Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
MEGAQUEEN, Princess, 2nd portrait, alternative

The daughter of a relatively well-to-do fish salesman, she knows exactly two things:

1) how fishing works
2) she wants to be the Grand Matriarch of the Entire Universe

Seeing the labyrinth as a chance to recruit some fine servants, as she'll naturally take the role of person who tells them what to do, and to expand her sphere of influence from just her family's allowance to the known cosmic reaches, she joins the guild. She insists being referred to by her suitably dramatic title that she plans to use when she rules all creation, and says that must be yelled at all times in deference.

MEGAQUEEN is not actually all that bad of a boss, and can't help but see her peons as human beings, rather than the disposable pawns her position would demand. She's just been told to chase her dreams and was never told that ruling the entire universe is perhaps somewhat implausible of a dream.

Her real name is Susan, a name she laments as being far too dull for the future-greatest ruler to ever live.

Also Tidehunt is fine and LPer's choice since otherwise people will leave you with farmers all the time.

I'm interested in this LP if only to show me how to get to the point where I do the really broken stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
My dear hype princess got in! :allears:

Endorph posted:

an anime called ninja slayer

it varies between bad clip art and actual animation, and is a parody of the western perception of ninjas.

How

can I view this?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

How

can I view this?

Oh it's on Hulu.

I love Ninja Slayer.

This LP is already The Best for making me aware of it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I see :smug: is guest starring in this LP.

Rather than dedicated picks for her hair, she's using backscratchers. The earrings are modeled after Yayoi era bells.

And she's holding an abacus, but I am pretty sure that's fairly obvious.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

I believe it was stated in the EO3 artbook, but I'm not too sure. I've read it once, and I don't have the artbook anymore. I don't believe it stated any of the other NPCs' names though.

I have it right here! If I could get my scanner to scan like it's friggin' supposed to I'd scan the poo poo out of it!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, like a vampire. I'm surprised they went with that one instead of the blonde one.

I think the black dress makes the whole design gel together better. That's about it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
When I had my party lined up as

M/H/P
Z/*/A

Mumyouken went before Charge Tactic. Then I read this thread and saw the hypothesis that the back-right influenced it so I went to

M/H/P
A/*/Z

and Charge Tactic went first and powered up the Mumyouken.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm disappointed that you're not using this notorious boozer for Toma:

Well, we never buy him soda pop.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

Something to note about Etrian Odyssey's formulas in every game is that they round down after every single multiplication or division that occurs within the formula. In most cases anyway.

I think it's using integer mathematics and never considering the decimals, if that's the case. So it sees 11/3 as just 3. Probably because that non-terminating decimal would gently caress something up.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you're actually hoping for Alice to turn into a good party member, it's not happening. Period.

Mods, please change this poster's name to "Quitter".

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

Are you happy now, Alice supporters? Useless and did nothing all fight. And she will continue to be useless. IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED!?

No, that comes after the second stratum.

Unless you're still Dr. Quitter.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kemix posted:

I think the term "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" is appropriate here. She's gonna get her poo poo kicked in if the group has anything to say about it.

She's so impossibly powerful she can manipulate the map! How could we possibly defeat her?!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Maybe Fetus's problem is he should get gud.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

8_Escape posted:

Will Alice at least get any support skills to make stuff like this worth it?

No the farmer only gets things you pretend help in fights like Lullaby and Strange Seeds. They do have To Market, Safe Stroll, and Rain or Shine to make steppin' through the labyrinth a lot easier, though.

Just so long as you don't step into fights.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

So here are some little questions. What do you think the Deep City will be like? And why are people so determined to keep everyone out?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's been a while since I've actually used a Prince/ss past the 2nd Stratum, so it might be better than I remember?

It's not great but it's still the highest-attack weapon until the 19th or 20th floor, and the innate forges help a little.

Minor bonuses compared to Buccs going into turbo-overdrive, though.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

cdyoung posted:

this. give susan the jolly roger so she can do some decent poking damage when she isn't buffing/dispelling.

The Red Iron Chip, the other item used to make it, is very noticeably in the floor after Narmer.

No go there.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
M/P and P/M are the times when generalist builds work because everything but the healing is stat-independent. Resurrect and Prevent Order and Knighthood don't care what the user's TEC stat is, and Attack/Guard Order only care how many skill points are in them.

