Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
The Royal Guillotine There can only be one supreme ruler of everything and that is Susan MEGAQUEEN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

AweStriker posted:

I think we all know there's only one real answer.

ALL the cheese strats!

Sure, why not.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:catstare:

God, at least Ur-Devil has a set pattern you can systematically defuse.

I've seen the first two methods, but I don't know how the electric chair method goes, so I'm voting that. But if all three is an option that's even better, this abomination doesn't deserve to die only once.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Electric chair is news to me as well.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
All three if allowed, The Royal Guillotine if there can only be one.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Electric Chair.

Now I understand why the deep city wanted the labyrinth locked away.

Also, I'm glad I never bothered to complete the postgame, jeeze.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Electric Chair
I'm curious how the Yggdroids will handle it. I do have some ideas after looking trough their skillset, but I'm not able to figure out an actual strategy.

This reminds me, the Yggdroids sounds like really fun concept in another game where you don't have a skillpoint system and therefore can have a lot more skills available.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's a real shame this fight is so horrendous, it's really aesthetically impressive and cool and I seem to remember the music track being good.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

McDragon posted:

It's a real shame this fight is so horrendous, it's really aesthetically impressive and cool and I seem to remember the music track being good.

It's definitely the coolest fight when you're not the one playing it.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
THE ELECTRIC CHAIR :black101:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well, looks like everyone who wanted to vote has voted, so THE FINAL VOTE IS CLOSED! Results:

The Electric Chair: 22

The Royal Guillotine: 9
The Firing Squad: 6
Overthrow the Queen: 0

All of the above I told you to vote for one choice :argh:: 4

My choice: 1

Looks like The Electric Chair wins out!

I'm surprised there wasn't even a single vote for a fair and square fight. I guess you're all content with the mad queen's rule. :v: (Incidentally, she was my favorite character to write for in this LP.)

Now I'm currently preoccupied with Super Mario Odyssey, so I can't say when the update will come out though. Probably won't be for a long while. (Look, when your options are "fight against a shittily designed video game boss" and "play a drat good game", that's not really a hard choice to make. :v:)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There is no such thing as a fair and square fight with the Abyssal God. Either you bullshit him to death, or he bullshits you

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Pureauthor posted:

There is no such thing as a fair and square fight with the Abyssal God. Either you bullshit him to death, or he bullshits you

If you want a picture of fighting the Abyssal God legitimately, imagine a tentacle rolling dice for twelve minutes before stamping on a DS, forever.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Clearly there is one last thing to be done.

Let MEGAQUEEN say gently caress.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Clearly there is one last thing to be done.

Let MEGAQUEEN say gently caress.

I have been blessed by the MS Paint fairy. :allears:

Added this (and that writeup of the Abyssal God) to the OP.

I hearby decree: "gently caress this tentacular abomination."

You might want to run. I already see Faye rushing over here with a bar of soap in her hand.

Alright, whose potty mouth needs washing!?

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
If you're only going to do one execution, can you add a short summary of the other execution methods?

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Crystalgate posted:

If you're only going to do one execution, can you add a short summary of the other execution methods?

This would be nice. It'd be interesting to know at least HOW you'd go about all of them.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

I have been blessed by the MS Paint fairy. :allears:

Added this (and that writeup of the Abyssal God) to the OP.

I hearby decree: "gently caress this tentacular abomination."

You might want to run. I already see Faye rushing over here with a bar of soap in her hand.

Alright, whose potty mouth needs washing!?

You forget. She has a gun.

gently caress making the meter fit, it was hard enough finding a rhyme for labyrinth at all.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

gently caress making the meter fit, it was hard enough finding a rhyme for labyrinth at all.

Say it quick enough and it fits. :golfclap:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Added to the OP. :golfclap:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I am sad to say that the electric chair is currently malfunctioning. The drat thing refuses to be electrocuted, and is casting Abyssal Offering in situations that are extremely unlikely (A 1 in 1000 chance, mind you) or outright impossible. (On a turn it was supposed to cast Dark Lightning, it cast Abyssal Offering instead. This was when it was above 75% HP. :psyduck:)

Not sure what I'm going to do if this thing continues to refuse to cooperate.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
The Abyssal God is actually secretly reading this thread and has now prepared for your cheese tactic.
It wanted to vote for "Fair and Square" but couldn't make it past the captcha - and now you are suffering its revenge. :tinfoil:

On a somewhat related note: how would you go about resetting the RNG in a DS game?
From what I gather all "random" events will always be the same if you take the same actions from loading up a file until they happen - so do you just run around a bit in the first stratum or is more work involved to change your seed?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
It's reading your inputs outside of the game?

