Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bell Lionheart
Ninja, Portrait 4, Normal

In eons past, the Lionheart family has been one of noble warriors, legendary asskickers, you know the drill. Bell thinks that's the coolest poo poo ever, so she dedicated her formative years to becoming the New Asskicker Legend. Unfortunately, it turned out that her frail constitution was far too flimsy for her to be up close like those awesome Gladiators or those dashing Hoplites. Her family sent her into law school instead. Unfortunately for them, the day before she was accepted Bell ran screaming from the house with a Halloween mask she'd worn 8 years prior, shouting, "I'LL SHOW YOU! I CAN BE A HERO TOO!" Truly she dreams of being a badass front line fighter, the real noble warrior, but unfortunately for her, she's a Ninja instead.

Edit: Her guild name is Aw Yeah!

Kinu Nishimura fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Endorph posted:

i wish to provide a sample gif of my character:

stop outplaying me endorph, it's too good

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
yeah i honestly can't be sad if that gets in instead of me, i laughed like an idiot at it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
actually if either of the two ??? classes would fit the character flipping out and hulking out in a completely different way after being rejected in favor of obviously superior ninjitsu master akatsuki then i switch my bio to a submission for that class to give akatsuki as little competition as possible

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

tithin posted:

I picked a horrible day to stop reading the LP forum by missing this :smith:

I was looking forward to rollign a character too. Oh well, looking forward to seeing it progress.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be able to shoot for whichever one of the ??? classes you won't have to pry out of my cold dead hands.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

MightyPretenders posted:

I take it the max guild size is 25? I can't think what you need all those Ninjas for...

Tidehunt's servants, the loyal Goninja clan, are clearly the entrance test for any new entrants.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You must defeat Meepo Long to stand a chance (in the labyrinth.)

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
What is it this time, an angry beetle?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
It's called the S.S. Oh No! because that's what monsters will be saying when they see it :smug:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I was like "oh this was in EO4? I wonder what it is" and then the melody kicked in and I started headbanging. I loved that song in that game and it's still great here. :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
it is joek

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
When one of your party members dies they are replaced by Garcian the Farmer and only he can pick up their dead heads to revive them.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I remember when I charged directly into an angry baboon in the Old Forest Mine in EO4 and got my poo poo wrecked. Ah, memories. :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That said, from listening to it one time I can judge that EO3's FOE theme is hands-down series best for when you go into a battle against an insanely tough FOE and win, which is always radical as hell.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I beat every single monster in EO4. :smug:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Even the Warped Savior. :shepface:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hall of Darkness B3F was real fun. :shepicide:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Ah, I see. That MP3 site must've inspected the statues and gotten ambushed by Malwoids.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bring in MEGAQUEEN otherwise I have no opinions

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ratoslov posted:

Meanwhile, nobody likes Scott. Nobody.

Scott, Scott, Scott! :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

god drat

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Actually, you know what? I'm ending the vote now. So the party I'm allowed to choose from will be Cassandra, Asteria, Sidney, Faye, and Scott. You said you wanted total annihilation? Oh, you are getting TOTAL ANNIHILATION! :flame:

Hoist the sword with pride in the heart. :getin:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
she's a robot. she looks like a robot. this is my prediction

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah around the post-game, they can still be damage dealers, but chances are that they're gonna act more like supports than dealing damage most of the time. They're not the wrecking balls they are in the main game. Still, it's better than EO2 Alchemists, who were stuck with nothing once post-game came around.

: Shut your mouth! I'll have you know that one of my birthright cannot help but be perfect in every way! :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

: But of course. After all, only I could've been capable of defeating the Overlord all by myself. They don't call me "The Excellent" for nothing. :smug:

: If one more word comes out of your insipid mouth you will never receive a high-five again.

: ALIARA NO DON'T LEAVE ME :cry:

...and that's why Bellamy hasn't already defeated Olympia and her foul roboplots.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Would you say EO2U is worth playing if I followed your LP?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Wait, wait, more important question.

Is Alchemist good now?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I think it will be completely like Armoroad and full of completely ordinary people (and also robots like Olympia) and they're determined to keep people out becaaaaaaaause people are stupid.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That boss theme is still incredibly good.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I loving knew she was a robot!!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, I don't know why you all are opting to make a promise with a serial killing robot that has tried to kill our guild several times. But I guess we're going to lie to the Senatus. I'm sure that will go over well.

Who said we had to keep our promise? :v:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dr. Fetus posted:

But the guild would be a bunch of jerks if they broke a promise. You don't want them to be jerks, do you?

Dr. Fetus, my avatar is Dinogator. Of course I want them to be jerks!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

GeneralYeti posted:

Yeah, remember what happened last time we broke a (almost-kinda-sorta-)promise? You monsters.

Yeah, Agata died.

So if we break our promise... Olympia will die...

I'm not seeing the problem here.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I mean seriously, you know what happened the last time someone in an Etrian Odyssey game killed a robot?

That's right, it got back up with half of its health. Therefore, since Olympia is a villain, we should kill her emotionally by breaking her trust so the boss fight against her later will take half as long.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I bet Olympia and Golem go to "Jumping out from behind peoples' backs and attempting to murder them" club on Sundays together, because they both do it and they're both robots! COINCIDENCE?! I THINK NOT!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Two towns... in an Etrian Odyssey game...?! :psyboom:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Uh, Ninja. Duh. That's rad.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Domo. I am Princess Slayer!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Double Rabite posted:

So, that hidden class that the game does not allow you to use as a subclass. There is nothing in the code that prevents it from being a subclass, only picking it as a subclass. So if you were to want somebody to have it as a subclass *cough* Alice *cough* all you would have to do is set that person's subclass value to 11.

I don't even know what the class is but I change my vote to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kemix posted:

We must gamble! Make Alice part ??? because gently caress playing the game fairly!

Being an unlockable class doesn't necessarily make it good. Beasts were awful in EO2. I betcha Farmer/Class 11 is somehow gonna turn out to be the worst possible option.

• Locked thread