And a lovely Party Heal can still help a little.

It's a shame how many classes end up /G because you don't get anything from others compared to Charge and Berserker Vow.

It's amazing how many ideas from this game were refined in EO4.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bravely Default springs to mind immediately, with things like Dark Knight skills + Drain Sword.

Freelancer/Performer copying their own My Heroes to be a TP battery. Pirate/Swordmaster to use Free Lunch with Amped Strike. Man, there's a lot of cool strats in Bravely Default that are pointless in the face of Stillness w/ Hasten World.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Wilding so that Alice plays drums and yells incoherently, indicating that her farm is some... strong stuff.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Captain Bravo posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo, did I accidentally stumble into a FFXI LP? You've got your paladin subbing ninja for shadows to tank damage? :v:

Same principle, that blink-tanking to take 0 damage from attacks is good. The TP regen from Karuwaza can pretty easily get above the cost of any of the Hoplite's skills, too.

And, yeah, Bunshin for two Hopites guarding way too drat much.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Is it wrong I used the Front Cuisses forever? The only character who isn't wearing some is my Zodiac who has some TEC shoes on.

15% more HP is a bigger boost than any other shoe and even 6th stratum shoes never get much defense anyway.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I would not get Horoscope unless you're aiming for Meteor but my Z/G used Horoscope rather frequently in practice and it's really weird because I'm not sure if it helped or not.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Aren't you, on a technical level, given all your starting classes by a new culture since every game describes you as an immigrant seeking adventure?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

poorlywrittennovel posted:

The objectively correct way to play is to assume that the first character you make for any given guild is the guild leader.

Then that means MEGAQUEEN is the boss of my EO3 guild.

OK.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Maybe it's because I played EO4 before 3 but I don't like how many of the Hoplite's damage reduction skills are all-or-nothing. Either the enemy fails completely because the skill is nulled or reduced to oblivion, or my Hoplite fails completely because my options cover one thing and leave the others untouched.

Maybe I just miss Element Guard because there's no generic elemental damage decrease either to add to your guys or inflict on the enemy. The only way to protect myself from Zone Icicle is the anti-ice moves. If the enemy could use either Zone Icicle or Zone Blaze or Zone Thunder on a given turn I only have a 33% chance of actually doing anything about it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I wanted a Yggdroid as strong as Olympia, strong enough to change the map and create shortcuts.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Alice, Fang, Akatsuki

I'm with Hivac in being very, very rude.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
My Zodiac was a Z/G focused on Meteor so I didn't even notice Reflect most of the time.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Hi I haven't checked this in nearly two years.

I'm glad MEGAQUEEN got a really big gun.

I'm queen bitch!

With or without comma?

Either way, really.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Hahaha MEGAQUEEN is learning Swashbuckling too, with her big gun.

: Hey Susan, can y-

*BLAM BLAM*

: The name's MEGAQUEEN, motherfucker.

: And I always double-tap.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Pureauthor posted:

EO4's postgame dungeon is too short and not nearly assholish enough too.

I think it makes up for that with Muskoids.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The Abyssal God looks great, and its music is fantastic, the presentation is top-notch.

Shame about the actual fight.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Clearly there is one last thing to be done.

Let MEGAQUEEN say gently caress.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

I have been blessed by the MS Paint fairy. :allears:

Added this (and that writeup of the Abyssal God) to the OP.

I hearby decree: "gently caress this tentacular abomination."

You might want to run. I already see Faye rushing over here with a bar of soap in her hand.

Alright, whose potty mouth needs washing!?

You forget. She has a gun.

gently caress making the meter fit, it was hard enough finding a rhyme for labyrinth at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Dr. Fetus posted:

I am sad to say that the electric chair is currently malfunctioning. The drat thing refuses to be electrocuted, and is casting Abyssal Offering in situations that are extremely unlikely (A 1 in 1000 chance, mind you) or outright impossible. (On a turn it was supposed to cast Dark Lightning, it cast Abyssal Offering instead. This was when it was above 75% HP. :psyduck:)

Not sure what I'm going to do if this thing continues to refuse to cooperate.

So you would say... the indescribable god has awakened, huh?

• Locked thread