:atlus:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

I am sad to say that the electric chair is currently malfunctioning. The drat thing refuses to be electrocuted, and is casting Abyssal Offering in situations that are extremely unlikely (A 1 in 1000 chance, mind you) or outright impossible. (On a turn it was supposed to cast Dark Lightning, it cast Abyssal Offering instead. This was when it was above 75% HP. :psyduck:)

Not sure what I'm going to do if this thing continues to refuse to cooperate.

So you would say... the indescribable god has awakened, huh?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_0TeykT5NA

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The execution was a resounding success! :toot:

werbear posted:

On a somewhat related note: how would you go about resetting the RNG in a DS game?
From what I gather all "random" events will always be the same if you take the same actions from loading up a file until they happen - so do you just run around a bit in the first stratum or is more work involved to change your seed?

The seed depends on your DS' clock (In fact, a lot of DS games do this.) So you either just start up the game at a different time or just get into a few battles and do random things if you want to dislodge the RNG. However, soft resetting the game sets the combat RNG seed to the same value every time (In the DS EO games, this is a value of 1192. The maximum possible value is 65535, for the record.) So if you're soft resetting, you'll have to advance the combat RNG seed through just playing around. However the field RNG seed (This is the thing that determines particle effects in the Labyrinth and the limits of your encounter radar) is far more volatile. EO2 and EO3 actually has it advance every frame (while EO1's is static until you take certain actions.)

For the record, the RNG formula in the DS EO games is: newRNG = (RNG * 109 + 1021) modulo 65535

Granted I'm not sure what any of you can do with this information unless you're in the TASing or speedrunning scenes :v: Which makes heavy usage of RNG abuse. For example, killing most of the Stratum bosses with a Tiger since the only bosses that are immune to Instant Death are the Gatekeeper and the Abyssal God.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Is it just going to be a video?

Also, congrats!

Please don't fight it fair and square.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
drat that is a NICE solution to the various problems with the fight. Reflection completely shuts down its elemental attacks, you have one dedicated HP Cannon bot to do consistent damage, and the other Yggdroid just baits weak counterattacks.

Did it not cast Spurting Fumes at all? Or does Virus Scanner just outright block it since each ailment has such a low success chance?

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Congrats on a successful execution! Looking forward to seeing how you write it up!

On a side note; I'd personally love it if Faye and the rest of the team spent all this time planning how to take down that abomination and then Smith shows up and is all like, "Oh that? Yeah, me a a couple of buddies already took care of it. Who wants milk?"

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Congrats on a successful execution! Looking forward to seeing how you write it up!

On a side note; I'd personally love it if Faye and the rest of the team spent all this time planning how to take down that abomination and then Smith shows up and is all like, "Oh that? Yeah, me a a couple of buddies already took care of it. Who wants milk?"

Hey, Faye DOS and Tug Bot are made by the guild you know.

The team comes together to beat them up.

By using their 'masterpieces'.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

McFrugal posted:

drat that is a NICE solution to the various problems with the fight. Reflection completely shuts down its elemental attacks, you have one dedicated HP Cannon bot to do consistent damage, and the other Yggdroid just baits weak counterattacks.

Did it not cast Spurting Fumes at all? Or does Virus Scanner just outright block it since each ailment has such a low success chance?

It just decided not to cast Spurting Fumes for this fight. Not that it matters, because Virus Scanner reduces Spurting Fumes' success rate so drastically that seeing it land a single ailment is really rare. I'll go into more detail on why this setup works in the actual update.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
I still want to know what the Guillotine method is about.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I'm glad my silly character idea that wasn't completely thought out managed to come back in the final battle :v:

The Yggdroid gimmicks seem so neat for being able to do so much, but making them really shine seems to involve a smaller team of just Yggdroids most of the time, which doesn't really seem fun for a regular playthrough. Congrats on being able to do this, can't wait for the update to explain everything.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

RegalStar posted:

I still want to know what the Guillotine method is about.

Pretty sure it involves setting up a massive Tagen Battou. That's the only reason to use a Gladiator/Ninja.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Goddamn I'm going to have to give that method a go. Normally I just go with the tagen bataou method but some variety never hurts.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

McFrugal posted:

Pretty sure it involves setting up a massive Tagen Battou. That's the only reason to use a Gladiator/Ninja.

There's one other reason, and that's Bunshin being the only other way a Gladiator can boost their damage through subclassing, as they already have access to Berserker Vow.

