Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Is there a low-spoiler "make sure you (don't) do this" guide for this game? I never beat it, I don't remember how far I got (...I think I rode a dragon to or from the castle in the intro?), I'd like to beat it for the first time in the upcoming Fiesta, I just don't want to find out at the end that I crippled myself by opening one too many chests or not talking to the end boss's ex-landlord and learning his secret weakness.

I don't care about story spoilers so much I just don't want to actually follow a walkthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

:agreed: This argument has reached the point where it's just cyclical. Maybe I'll try a warm-up run, or try to finish FF9 before prereg starts.
I've never beaten this game but what I have learned from the thread is that every single class that isn't singularly powerful in its own right is the absolute worst, sometimes

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

An enemy that is a one-time monster-in-a-box there, isn't it? They're normal enemies in Istory Falls, but by the time you can do Istory Falls you can do the Trench. So you'd have to SR that chest constantly, which makes it... not very much less tedious.
What does "SR" mean? Save/Reset?

• Locked thread