Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I always do my FJF runs over netplay with a friend of mine (the SNES versions of 5 and 6 have co-op), which makes it a lot more fun but also makes speed fuckery not really an option. It also sorta sucks when you just get one Berserker since that person is effectively only controlling one character from then on, but otherwise it's great and I encourage everyone else to give it a whirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Maybe it's because FFV always felt like a more lighthearted and silly game than lots of the others, but it's hard finding decent FFV fan art. Fortunately some people seem good at capturing the game's spirit

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any good mods for the SNES version? The GBA version lacks co-op so it's right out for me, unfortunately.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Krile's "readied action" pose is one of my favorites because she just looks so pissed off

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kyrosiris posted:

The real question is, why are you fighting random encounters that aren't objets d'art/reflect knights? :v:

So I've heard people here say that levels are the least important resource in FFV, or something like that. Why is that, I don't really get why you'd want to run all the time, it seems like that'd catch up with you unless you had an instant death trick for the bosses.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Poque posted:

there's a weapon called the Chicken Knife that gains power for every battle you've run from. It gets obscene and is the best weapon in the game.

there are also a LOT of instant-death tricks for bosses. :getin:

Well I'm aware of the chicken knife but it's pretty trivial to get to the needed encounter flee count, but people sorta imply you should be running long past that

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

gatesealer posted:

This may have already been asked/answered, but what does Job fair mean? You replace a class you got with a different one?

Basically. It's a tool to get more charity money. If you don't like one of your classes you can pay dollars to pick a new one, with the better jobs being more expensive.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Someone make the all class unlock mod for the SNES version so I can do chaos without having to use freelancers. God bless.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Use the GBA version with the SNES music/graphics patch if the unlock thing only exists for the GBA version? Using freelancers early on is fine though.

I play co-op with a friend of mine for the FJF and the GBA version doesn't have that unless a patch exists or something

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I always name him Galuf

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jibo posted:

I'm hoping it just re-rolls your previous jobs each crystal

This is what I really want yeah, though you really don't spend a ton of time between each crystal, most of the game is post-Earth. But all random is ok too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If I have a party of Freelancers (because Chaos) when I fight Garula, is it generally worthwhile to break the ice rod to take him out? It sounds like a dreadful fight but I'm worried I won't get anything from the second crystal to make Liquid Flame not awful and it might be better to save the rod for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Oh right, whoops.

• Locked thread