Of course, that never really got displayed in the LP, as every time Rose got voted in, Cassandra came along. And a 2nd Hoplite is far more useful than a 2nd Gladiator.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
The firing squad gotta be the Gladiator/Shogun combo employing the Warrior's Might cheese. I think we voted for the method that requires the most explaining.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 105: Once Is Never Enough

Last time, I asked the audience how the Abyssal God should die. Well the results are in, and here’s what they voted for!

quote:

The Electric Chair: 22
The Royal Guillotine: 9
The Firing Squad: 6
Overthrow the Queen: 0

So we’ll be watching the Abyssal God die to Yggdroids, one of the worst classes in the game. Let’s see it in action.

This kill method only requires 3 Yggdroids. No more, no less.

Operational and reporting for duty. Commencing operation: “Beating the ever-loving poo poo out of the Evil One.”

Remember these guys? Yeah, the runner up submissions for the Yggdroids are here to help! FayeDOS here will be playing the role of the “Lightning Rod.” She won’t be doing too much other than using regular attacks. Oh, and her Knife has a Fire forge on it. Yes, this is an important detail.

Let’s mop up this mess of tentacles!

Smith will be playing the role of the “Cannoneer”, which involves him being our main damage dealer in this fight.

My fleet is ready to go!

Tug Bot here is the “Bot Master”. And he has the most important support role in this fight.

And here’s the Limit setup I’m using for this fight. It’s very important that the Cannoneer has the Indomitable Limit fully charged before you get into the fight.

Oh and for the record, I didn’t bother killing off any of the Tentacles. In fact, you don’t want to if you’re using this kill method.

:black101:Video: Abyssal God:black101:

The Lightning Rod and the Bot Master should Rocket Jump on the 1st turn, while the Cannoneer sets up Indomitable and summons a Blue Bot.

There’s a lot of setup involved in this before we can get to killing the darn thing, so in order for this method to work, the following actions have to be followed to the letter.

Nothing’s gonna bring this tin can down!

Flight status achieved. Current mood: WHOOHOOHOOHOO!

I’m an airship now!

You cannot burn me! I’m already ablaze with passion, for kicking your rear end!

You’re up, Blooey!

FayDOS and Tug Bot will summon some bots, while Smith blocks the Abyssal God’s next attack with Reflector, which acts like a prophecy in that if the appropriate colored bot is out, all elements of that attacking type will be blocked and the attacker will take damage from that bot for their troubles. In fact, if all 3 bots are out, all elemental damage can be straight up blocked with one cast of Reflector.

Go on standby for a bit, will ya?

Deniiiiied~!

Oh, so that’s what this does.

Go, my little life boat!

FayDOS will bind her arms so she won’t have TP issues throughout this phase.

Smith will destroy his bot so Tug Bot can deploy a stronger bot later.

And Tug Bot will prevent our team from getting electrocuted.

I’m afraid you won’t be frying this crew!

You can go straight to the junkyard now.

Hmm, ineffective. What a shame.

FayDOS will protect the party this turn.

Smith will be setting up for something that will come into play in a bit.

While Tug Bot will place another bot.

Basically what’s going on in this portion of the fight is that bots are being placed by the Lightning Rod and Cannoneer so that the party doesn’t all die right away, and control of the bots is being slowly handed to the Bot Master. This is because Reflector is going to be the main skill that the Bot Master makes use of, but Reflector only works with the user’s own bots. Hence control of the bots being slowly handed over to him.

This is also why I engaged the Abyssal God with all 8 Tentacles alive, as that makes the fight a lot more predictable since I don’t have to account for the random Regenerator casts that screw with its attack pattern.

Try that again. No really, it will make things easier for us.

SYSTEM CRASH. ENTERING LOW POWER MODE.

And with that, we’re ready to go on the offensive.

And Tug Bot can protect us from Ice and Volt attacks in the meantime.

Initiating offensive maneuvers!

All Out doesn’t really do much, but I might as well have her do something, since she has very little to do right now.

DEPLOYING EMERGENCY ARTILLERY.

And there’s the main form of damage in our party. While the Abyssal God has a 10% resistance to physical and elemental attacks, it takes the normal amount of damage from Almighty attacks. So now we can whittle it down.

Oh, and I had Smith (and the other Yggdroids) take Infravision and tackled the Abyssal God at night put the kibosh on any potential accuracy issues that may arise.

