Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Gonna be my first time playing FF5, but gently caress it. Kept meaning to get around to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I like how going to the FJF main page tells you literally nothing because for some reason the bar that links to things like Players, Streams, and Help is just... not there, even though it's there on every other page on the site :shrug:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bufuman posted:

IIRC they were valuable for the longest time in FFXI, primarily because of Refresh, one of the best buffs in the game (restores a bit of MP every few seconds, making it a godsend for casters like White and Black Mage). Since the level required for Refresh was 41, you couldn't use RDM as a sub and keep refresh, because subjobs only get half the level of your current prime job, and the max level was 75 for years and years. Eventually, however, they gave in and upped the level cap to the usual 99, so I'm guessing RDMs are subjob fodder (I wouldn't exactly know, I haven't actually played the game in years, and didn't even get very far; most of my info about high-level play comes from the now-defunct [GM]Dave's blog).
While I also haven't played since ToAU, I do know they solved this specific problem in the most obvious way possible!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
First blind playthrough going well!

Black Mage/loving Berserker/Ranger/Samurai, GBA version.

My one question: Is there an easy in-game way to see the stat changes from equipping an ability? I know they exist because !Black gives my Samurai enough magic that some bosses end up with him in the back row throwing these -ga spells I jut got. Rather not have to look it up on the Internet, you know?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Black Mage/Berserker/Samurai/Ranger.

I know literally nothing. Can I take down Omega or Shinryu, or should I just chalk up my first win and move on?

I assume the latter - no good status ailment access, though I'm set for damage between !Rapid Fire and !Zeninage - but for specifically the optional superbosses I'm fine asking for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Not bad for never having played this game before! (is there still someone's pledge running for that?)

(The pictures, however, are atrocious. Don't care, regging for another run, FF5 is awesome.)

e: and thank god everyone else ALSO messes up Shinryu killshots. That just made me feel stupid!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 29, 2015

• Locked thread