Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This year. This year I will beat those optional bosses. I don't care what it takes.

I loved playing it on my game boy micro last year but I'll just do it on GBA.EMU for Android this year because it looks great and I kinda need the fast forward button at this point. I am EXCITED OH BOY I LOVE FF5 FIESTA :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Just saw this for the first time and HOLY poo poo :worship:

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Are there any ways for freelancers to exploit Liquid Flame's weaknesses somehow? Can't seem to keep up enough item healing with those firas that basically one-shot me.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Welp time to try out this "rod breaking" malarkey I guess

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Cool, thanks!

e. holy poo poo. Nope, 2 rods is plenty

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 26, 2015

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

The Mattybee posted:

I've been waiting like 12 hours for my run to be approved. Does it normally take this long?

Have you checked the player list on the site to see if you're there? Sometimes the twitter bot can be slow to reply though you're in the system. http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Trying to beat Byblos with 4 Beastmasters. The guide I'm looking at suggests going back to catch turtles, then releasing them on page 256 to weaken them enough to catch them before they use Moon Flute, which sounds pretty bloody irritating. Short of that, anything else I should look out for?

e: just noticed the page 32 catching tip on the last page, I'll give that a shot...
e: rip byblos

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 26, 2015

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
OK, I put the game down for a while after getting stuck but I really want to push through and see what my fourth job is. I'm at the Sandworm boss with Bard and 3x Beastmaster (guess there's no reason to have more than one bard, as good as they are) and can't beat this thing down. I tried capturing a Dhorme Chimera but can't even get close to getting its health down before it wipes my party effortlessly. Never had any problems with this boss before but this job combination is killing me. Any tips?

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Currently trying to beastmaster the Soul Cannon with not a whole lot of luck, does anyone have suggestions on the best monster to catch for it?

Thanks to everyone who's dropped beastmaster tips already, I'd still be stuck otherwise.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mikl posted:

Currently just past the Big Bridge section. It owned.
Same! I struggled up to the fourth crystal with a bard and beastmasters, some bosses were absolute bastards requiring very specific strategies but now that I'm past that, I've been assigned two chemists and I'm starting to realise just how much easier this game is going to get. Even without the double potion effectiveness, just having access to hi-potions is such a relief. Oh and that first town in world 2 just sells a bunch of weapons and gear exactly catering to my classes which is great.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Bard/Beastmaster/Chemist/Chemist and oh my god world 2 was so easy. I never imagined Atomos, Crystals and Exdeath fights being so trivial. I've beaten the game a couple of times before but never gotten into utilising Chemist properly before.

But now I'm about to go into the pyramid and I'm out of Turtle Shells, will I be able to farm some soon? I'm not too worried since I know I can just use Requiem on everything in the pyramid for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I also did only one run this year, but didn't dedicate so much time to it as life (also, Heavensward) diverted my attention from it and running the game once per year is more than enough for me so I took my sweet time.

Despite having a good party (beastmaster, bard, chemist, chemist) I didn't beat it until 3 days after the fiesta ended. A bit of a bummer in that regard, but it was still satisfying to see the ending screen after such a slow burn. It was good to be forced into learning how OP chemist is, too! I did have chemist one year but my other members were such good damage dealers that I didn't have to bother learning to utilise !Mix. Sure would've made things a bit easier though :v:

Loved Chaos mode too, definitely doing that next year if nothing new comes up.

• Locked thread