And yeah, we’re pretty much set for this phase. Just have the Cannoneer cast HP Cannon, have the Lightning Rod cast Reflector on turns where the Abyssal God casts Magma Ocean, and have the Bot Master cast Reflector otherwise.

Oh, but have the Bot Master cast Rocket Punch once the Lightning Rod casts Reflector again.

Incoming from port and starboard!

Getting a 2nd bind on Tug Bot lets him recover TP a lot more easily, meaning that he can now cast Reflector without depleting his TP pool.

Eventually...

And so begins phase 2.

:siren::siren:

I have to say that this song is really amazing. Give a listen, now that we’re actually fighting this thing instead of wiping to it this time.

Now we got some free turns, so I’m gonna take the opportunity for FayDOS to finally discard that Red Bot so Tug Bot can deploy his own.

These two don’t need to do anything now.

You’ve served your purpose quite well.

It’s important that these two get their legs unbound.

Ideally Tug Bot would also join in on that, but he needs to deploy the last bot.

REBOOTING. Well that was a nice nap. Now back to work!

Commencing system recovery. Reboot successful.

Chaotic Beckon is coming out this turn, so I need for FayDOS and Smith to avoid it.

The bots are going to get damaged, so Tug Bot will repair them after the Abyssal God attacks.

WHEEEHEEHEEHEEEE!

A bit of refueling never hurt anyone.

Don’t forget to have your Cannoneer reapply Core Dump so they can go back to spamming HP Cannon.

Oh and here’s an important detail to know for as to why this setup works. The defense form does not resist Almighty attacks. This means that Smith can always be on the offensive and always deal damage instead of having the Abyssal God bring the momentum of the fight to a screeching halt.

Also you’re gonna want to apply some Cut Mist to deal with Rising Claw on the next turn.

Demon Rage was cast, but thanks to everyone wearing 2 Crush Amulets, it does nothing!

And since Yggdroids are slow, the Cut Mist was applied after the Abyssal God took its turn, letting us avoid having the buff dispelled too early.

However, Tug Bot is going to have to resupply the bots.

Because while the bots copy the equipment of the summoners, they can’t be affected by buffs.

Oh and FayDOS’ Knife having a Fire forge has an important effect.

Namely that it triggers bot chasers, which deal a decent amount of damage to the Abyssal God. It’s not much, but this isn’t really a fast kill method. It’s really more about dealing chip damage which all adds up.

And this is why the Cannoneer has the Indomitable Limit equipped, as Chaos Tentacle will be going after them. Indomitable lets them survive that.

This is pretty much gonna be what these 3 do for the rest of the battle.

Reflector actually deals a decent amount of damage to the Abyssal God while it is in offense mode.

Eventually its HP gets low enough so that it’ll start randomizing its attack pattern.

Right on time.

How curious. Even poking it ever so slightly provokes such an adverse reaction.

And this is FayDOS’ role as the Lightning Rod. The Abyssal God reads your inputs while it’s in defensive mode, and will cast Abyssal Offering if you don’t trigger a counterattack. FayDOS is a solution for that, as she uses incredibly weak attacks so that Nameless Wall doesn’t do much. In fact, thanks to that Fire forge on her Knife, Mist Curtain is also triggered by her normal attacks. Meaning that the Abyssal God only has a 0.1% chance of doing something other than a counterattack. (4.41% chance when it starts getting really low on HP.) And Spurting Fumes? If that attack comes out (which it didn’t in this fight), that’s what Virus Scanner is for. It lowers the infliction rates so much that seeing it inflict anything is really rare. And bots cannot be hit by ailments, so there’s no need to worry about them.

So basically I can just Attack, use HP Cannon, and cast Reflector all battle. The Abyssal God doesn’t have much of an answer to my setup. Its elemental attacks are entirely nullified by the Bot Master casting Reflector. Everything the Defense form can do is nullified by the Lightning Rod, and the Cannoneer can just constantly attack with HP Cannon. Indomitable will have to be refreshed if Chaos Tentacle, Chaotic Beckon, or Rising Claw come out, but the elemental attacks are far more likely to be seen.

This setup basically locks down the Abyssal God by taking away so much of its options, all while it is slowly whittled down. Eventually...

