I'll be so blessed cursed blessed.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Edward_Tohr posted:

I-is Lenna flipping Exdeath off?

Better than whatever The Incredible Hulk is going to do there.

Hulk HEAL!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

That was the longest time it took to finish a fiesta run. Didn't help I'm trying to deal with 3 or 4 things simultaneously. Still, 2 of the other things should be done soon, and I can at least do half of my normal fiesta output.

Berserker Risk, White Mage, Berserker, Geomancer, Samurai. Everyone but Lenna Level 30, who was 28. Beat Shinryu. Shell was obviously a godsend for finishing it despite eating multiple Almagests and Grand Crosses. A pretty sloppy finish, but its good enough.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Just started my second run for chaos. Blue Mage, Beast Master, and Beast Master so far. Could be worse, but I'd have liked a different double job.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Fourth Job is Dragoon.

I am very sad now.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Good, finally got through the crystal guardians.

Really sucks that the only damage was possible was through aeroga or !jump. Really wished I grinded more in World 1 for flame rings.

Oh well, some day I'll have Big Guard, and dragon whiskers, and maybe a dragon lance.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bregor posted:

Just re-rolled a normal run. Knight / Zerker / Beastmaster / Chemist.

KNI/ZERK was the same as my first run, so I know this owns bones. First time using BST though so I'm excited to try it out.

Chemist flags every enemy as a dragon, Beastmaster and maybe Zerker rip them to shreds with the dragon whisker.

Y'know, if you don't use the chemist to cheese them in the other 50 possible ways to ruin their day.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Neo and Shinryu with Blue Mage Beast Masterx2 and Dragoon. (Chaos, but not too bad pacing)

Slow but steady wins the race.

I hope my next run has a little more pep though. 750 should fix that nicely :getin:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bufuman posted:

Probably gonna have to wait, sadly. Looks like RK has hit another lull of non-processing. Given that he's in Japan, he's probably asleep or something. It's 6:30am there now, so hopefully he gets up and on that soon.

I was afraid of that. Plus maybe gilgabot ran up against the tweet limit again, since I got the one verifying receipt of my shinryu win, but not a reply to Neo.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

The very act of attempting Neo with a solo Berserker will break your very mind and leave you gibbering in madness. But yeah, good luck!

What type of madman would do that? Someone that crazy would have to have a pretty regular LP schedule and doing some other Final Fantasy LP at the same time.

What are the odds?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

Monk, Summoner, Black Mage, Ranger

Playing on mobile. Is there an easy way to beat Shinryu nd/or Omega?

Shinryu is possible but not pleasant. Wonder Rod to Berserk and a ton of phoenix downs? Rapid Fire on Monk and Ranger to ignore defense. Lay on the air knife boosted syldras for the mages (or maybe syldra for all?)

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Giltoss and Air Knife boosted !Gaia against NED sound like a winner.

But yeah, everything before that will hurt.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Had horrible luck getting Aeroga. FYI Aegis blocked Aeroga from a crystal doesn't count as learned.

For some reason Metamorph that I tried learning it from before that (and just assumed it worked because why wouldn't it?!) didn't take either. So now third time is the charm... maybe.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Finally got my Aeroga. Took too long to get that A Rage to give me White Wind.

Said :fuckoff: to Exdeath and Lv2 Olded and spammed Lv5 Death until it stuck.

Now just need to get my Meteo on and Bio-cheese Omega. So maybe tomorrow I can stick a fork in it and debate making a fourth run.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I am quickleaking Omega as we speak. I'll keep you updated on this riveting situation as it unfolds.

Did I say riveting? I meant glacial.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Finished the 750 Blue/Time/Geo/Chem run with the triple kill.

Had plenty of elixirs so just decided to double everyones HP, even though Guardian effectively does that on its own. Then just chucked Aerogas and Wind Slashes at everyone. I think I missed killing the three front parts simultaneously by that much just due to damage variations, since the next turn Vac and Almagest died. Probably going to try and get my wife to play one last run before the end.

e:

quote:

I'm gonna Job Fair Samurai into Dragoon so that I'll have had every job in this year's Fiesta

I think thats the first time I've ever seen someone say that. I hope RK puts in the info graphic if you're the only one.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 8, 2015

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Heck, shell will cut Almagest in half. Blink will neuter Vac Wave. The only risk is a very, very nasty Grand Cross roll.
Grand cross won't last long when the Bard destroys it with Apollo's harp.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

texasmed posted:

I did too much grinding as well and I got to this point in the game before getting pretty burned out:

http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff5/walkthrough.php?chapter=3-9

What can I skip to get to the end of the game? I've never beaten this before. I think half of this guide just has you getting more of the ultimate weapons, of which I already have enough for the party. Do I do all of the interdimensional rifts now?

edit: doing a natural run Black Mage 35, Berserker 34, Ninja 35, Samurai 33. All have fire rings so the Black Mage can do healing

edit 2: gonna see if I can just get through by watching a speed run video and seeing where they go

As long as you got the Magus Rod, Assassins Dagger, Sasuke's Knife and Masamune from the tablets you don't need to do more.

Doing fork tower for Flare would be nice, but not imperative since you really want to use elemental spells that can be boosted with the Magus Rod.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, all* berserker parties beat the game.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The last couple years I did ~12 each. This year I only did 3. Just a busy summer this time sadly.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

When I was going full tilt it was probably about... 2-3 hours each night, fast forwarded through most fights and dungeons besides Dr. Clapperclaw's speed trap. So about 4 days, give or take depending on weekends and junk. So 12-15ish wins.

So either they play more, fastforward more, or are more aggressive about trying to keep low levels. Unless I had a blue mage or white mage, I'd usually grind to be able to eat Almagest without dying.

Oh yeah, and I'd have a raw save right after the wind shrine. Since not even fast forwarding will save you from the intro video which would take another 2-3 hours to dredge through. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bufuman posted:

Also, 2-3 hours? That sounds generous even if you're not fast-forwarding through the intro. My own FJF start-point save is just after getting the wind jobs, viewing the overnight scenes in Tule at Zok's and the inn (the one with Bartz and Galuf freaking out over Faris' bishie power) and viewing the scene on the ship afterward. It would probably take me an hour to see all of that from the beginning of the game, even without fast forward, and maybe 15 minutes with it.

It just seems like 2-3 hours. To listen to Lenna talk slowly to the King.

• Locked thread