It goes down! Basically this setup has a lot of the tools to deal with the Abyssal God’s shenanigans. However, it’s not without its weaknesses. This team cannot handle an enraged Abyssal God. Once that turn count goes past 40, the chances of victory become very slim since Rising Claw will kill off the bots, and possibly your Yggdroids as well. So if even a single Abyssal Offering goes off past the scripted portion, your run is pretty much screwed. Two casts of Rising Claw will pretty much kill off the bots, and with that any form of defense you had. There’s no time to cast Resupply or use a Cut Mist once the Abyssal God starts randomizing. Chaos Tentacle going off too often will kill off the Cannoneer, and pretty much shuts down any form of offense you had going on. Granted, due to the way the AI works, those moves aren’t as likely to be seen, as this setup minimizes the opportunities the RNG can interfere in. But it is a real possibility.

And that my friends, is why metal will never die!

Uhh, Smithy?

Yeah, Faye?

Where are you gonna find 2 other Yggdroids to help you out with this?

And for that matter, Yggdroids that are strong enough to take that thing on?

...Oh. Uhhh, guess I didn’t think that part through. Say, what happened to FayDOS and Tug Bot anyway?

Uhh, FayDOS and I came to the understanding that... she should be sent to the big junkyard in the sky...

Oh.

And I would love to rebuild Tug Bot, but somebody is being stingy with their boat!

It’s not even our boat! It belongs to the Senatus!

Sure Scott, sure. Whatever you say.

Uh, right. Anyways, this idea obviously isn’t gonna work out. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Ooh ooh! I have a brilliant plan! Now listen closely...

You didn’t think I would be satisfied with killing that poorly designed abomination once, did you? Oh no no no, I’m going to make it suffer as much as I can. Terribly designed bosses such as that don’t deserve to die just once. Now since the Royal Guillotine was the second most popular choice, I’ll be showing that next.

Method 2: The Royal Guillotine

Ohohoho! This execution shall be a sight to behold!

This method requires a Prince/Hoplite. Not a Hoplite/Prince, as they are too slow. Pierce Amulets are optional, but they can be helpful.

It’s not as big as my swords, but this should get the job done.

A Gladiator/Ninja is also required for this. You also want at least 2 Target Goggles to ensure that they don’t miss, since Gladiators don’t have great accuracy.

And here’s my Limit setup. You don’t need Uroboros Guard or Aegis Shield, Aegis Defense will do just fine. But the game won’t allow you to put those on a 2-man party in normal circumstances. In order to equip those Limits, just put them on the intended users while you have a full party, and then just only choose those characters when deciding what your formation will be at the guild. The Limits you've equipped on them will still be there.

This is by far the easiest and most reliable cheese kill to pull off, and it’s one that most people go with due to those factors. In fact, you don’t need grind up the Prince/Hoplite and Gladiator/Ninja much at all. You just need them at a high enough level to snag all the skills I showcased. You do want to make sure that that Gladiator/Ninja is slower than the Abyssal God, but if that’s the case, that’s nothing a bit of resting can’t fix.

Another upside to this kill method? You don’t need to kill off all the Tentacles. You can leave 2 alive if you wish.

:rip:Video: Abyssal God:rip:

Since the Abyssal God will start off this phase with Proton Thunder, Antivolt is the skill I’ll be making use of.

Also gonna have Rose throw out a clone.

OHO! OHOHOHO! A truly pathetic attack!

Little help here?

Sure thing, Rose!

And that’s what happens when Abyssal God gets to use Regenerator.

Heal yourself all you want. Tis nothing but a futile effort!

You can see that an FOE spawns near the Abyssal God. Which is functionally a cosmetic/informational effect, as you can’t actually escape from this battle at any point.

Anyways, it doesn’t matter if Regenerator gets cast or not, the Abyssal God will always use Magma Ocean on the next turn.

This Rose will Charge up.

While this Rose will summon another clone.

Are you even trying?

Ready when you all are!

And now time to finish up this phase.

Sic ‘em, Rose!

Cut cut cut!

And there’s the first phase done.

Onto the second phase.

Just gonna spend some time buffing up Rose. Also doing this for the Mist Curtain turn as well.

Feel the power flowing through your veins!

Pump it up!

Now comes the Chaotic Beckon turn. Susan will protect Rose.

While Rose summons a clone.

Behind me, oh loyal subject!

The buffed Rose is gonna need her TP refilled. And the Roses will clone themselves.

Now for the last buff, a Bravant.

A small treat for you.

The Abyssal God will shift to offensive form and cast Demon Rage. It’s very important to defend against this because not only can it kill off the clones, it will also erase any survivor’s buffs, which we really don’t want!

The Rose with all the buffs will Charge up. The other Roses don’t need to do anything anymore.

Try and get past this!

Oh wait. You can’t! Ohohoho!

Time to turn this thing into calamari!

Now it is time to let the blade fall.

And that’s the Tagen Battou kill for you! It’s by far the easiest method to pull off, and RNG can’t really interfere with this method. So if you just want to kill the Abyssal God to get the game over with, just go with this cheese tactic.

This is my kingdom! You are not welcome in my kingdom!

...Susan. Do you even know how to use a shield?

Well... no. But I can learn how to!

In that short of a time span? Yeah, right. I think it’s better if I just take Cassandra along to pull this off instead.

Miss Rose, you are no better than Miss Susan! You have barely even used the Ninja arts, even after begging me to teach you about them, and the techniques in this plan would require tons of practice to pull off! Practice you lack entirely, if I may add!

Oh for the love of- does anyone have anything more possible or not-impossible to suggest!?

Hmmhmmhmm. Worry not, Sir Faye. I have a plan to take down this Evil One, and I’ve made preparations for it already! Here is what I’m suggesting...

And now for the last cheese tactic on the list...

Method 3: The Firing Squad

Now this is more like it!

This party is gonna make use of Warrior Might to take down the Abyssal God. However, this is what I consider to be the least reliable cheese method. Namely because even at level 99, you need a ridiculous amount of Swashbuckling procs to one shot the Abyssal God. Yes that’s right. The Abyssal God’s bullshit rating is so high, that it outbullshits Warrior Might’s bullshit.

Let’s do our duty well!

Cassandra will be protecting the party as usual.

Allow me to show you what us Shoguns are truly capable of.

Now I’m actually using a variation of the Warrior Might party known as the Dual Warrior Might party. It is the most damaging variation of the Warrior Might party. Even more than the overkill variation (the one that has 3 Shogun/Buccaneers instead of 2.) Though replace the Shogun/Gladiator here with a Gladiator/Shogun. But I had to work with what I got. It’s not commonly seen since it is extremely overkill, and one Warrior Might user is enough to get the job done. Also because at this point, you would need to farm up 2nd fully forged Dragonbane. Oh and for the record, 2 Warrior Might users is the optimum amount. Any more, and you start experiencing diminishing returns in terms of damage output.

This’ll be just like that time I gave that tree a heart attack and took down that weird angel thing in the sky!

Cassidy, why must you continue to spout such ludicrous tales?

And the runner up Shogun entries will be providing the fuel for Warrior Might.

Here’s the Limit setup I’ll be going with.

I’ve killed off all the Tentacles for this attempt this time.

:confuoot:Video: Abyssal God:confuoot:

Gonna have Rose cover her own butt in case anything goes wrong.

There’s no need to waste time on the first phase, as this party is capable of ending it instantly.

Can’t take down this tough bod!

First phase down, let’s move onto the main attraction.

Just gonna be taking this time to setup.

Stacking even more attack buffs on Rose and Charlotte.

Though I’m gonna have Cassidy and Bobson apply Rear Dignity to themselves.

Strike me down if you can!

Come at me!

I’ll keep an eye on the rear, mmkay?

Tch! I don’t expect you to do a good job of that by yourself!

The Cassandras will Bodyguard Rose and Charlotte, since Demon Rage is coming out this turn. While Cassidy and Bobson will take advantage of the speed penalty from Rear Dignity to move after the Abyssal God changes forms so they can place the Eagle Eye debuff on it.

We think not.

I spy a big honking weak spot riiiiight there!

You call that a weak point!? No, that’s a better place to attack!

And now it’s time to unleash our assault!

No harm shall come to you!

Say the word, and I shall attack.

Ready when you are!

A feeble attempt!

And that’s how powerful these two Warrior Might attacks are.

Unfortunately...

It wasn’t enough. Because Swashbuckling only activated once. One more proc, and I would have killed it. :argh:

Uhhh, now what? I thought this thing was supposed to be dead by now.

I stared at the screen for a good long while, contemplating on what to do. I was even thinking of just redoing this attempt.

Eventually I decided, “screw this.” Go for a second round of Warrior Might. What’s there to lose?

Well, this sucks.

Oh, this is gonna suck even harder.

Aaaand that’s how little damage Warrior Might deals when the Abyssal God is in its defensive form.

Ha! That all ya got?

Now only Cassidy’s regular attack damage got countered there. However...

OH GRACIOUS! That smarts!

Due to the way that counters are programmed, namely that instead of the damage being reflected back immediately, the amount of damage the Abyssal God took accumulates until something triggers the counterattack, which will send all the accumulated damage back at the player. Warrior Might chases can’t trigger counterattacks, but they can make the next one hurt a lot more.

Citizens of Armoroad... I have failed you.

Bobson, no! You can’t die here!

Focus, Cassidy! We have a mission that we must finish!

Good luck with this mission, because I’ve had enough!

And, that’s the Dual Warrior Might method. Even though it’s more powerful than a normal Warrior Might party, it’s still not completely reliable. Warrior Might is pretty luck based unless you have Fore Honor on everyone. (Which lets you get 2 turns of Warrior Might in at the cost of slightly less damage.) However, it’s less luck based than trying to fight it normally.

Uhhh, we did it? I think?

It may have been messy, but the important part is that we got the job done. And that’s what cou-

WHAT KIND OF A BATTLE PLAN HAS SOMEONE DYING IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!?

Well, it’s just a hypothetical situation. You know, just in case something goes wrong. Drastic measures may have to be taken. You know the saying, you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!

PEOPLE AREN’T OMELETTES! ...I MEAN EGGS! ...YOUR PLAN IS STUPID!

Is there anything else we can do?

Hmm... Aha! Now here’s an idea...

I don’t like the sound of this...

Now for the final Abyssal God kill that will be shown in this update. Now the previous methods are easily reproducible to an extent. But this one isn’t. So I will say this right now: DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME!

Method 4: DEATH BY ALICE

Oh, this is no joke. Alice will kill the Abyssal God all by herself.

Through the power of reading and Akatsuki’s teachings, Alice has ascended. She has become something even greater. Some may even call her a demon.

Now I know what you’re thinking. “Fetus, you already showed off a Tagen Battou kill. What can this kill method possibly bring to the table?” Well this version of the Tagen Battou kill is special, but allow me to make a bit of a demonstration before I show it off.

Even with the best Knife in the game, maxed out stats, all 6 clones active and ready to go, and with the Tagen Battou caster having a Bravant on them...

...She can’t snag the kill. Tagen Battou deals too little damage in this case, and Alice has access to no other damage boosts aside from Bravants and Charge Tactic. And Charge Tactic won’t help, as in order to kill the Abyssal God with one cast with that attack, each hit would need to do at least 12000 damage per hit if 5 hits gets rolled for, or 20000 damage per hit if only 3 hits get rolled. So what can be done about this predicament? Well, let’s engage the Abyssal God and find out.

All 8 Tentacles are dead for this fight as well.

:catstare:Video: Abyssal God:catstare:

First I’ll have Alice apply Indomitable to herself as insurance.

Then have her summon a clone.

Alice’s Flame Amulets allows her to survive this attack, giving her some more breathing room.

Both Alices will cast Kumogakure, which sacrifices half of their current HP to grant them 75 more evasion.

Alice has Senpuku maxed out, giving her 35 more evasion on top of that. And her stat spread grants her 25 more evasion against the Abyssal God, so she has a total of 135 evasion. All of the Abyssal God’s attacks in this phase have a hit rate of 150, so they only have a 15% chance of hitting Alice. They can still hit Alice, but the odds of doing so are a bit unlikely.

Anyways, I have Alice summon clones and have the clones use Kumogakure whenever possible.

I want to kill this phase of the Abyssal God on turn 9. This is very important, you see.

Just gonna have Alice summon some clones and have those clones increase their evasion while the Abyssal God tries to counter attacks that will never come.

Now the Abyssal God is going to cast Chaotic Beckon, which has an accuracy of 150. However, we don’t need to rely on Kumogakure to dodge it.

Chaotic Beckon is a physical attack, meaning that Sarutobi nullifies it entirely.

And it’s important to get Indomitable up on all the Alices. Which is why I cast Kumogakure constantly. It’s a level 10 skill, so it fills up the Limit gauge faster.

Oh, and the only other attack that has an accuracy of 150 in this phase is Chaos Tentacle. All of the Abyssal God’s other attacks?

They only have an accuracy of 120, meaning that they’ll never hit any of the Alices as long as Kumogakure is up.

So as long as the Alices have Kumogakure active and cast Sarutobi to reduce the hit rates of Chaotic Beckon and Chaos Tentacle to 0, the Abyssal God can’t touch Alice. In fact, she can pretty much do this all day. Though the only use this has is dragging out the fight. Which is exactly what I want to do.

I drag out the fight until turn 37 is reached.

Then I turn on auto-battle. This was not a mistake.

The Abyssal God inflicting at least one of the Alices with Curse is key to winning this battle.

Then I have the Alices cure any non-Curse related ailments that’s on the party.

With that done, they all use Bravants on themselves.

The Demon Rage is dodged, and with that, the Abyssal God is now in enrage mode since the turn count reached 40.

I’m going to have this Alice cast Tagen Battou.

And this Alice will use Bunshin.

Now when Tagen Battou gets cast, all the clones merge together first, then the damage is dealt. Well, that’s what happens from a visual standpoint. From a mechanical standpoint, the damage is dealt first, then the clones merge. How and why does that matter?

Because Curse backlash damage instantly kicks in after the damage is dealt. But since the damage is dealt before the clones merge...

This causes a glitch where you can attack with a fully powered Tagen Battou, but the clones don’t merge after casting thanks to the Curse backlash damage confusing the game. All you lose is the one clone.

The Abyssal God’s attacks during enrage mode can no longer be evaded at all due to the skills’ hit rates being too high.

But that doesn’t matter since I set up Indomitable on the Alices beforehand, which lets me survive 1 turn of enrage mode. And 1 turn is all I really need.

Because now I can cast a fully powered Tagen Battou 2 turns in a row. Oh, and the best part?

What prevented me from exploiting this glitch earlier in the fight is that if I were to lower the Abyssal God’s HP below 76% at any point before turn 40, it would immediately revert to defensive form, making the fight very unpredictable. However, since the Abyssal God is now in enrage mode, it’s trapped in its offensive form! This is why I dragged out the battle for so long. To ensure that the very tactic that would ensure the Abyssal God’s victory in most cases would actually cause its own downfall!

All the Abyssal God can do now is watch helplessly as Alice finishes it off.

Won’t you please...

Die for me?

Checkmate.

Using the powers of the cursed darkness, Alice was able to slay the abomination all by herself. Granted this method is not without its risks. As the Abyssal God has to be very cooperative in its first phase, and Spurting Fumes has to inflict Curse, and that Curse has to last all the way until turn 40. And you also have to hope that the enraged Abyssal God is also cooperative.

Um, Faye? I’m glad you think so highly of my abilities, but-

YOU WOULD DARE SEND MISS ALICE TO FACE THAT MONSTROSITY ALONE!?

Whoa whoa whoa, put the knife down, Akatsuki!

Faye, I think you better back down from this ludicrous idea of yours. Not only does it sound utterly preposterous, Akatsuki has that crazed overprotective look in his eye.

Alright alright, sheesh. Anyone else have any suggestions? ...No? ...I guess there’s only one thing we can do...

Well, I’ll admit that these kill methods may look impressive, but that doesn’t change the fact that ultimately, they’re nothing more than cheap parlor tricks in the end. After all, none of them really showcased a proper fight with the Abyssal God. And you do kind of have to feel bad for it considering that it got utterly shut down and humiliated so much.

Cassie. Sid. Asteria. Akatsuki.

...Right.

We’ll go and take out that pile of tentacles ourselves!

But, didn’t you get creamed the last two times!?

Admittedly, we have improved significantly a bit since then. We may actually stand a chance this time.

You’re crazy but... I guess there’s not much else we can do, huh?

Hmph, have more faith in my loyal subjects, Scott. I’m sure they’ll prevail this time!

Ehhh, none of you have any better ideas?

Sorry, that idea earlier was my only one. But I’m sure you’ll do fine. Maybe.

Whatever. Guess I’ll just have to bring the really good ammo this time!

Rose, are you sure that your techniques are going to work?

Trust me, it’ll be even better than what you can do with your magic thingamajigs. Now give that thing some good whacks for me!

Miss Alice... Before I leave, there is something important I must tell you.

Y-Yes?

Never use the Ninja arts to sneak a lick on a doorknob. Doing so is illegal on other planets, or so I’ve heard.

...Um, thank you very much for that piece of advice.

Ouch. Better luck next time, Alice.

Yes, that’s right. We’re gonna be fighting the Abyssal God fair and square. I never would have offered the option to do so if I didn’t intend on following up on it! But to speed things up and not bog things down with another vote, this is the team I’ll be taking along to finally end everything.

This Let’s Play will end next time in The Grand Finale!

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 6, 2017

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I can retire happily after seeing the thing destroyed so utterly in so many creative ways. Looking forward to the proper slugfest to end everything though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

I thought the Alice solo was crazy, and that’s how I know this is a badly designed fight when I’m more skeptical of a legit fight over a Farmer solo victory. Godspeed, Fetus.

(Also I really enjoyed the King of the Red Tug Bot, got a good kick out of me)

• Locked thread